Telltale games thoughts

I might be off of topic but I hope that they continue the batman series and even do other hero’s too like Wonderwoman or Zatanna or superman…maybe a justice league game :weary:. I need a decent rpg superhero game and they did an awesome job with batman so they definitely could do the justice league and solo hero stories.

2 Likes

I would love to see Zatanna in the next season of Batman, she could make for an interesting romantic rival to Selina and they could utilise her childhood friendship with Bruce from the comics perfectly. I also hope for some new villains alongside Joker and Harvey like Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Mister Freeze given the same good treatment.

Walking Dead S3 sadly seems to have had a bit of a rough start from what I can tell, especially with the short episodes and lack of consequence to the numerous ways S2 ended and the dumb treatment of the suriving characters just to get Clem to the same point so the new fans and Javie character has a fresh start. It seems like some departments of TT are better than others, with every season of WD worked on by different people. Whilst Batman apparently was the same group who worked on the stellar Tales From the Borderlands and it shows perfectly.

1 Like

Tbh all I want is a gay batman but I doubt we’ll get that.

But Batman was never gay, it’s the same as if someone said “I want a Batwoman straight” or “I want an Apollo and Midnight straight”.
Those character already have their sexuality defined, changing them would be a bad move.

1 Like

Bruh batman character was modified countless times before. You dont mind that telltale changed the whole background of the origin story but bi batman would ruin it? What is it to you if telltale would allow us to have a romance that isnt straight like who would that hurt and how would it hurt them. I’m not saying they should force a gay romance. I’m saying choice would be nice.

And yeah I would support a bisexual batwoman should they have a batwoman game. I think freedom of romance is a pretty great thing to have.

http://i.yomyomf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/massage-400x380.jpg

This guy just is… completely fine with Robin seeing him naked, sleeping in the same bed, and considers him the equivalent of a love interest.

:tea: :frog: But that’s none of my business.

1 Like

“Robin what have I done to you” is now my favorite batman quote. Like indeed Batman what have you done?

They changed only Thomas Wayne, Batman stayed the same. He still become Batman because what happened with his father, he still do not kill, he still the greatest detective and he still straight. They didn’t changed anything about Batman.

And I would be against a straight Batwoman, or any other gay character becoming bi. Those characters shouldn’t have their sexuality changed to please the players.

@Laguz you should try harder.

I feel like you either didnt play this or you are cherry picking because they changed more than that. They also didnt give us any indication that he was hardcore straight.

There isnt much reason other than your personal feelings to explain what problem there is with a batman that isnt straight. Seriously you didnt give me any reasons why other than “it isnt like that” and I’m not satisfied.

What reason is there not to include the possibility to be gay other than the fact that batman wasnt openly declared homosexual before without forgetting the fact that the batman (and superheroes in general) lore was changed by many peoples many time to tell different stories.

Also really want to point out that I doubt batwoman was openly lesbian at first.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you why: homophobia.

There is like, nothing wrong with making traditionally straight characters bi. There is no loss from this. Straights have all the characters anyway.

But when you change the sexuality of a non-straight character to straight, you lose representation and you lose the integrity of a gay character.

You should have a look at why you feel this way towards gay characters. I’m joking around, trying to make light of a situation, and then you take that as a threat.

I think you’re the one that’s trying too hard. You’re explicitly ignoring the impact Batman has had on the LGBTQA+ community since forever.

He’s very plutonian in the sense that he’s wealthy and also in the sense that he’s sexually deviant. Gayness is built into Batman. I’m not using gay in the pejorative sense, but Batman is very, very gay. There’s just no denying it.

Obviously as a fictional character he’s intended to be heterosexual, but the basis of the whole concept is utterly gay. I think that’s why people like it. All these women fancy him and they all wear fetish clothes and jump around rooftops to get to him. He doesn’t care-he’s more interested in hanging out with the old guy and the kid.

Quote from Grant Morrison, 2012.

What is there to lose by having a bi Batman? Absolutely nothing. You allow the player more agency. It doesn’t mean he won’t flirt with Catwoman

My dad used to collect comics; I only own like, Lone Wolf and Cub. He owns about, must be over two thousand. Some of them are worth hundreds of pounds in today’s market.

You go up there, and you pick one. A box is Batman from this era, a box is Superman from this era. Dad loves the X-Men the best. But he realises that these characters are only products of their time, and change to fit the time, even subtly. Captain America was created to be anti-Nazi propaganda, but after the war was won, then what? He had to adapt.

The identity of a superhero is constantly changing. Our modern, gritty interpretation is Alan Moore’s work, but it wasn’t always that way.

And it’s obvious that the identity of a superhero is transient and fits with the times. If the civilian character themself cannot change due to this or that image, the identity of the superhero does. We now have a black bi Spiderman and a Muslim-American Ms. Marvel.

While Bruce Wayne might not be a bi Batman (which I highly doubt, but whatever), there’s nothing saying you can’t have a bi Batman. Plus, if you will remember, Thomas Wayne did become Batman in one timeline.

So yeah, sign me up for the gay Batman game.

1 Like

Speaking as a comic fan who watched how badly Marvel handled Iceman being declared as gay, I can pretty much say that all it would do is tick a lot of people off. The best means for characters of any unique sexuality in ANY fiction is to create them, and also to make them characters first and their sexuality second.

