Hey everyone. I am currently writing a game for choice script and it has been in development for a couple years now, yes, years. Considering I am a one man team the sheer size of the story behind this game has taken a significant amount of time to develop, but I think it’s safe to say the story of this world is roughly 90% finished! However, I am still in the process of writing it. While I don’t want to give too much away, you can look at my previous discussion topics to get a terribly rough idea. I want this game/story to be a conglomeration of what fantasy lovers enjoy about epic stories. I want the input and ideas of other people who enjoy rpgs as much as I do and give everyone a chance to help me write this story. While the basic plot of the ‘potential series’ is developed, details can and need to be added, so I would like some of your ideas if you’re willing to share. Feel free to write an entire paragraph on what you want in an rpg, but if you don’t want to do all that work, then please just get your imaginative gears spinning and answer these few questions: (These questions are not real plot scenarios, but may pertain to similar events. Also, please add to theses scenarios any details you want, these scenarios are your short story to tell me that could potentially influence my writing.)
- You and a band of companions must travel from one village to the next and between you and your destination exist vast planes and meadows. The journey may take several days. How does your party get to its destination? (any option may be viable)
- Your nemesis is fleeing from battle, but you cannot let him escape again. How do you catch up to him and stop him before he flees through a portal?
- A classic torn choice: If forced to choose one, would you save your life-long best friend, a beloved war hero, or a prosperous king?
- Simple, if you could be ANY class or combination with no stupid unrealistic disadvantageous, what would you be?
- Like I said, feel free to tell me something that I should add to my game that you feel no successful rpg would be without.
Quotes from Alpha testers:
“It was awesome! If that is only a little bit, then I can’t wait for the next part.” @MSox99
"I can’t wait for this to progress! Let me know when you update so I can replay it!" @snappingcookies
"If this is what i get from just 1/10 of a game…im …excited…" @Xhandas_Antonidas