The Badlands Series Interactive Novel (WiP) (Update Chapter 4 Finished (24 September 2015)

Sorry mate but once I told mom I would out smart the competition I got an error.

Assemble line 45: bad label reveal1

Is the error(or one of them).

Also, I choose Grey as the surname, but on the next page it says Scott, but on stats page it does say Grey.

Yeah I got the same error when i told my mom that I would beat them from the shadows

I get the same error when when I told the MC’s mom I would out fight the competition.

hmm that’s weird I checked the code, and that shouldn’t be popping up I’ll have to work with it a lil bit

Okay my bad guys, all of the choice script errors should be good now, let me know if any more pop up though, and also let me know how all of you feel about your teammates. Love them, hate em, wanna marry them etc. As always all feedback is appreciated.

Ran into this error

Line 504: mixing of tabs and spaces

Also, I’m not sure about the other people’s recruiting, but in Naomi’s I get referred to and treated like a male character though I picked female before.

Can you point out at which points the pronouns were masculine, a screenshot woul be helpful

Sooo… I’m the only one who can’t even start the game up? The only options are to download or save to my drop box…

Your not alone @yagamikuuno, having the same problem as you

Ditto, As I tried to recruit the theif this error happens

@JVM I know you said that you will correct spelling and Grammer mistakes at the end but I think you should do that as you’re going along .
sorry. It’s just that the bad spellings and Grammer mistakes are really putting me off. :-1:
however, I have to say that I love this game so far.
like a few others, I’ve found the same error:

A large well built man, sits on the left side, and he speaks first. “Ahh so he’s finally here then, Anna can you go down and watch the shop while I talk with Naomi, and this young woman.”

And Erica’s recruiting:

“Erica, you must join Amara in the Imperial City, you must help him win the tournament.”

I also got the line 538 error mixing of spaces and tabs.

Sorry, can’t take screen shots on my tablet.

I’m sorry about all the mistakes guys, still learning the ropes on CS I guess I’ll get those fixed today though, on another note

I’m going out of town for the weekend today, so tge next update won’t till Monday at the earliest.

@addicted Yeah I’ve been hearing that a lot I’ll try to get most of those ironed out before I start on Chapter 3

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone’s already mentioned it if so I apologize. Found an error when choosing my MC’s name to be Evan

So are we ganna talk to Donovan today or monday?

So, a lot of these errors could be picked up by Quicktest. I’d recommend running it before you upload new drafts.

1 Like

There were a few mistakes that I ran into when choosing my name.
I first tried to make my own female name and after I hit yes for the last name it took me back to the screen where you choose a first name and they were all male names.
Also when choosing the last name Grey for a female it asks if my last name is Scott. And if you hit No it takes you back to choosing your first name, and they are all male names again.

My choices:
“I became a Fence for some of the local thieves in Cunaria.”> … > Erica Glazebrook (Intellectual Prodigy) > Yes, I’ll go recruit her now.> Please, I promise it’s really important.>I try to intice her intellectual curiosity.

Got this error:

I like where this story is going! Are we going to meet the princess in the later part of the story? I mean the daughter of King Augustin?