Tally Ho Spoilers Discussion

how can you get the criminal ending?

Doing criminal acts the entire game and boosting skullduggery is a must. I don’t know if you have to be in a relationship with Haze, but I’ve only ever had the option when I’ve been in it. I thought that your skullduggery had to be over 70, but I just recently played a game and got it with 62.

Edit: as Gower pointed out, renown.

skullduggery > 60 and renown > 65.

The key is that you are becoming a notorious criminal.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to persuade the conductor to let you in the first class? I’ve managed to do it once so I was surprised that I wasn’t able to do it in my next few tries.

1 Like

Hello, is there a way of accessing the full code if I’ve bought the game? I’ve been playing around with it for two months now, and I still can’t find all of the endings.

1 Like

This thread may help you to see the game code.

What endings are you looking for? I would wager someone around here has a sense of how to reach some of the obscurer endings and can guide you.

Skullduggery needs to be higher than 45, or you’ll need both >25 Skullduggery and >45 Persuade (2nd choice) or >45 Soothing (3rd choice).

3 Likes

ooh… thank you for the advice :hugs:

Just for those who are on this thread but not on the Cakes and Ale Spoilers thread, I want you to see this amazing art from @Shyranno!

25 Likes

Ooh! Can we take these as more or less the “canon” appearances of the characters? I know, of course, that we’re free to imagine them however we want, but I kind of like to visualize characters as the author intended. Valentine, for example, wasn’t described in detail in the text so their image was sort of muddled in my imagination. So having a reference like this helps! (I’m sorry if I can’t say what I mean eloquently, English isn’t my first language :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

I won’t say Canon with a capital C, because I like to leave room for interpretation, but let’s say this is one way that Shyranno and I collaborated to imagine them. But if you like them, visualize away–I know I’ve been thinking about these characters looking a lot like these pictures ever since I saw them…

3 Likes

Jolly Good fans who got the Mysterious Benefactor ending:
tenor
Seriously though, pleeeaaase?

Thank you so very much! Guess it’s time to do a Frankincense route again. Or a Rory-Frankincense-MC route (given that I’ve finally figured out how to get the poly ending.)

Edit: Has someone managed to get Haze to get help? Their story is probably the closest that has come to making me feel “sad” in Tally Ho.

1 Like

It requires you to get their ending, >65 Tranquility, a relationship of >70 and choose to have Haze decided to work an honest job instead of the other two choices in the epilogue. I personally have never gotten it.

4 Likes

I did manage to get them help. If you want to boost their relationship then the Roman wall scene is a great place to have a high relationship boost with them

1 Like

Oops, that was the place where I told them to get over themselves and called them a scared little child, I think. :smiley: It’s so difficult to get Haze on the straight and narrow if I’m playing as a criminal, and it’s even more difficult to even like Haze (and vice versa) when I’m playing as a more soothing person!

Thank you so much! I normally always choose to have Haze be gainfully employed in an honest job (unless we become thieves together), but I think I falter on the stats. Maybe if I modded the file…hmmm… But that would take the fun out of the game.

Actually it’s not too difficult ( I say this since my MC is a soothing person ). All you have to do is be kind with them and show interest in them romantically. When you’re at the Roman wall scene try to be gentle with them. There’s a specific moment in the scene where Haze tells MC they’re probably going to be put into an asylum console them. ( I forgot the choices so it can be very vague + it’s been a long time since I had played Tally Ho! :sweat_smile:). At the end, hug them. By the end of the scene my Haze reaches 80-82)

1 Like

Oh man, the most I’ve got is 56%, I think! I know that my relationship with Haze takes a hit before I even board the train because I apologise to the couple whose engagement I ruined, and then it takes another hit when they suggest we sex each other up and I go “nooooo” even though I like them. They get even more mad at you if you refuse to hook up with them despite crushing on them. And then I’m like, ughhh bish you have BPD and I’m doing the RIGHT thing by establishing boundaries in this case and why the hell won’t you let me help you you complete idiot? And it’s a credit to Gower that he wrote the scene this way, and that he made the post-hookup scene so very awkward, but the whole business has me rolling my eyes at Haze every time we next meet.

Anyway long story short, my soothing MC does much better with Rory and/or Frankincense. And this is why Rory is my favourite, actually. It’s almost impossible to have a bad relationship with them. Ahhh, my sweet Rory. :heart:

2 Likes

For the engagement instead of apologizing why don’t you just yell at the conductor instead since if you do that you can at least pay for the lady’s clothes and mollify the couple. Also, when in the train let Haze sleep in you shoulder and greet them warmly. If you want help with Haze you can ask me :blush:

And, Rory. At first they seem pretty normal but after going through their route I can say that they have won me over. And, how about the Frankincense romance ? Is it fun ? What’s the overall feel for their route ? :thinking:

2 Likes

Despite playing through the game constantly there are still a few achievements I can’t seem to complete no matter what, and I’d appreciate any help I can get:
Alias Failure
Poor Fielding
Cat-Like Tread
In the Lair of Dr. X
The Talk
The Birds Choose You
The Miracle of Life
The Champion
The Pennywhistles Captured

I believe that to get this one, you have to miss the train in chapter 2. When Regina says she’ll call you “Dandelion”, say you’ll pick your own name instead, then keep giving her unsuitable aliases, such as her own code name or your real name or hers.

4 Likes