2 Likes

Yes, it would tick a lot of homophobes off. As you can see by this thread.

Shawn Ashore, Stan Lee, and gay and ally fans are very pleased. Maybe not at the art, nor the handling, but hey, a gay’s a gay. Not that it wasn’t implied that he was gay back in the 90’s anyway. I’m happy.

1 Like

And I feel you only see what you want to see. Please tel me how different this Batman is? Because every core characteristics are there.

I already told, they shouldn’t change the sexuality of a character to please you. And just as same you didn’t give any reason to change good sexuality other than “I want that”.

They change, but they do not change what is the core of the character. Batman relationship with Thalia and Catwoman are very important to his character.

So what? It’s now part of her character, they shouldn’t change it.

I said to you try harder, not call people who disagree with you homophobic.

See ya.
Nice seeing how ridiculous your views are: “you’re just not going to get anywhere with a straight”.

Hey man. If they can make Penguin tall and handsome they can have Batman plough some guys with his batdick. It doesn’t have to change his character if he decides he likes dudes. Not that big a deal, really it isn’t.

I mean the Telltale game just screams Bruce/Oswald at me. Try and tell me that isn’t the anger of a spurned lover. I won’t believe you. I refuse.

3 Likes

You bring joy into my heart and home sometimes, you know that?

3 Likes

There’s a difference between ‘every game I play caters to me as a straight person’ versus ‘damn I hope someone throws me a bone here’. It’s just part of what our culture declares as the ‘norm’. Characters that aren’t openly declared gay/bi/pan/ace/…? Obviously they must be straight! I’ve seen so many people fight tooth and nail just to prove that due to the fact that characters don’t get a Love Interest they can only be the most approved factor, i.e. straight. But that really isn’t true. And of course LGBTQA+ people have a right to ask for their share of the cake too. God knows they get crumbs at most.

So no a Batman (especially a character so often re-imagined) doesn’t have to be straight in a game where you can influence who he flirts with. That’s a concious development decision by a team who decides to only look to the most commonly accepted part of the pie without acknowledging that a ton more options do exist. (I have never played this game though so do not know in which way you can influence any romance here.)

It’s all fine and well to have a defined straight character in a game that has no (illusion of) player choice. I doubt people scream for Cloud to be gay. But when a game gives you the ability to pick options, to make decisions for a character regarding romance, then a variety of sexualities should be implemented because everything else might alienate the player. I say that as an asexual, hetero-romantic person. I get half my share quite often (the ace part never happens for big games, sadly), while other people get even less. I love that Bioware handles this pretty well. And although Solas the egg God broke my heart, he was written in a way that didn’t need to have sexual undertones if you interpreted it that way and I loooved that.

1 Like

I When comes to batman and his bat dicking wayz. There infinite multiverses he gotta be f****** some dude in the ass in one of them gleefully smile on his face.

4 Likes

Pinguin is tall, handsome, british and batman childhood best buddy.

Two face can end up not having two face.

Batman whole family situation was modified.

Joker is just a random dude who joined gotham without any explanation at some point.

All the villains are secretely manipulated by a new villain character that no one expected.

Batman whole personality and approach to things depend on you.

You are cherry picking and then you try to tell me that nothing changed when they obviously did. You also ignored my question about when batwoman was declared gay.

I cant force you to see that but at least please dont try to repress gay peoples with half baked arguments that basicaly come down to you saying that it isnt fitting because you didnt see him like that. “Its in the lore” is not a good argument because of something we already said many time but you ignored. Superheroes stories were made to be modified but somehow modifying it wouldnt be right because a character wouldnt be straight. But thats your own personal opinion.

Thats why I dont want to keep arguing with you if you’re just going to keep repeating the same stuff because you dont know what else to say to justify why you dont want a character you like to be bi in this version

If you really really really want to keep arguing though lets just make a list of pro and con to show that its completely harmless. If you try to push this further without any new argument I will have to assume that your point was not to defend batman lore but to enforce your own personal agenda.

Btw sorry dude but if we can reject her maybe the relationship wasnt that important in the begining.

1 Like

Hmmm, i read it and it didn’t felt homophobic. Actually some people had understandable points, aside from this, i only found jokes. (Yeah, some of them were pretty wrong, even though they didn’t seem to be bad-intentioned, so i can see your point)
Maybe i didn’t read it all, but the whole thread weren’t intended to be homophobic, but to allow people to express their opinion on why they disliked Iceman being suddenly revealed as gay, and i saw people showing good arguments. “Unnecessary change” and “Because this solely is done to stir up controversy” are pretty great examples. Granted, there are a lot of homophobics in the thread, but you should fault them for that, not the overall discussion.

And i see nothing wrong with a gay Batman, but in the comics it is hinted that he is attracted to Catwoman. Is it a problem that the main character you play is only portrayed as hetero? If so, you can always post a thread in Telltale forums complaining about the lack of choices regarding RO, no need to get in there and start calling people homophobic because they simply disagree with you.
Also, i’d rather play as an aro-ace Batman, it fits his character best. Even if it isn’t my preference.