The Brandings (W.I.P) (Discontinued)

Hello! This is game is currently discontinued but if you want to continue on, I hope you enjoy it!

In this game, you will play as one of five special beings (called Brandings) that need to end the Wizard’s tyranny over all the other species. I hope to give it a more school vibe going on for now, so like the MC can build up their stats and abilities, maybe even unlock new power(s).

Here is the demo: https://dashingdon.com/play/danielle-w/the-brandings/mygame/
And here is the link to the tumblr: https://thebrandings.tumblr.com/

Shorts

Merry Christmas 2018 Special; Post 41

Update Scheduling and Information

I believe the most common thing that’d stop me from writing is writer’s block and just pure confusion of what’s supposed to be going on because I don’t have an outline of what’s going to happen every chapter, which is bad. I know it is but I feel like the writing would be too forced for me and you’d be able to see it.

I would also like to update every chapter fully instead of a little bit of content at a time because as stated before, it’d help with the confusion.

I’m not really good at writing fighting scenes (I’m practicing, don’t worry) but I’m hoping that this story will be a nice balance between romance and fantasy or action. Currently, I don’t plan on making it strictly stat-base.

Word Count

Prologue: About 2,000
Chapter One: About 10,000

Changelog

11/22/2018: Prologue finished
12/23/2018: Chapter 1 finished and uploaded
8/25/2019: Announcement of Wip being Rewritten
10/23/2019: Chapter 1 reuploaded

305 Likes

Let me read dis

EDIT: was that the prologue? Because I got an Error, it says I can’t continue.
Our apologies; there was a 404 error while loading game data. Please refresh your browser now; if that doesn’t work, please email support-external@choiceofgames.com with details.

2 Likes

Good writing and potentional I haven’t seen enough to truly praise it but it’s a good intro I look forward to seeing what you do

4 Likes

Yeah, I believe you reached the end of the prologue. The demo ends where the MC blacks out. Thank you for reading it!

It was too short for me to say anything. But still, I’m very interested in shooting fireballs and shit.

Oh, and ending a wizard’s tyranny of course.

1 Like

From what you have so far, I am impressed.

Can’t wait to see more.

2 Likes

you made good story to read hope to read more

1 Like

Like it so far, it’s nice and angsty. Look forward to reading what’s next and finding out more about what is going on.

1 Like

It was short but was pretty good, had a good amount of choices in such few pages as well! Will we be able to choose why were in the cell?

1 Like

Were ‘lovey’ and ‘lovely’ meant to bee different or was it a typo? Sorry if this isn’t helping, I’m kinda new to this…

1 Like

Like others have said, since it’s only the prologue, it’s not yet enough to form a concrete opinion on the story. But, one thing I already love is how detailed the choices are. I always love when they are fleshed out like that, instead of just one word options. I’m also looking forward to meeting the other characters.

Good luck on this WiP!

1 Like

It looks good so far for its short introduction.

A small Pronoun issue for Oliver. There isn’t any other pronoun issues in the other Lily/Ollie/Oliver paths that I’ve noticed

1 Like

Its not much to for an opinion yet but so far its good.

the* shouldn’t be there i suppose

2 Likes

Awesome! Sounds really interesting~ Can’t wait for the next chapter!

1 Like

What kind of powers are we talking about? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think… I think I’m in love with this wip. I really LOVE it :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Im loving the look of this story partner

1 Like

@Zetttic Because you’re one of the five special beings, the Wizards have tried to capture all of those who pose a threat to run tests on (because if they just killed you, there wouldn’t be a story :grinning:) and that’s why you’re in the jail, even if right now you have no idea that you’re a Branding.

@Bathala Unfortunately, I don’t have any elements in my not-well-planned-out-outline, but if I need more powers to give, I’ll definitely look into that.

@DontJudge Mostly above average abilities and the ones that are more extra will have to remain a secret for now :grinning:

To everyone that’s read it or sent in some errors, thank you! I hope you stay tuned in for more!

5 Likes

I like the way this started. I’ll be keeping an eye out for this WIP.

1 Like

Another interesting WIP I do hope you complete it I would love to see more.

2 Likes