The Burning Blades (An adventurers story)

Mages are academically trained in magic at universities and specialize in more advanced forms of magic. Witches are homeschooled or teach themselves, specializing in more destructive, primal forms of magic.

5 Likes

Ronin is class I’m going to be :grin:

Any chance that you can replace tank with something like chevalier, squire or even knight? (The latter in the Fire Emblem sense) “Tank” just takes me out of the fantasy realm and places me in a MMO

This seems like a very interesting WiP, and I look forward to it when it comes out. Now, you said you were planning on making unique classes, depending on who we train with. Can you give an example?

2 Likes

I did, that was a placeholder name until I could come up with a more fitting name.

Sure, one of the core members of the band is a prodigy in alchemy, and acts as the groups primary healer. Based on your class and bond with her she can teach you one of two classes; Poisoner, or Arcane Alchemist

1 Like

Do we have subskill / subclass?

1 Like

Are any of these classes equivalent to a ranger class?

Archer or scout, probably archer a little more.

3 Likes

Good to hear. Ranger is my favorite class.

Quick Update and question for those interested, what would you guys prefer? Second person (You/Your), or First person?

• First Person
  • Second Person

0 voters

2 Likes

Whatever you find is easier for you to write.

5 Likes

I would’t mind any POV but I agreed with @Logan3000x. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally I think it would be pretty cool if you switched mid way or something like that. You could have half of the story be in 1st person like youre things that happened in the past, and the other half could be in 2nd person like youre doing those things in the present. But I think you should do whatever you want, I was just giving you a suggestion.

1 Like

I finally was able to get some time to work on this, choicescript has been running… fairly smoothly so far, I have a decent grasp of the basics, except the annoying stats screen. I can’t get a hand of it, mostly trying to implement the stats, creating new ones aside from Leadership and Weakness.

10 Likes

Good to hear! Looking forward to seeing it!

1 Like

I like the sound of this! A question about the world: in your setting do you have to be born with magic or is it something potentially anyone could learn?

1 Like

Magic can be learned by anyone, though there are certain races who are born with a predisposition to certain primal forms of magic.

3 Likes

Could there be a class like a Spearmaster? It would be very interesting. Looking forward to It, i am always on by a low/dark fantasy mercenarie game (It is kinda of a low/dark fantasy right? Or i got It wrong?).

If I were to put it on a scale from… say harry potter to beserk, its probably be somewhere near, but not as bleak as Dragon Age or Game of thrones.

Is there gun powder in this world