The Badlands Series Interactive Novel (WiP) (Update Chapter 4 Finished (24 September 2015)

Thanks for finding that error, and yeah you will have a chance to meet the Princess, but you will have to actively seek after her in order to build a relationship with her.

Okay guys Chapter 2 is completely finished, there is now a training scene where you get to train your team for the first time. There are probably still some spelling errors, but it should be goof for the most part.

2 Likes

Hey guys if anybody still remembers this game I’ve been working for the past several months and its stating to come together what i really need is people to test it right now and tell me the stats they have at the end of the demo. Also I would like any suggestions you guys have about how the story should progress, and especially talk about what you want see on the RO side, as I am having trouble in writing that into the story. I apologize in advance for spelling and grammar mistakes please suffer through them for now, and I will have most corrected the next time I update. Remeber when after testing it tel me your stats, this will help me develop the game in a way that can be fun to everyone’s play style. Thanks guys I appreciate it

PS can somebody tell me how to edit the title of the this post I literally cant remember how to do it.

3 Likes

My understanding is that you need to at least be a regular to change titles, what would you like it to be changed to?

I just want it to say it’s been updated on today’s date instead of whatever date is up there

Ok, I’ve tweaked it for you, is that fine?

Could you change chapter 2 to chapter 4 instead @Left4Bed

Sure, no problem. How’s that?

Awesome thanks bro!!!

1 Like

Well, since you asked us what is one of the things that bother us, I’m gonna speak about the Ingenuity stat:

Why is Ingenuity the only stat uncapable of reaching 30? I have tried every single path and the highest I have gotten it is 20. I can see how the MC could have trouble increasing it with having to cut his lessons short to start working but there is no explanation for it. I was thinking about adding another job as a librarian which highly increases it but lowers Combat because we spend all day sitting in a house. The extra 5 the game gives us after chossing a profession should be Charisma since we spend the day talking with people.

@Jjcb I’m sorry if you were having trouble with the game, but it possible to get 30 Ingenuity assuming you mean To use Ingenuity as your primary stat. The blacksmith profession increases Ingenuity by 20 adding to your characters already present 10.(See Image below) And I’m not sure what you mean by librarian? You can even increase Ingenuity above 30 with the right choices.

And how is this world different then our own? lol

@JVM

Oh, forget it then. It must have been a bug. When I chose that profession it only gave me the stealth penalty and no Ingenuity increase.

It’s all in the rhetoric my friend. Although it actually sounds like this Lord Koh is attempting to emulate president Snow and base his rule on the most narrow base of support and approval possible, always a risky choice and one I wouldn’t choose to take unless the alternative meant certain death.
There’s a reason why the tropes Fascist, but Inefficient and Dystopia is Hard exist and like that other dictator I mentioned this guy seems to be running into all of them.
It’s why my dictatorship, should it ever come to that, might look more like a far more technocratic EU or UN on steroids than anything else.
Actually using the State’s power to foster the creation of wealth and then skim a large portion of the top of it, part of which is used to create even more wealth is the better strategy in the long term.

If I really must rule a dystopia then Brave New World seems like it’d be much easier to create and more sustainable than 1984.

Since the society present here seems economically unsustainable, I wonder if there’s a bigger bad, so to speak of behind this usurper. Kind of like how China’s currently propping up the Kim dynasty.

@Jjcb that’s weird what device were you playing on if you don’t mind me asking.

@idontlikeusernames yeah I was going for the typical oppressive evil dictator oppressing the majority of the population through harsh laws, and harsher taxes kinda dude lol.

Guys remember if your playing the game I really need to know the stats the you guys end up with at the end of Chapter 4!!!

There are some spelling errors but other than that this is one of my favorite WIPs . Because you built such a good story.I also like how we started off as the king and you showed the plot through that scene.

@JVM
I am playing on an android. But, don’t worry. I played through the scene again and it worked just fine.

@Kaleolii
Thanks for the stats and the feedback!

@Jjcb
Good glad to hear it

really enjoying it so far. Keep up the good work