Tales of Aurora (WIP)

Quick look, looks fine to me. :slight_smile:

No entry for humans, though? It’s a chance to describe how plain humans are compared to other species. :wink: Or, you know, just a description similar to the others, just to recap humans place in the current society. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I thought about it, but I wasn’t sure if there would be too much of a point for one.

If you want me to add an entry on humans, I’d be more than happy to, though! :smile:

2 Likes

Why not, unless humans are deemed unworthy of such an honour. :wink:

I suppose it makes the codex more, hmm, what is the right word? ‘Legit’? ‘Complete’? ‘Strudel?’ :thinking: Ah, not sure - it is up to you. :blush:

1 Like

Update: Humans have been added in the codex entry! I also set up a new racial bonus for human characters, since being total “blank slates” seemed a little underpowered compared to the others.

On top of that, the first few pages of Chapter 1 have been added. However, I had to cut it off earlier than I expected in order to add the new human racial bonus, so I apologize if it isn’t really a satisfactory cutoff. I hope to add in a bit more by the end of the day.

5 Likes

A pretty good start! Looking forward to this expanding. A very very very small thing I would appreciate some example names though as I was unsure about what to call my alien. (Bob doesn’t seem to fit a huge armoured monster) Don’t go out of your way to fit that though if it is inconvenient.

1 Like

Example names for each species are in the codex. Check the stats screen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh cool. Forgot to look in that.

1 Like

Small update! The game has now been extended to the original cutoff point that I wanted, so there’s a few more pages now. Feel free to check them out whenever. :grinning:

9 Likes

Well, it’s been a while, hasn’t it?

Sorry for the silence for the past bit. It’s been testing season, so I haven’t had that much time to work on writing. But I do have an update for you guys!

The Hangar option has been written almost to completion, and two of the major characters have been introduced. (Once you meet them, I’m sure it’ll be obvious how much of this was inspired from Guardians. :sweat_smile:)

So feel free to read over it when you have the chance, and let me know what you think!

8 Likes

Hi, I just found this, I’m always interested in sci-fi stories, so keep it coming when you’re able. I was immediately drawn to my umbral character, even though i’m not much for hiding personally, i do prefer the dark :wink:

I’d like to suggest linking this forum thread directly on DashingDon (there’s an option for it).

1 Like

Is there? How can you set it up, if you don’t mind me asking? I didn’t notice an option like that anywhere.

On DashingDon, when i go to “edit game details” , i see a space for “Enter a Feedback URL for Your Game:” , i paste my CoG forum url and then it shows up as “discuss this game”, right above “make your own games” (works for bunnies!)

i notice most people don’t have this feature implemented, i wonder if it’s a version or browser issue?

gl :wink:

1 Like

Alright, thanks! I got it set up, and it seems to work fine.

Honestly, I can’t speak for other people, but I didn’t use that just because I didn’t know about it. Maybe it’s the same for other people?

Anywho, thanks for telling me about that! :grinning:

1 Like

Finished my first look at this. I’m not normally into the sci fi genre, but this is nice.

I don’t know why, but I really like the concept of the Kril best. Especially if I can turn mine into an ass-kicking one. Screw logic! I’m going to be a melee fighter!

1 Like

Well, you’re definitely going to have to work at it, and you’ll have to take a few failures in the game’s early stages…

But the image I just got of a Kril beating something like a Venandi in a fist-fight is so glorious that I will absolutely have to put it in the game somewhere.

Hello, everyone! I’ve been kicking around a few thoughts that I wanted to get out sooner rather than later, specifically about the alien species in the game. I’m going to be making a few polls on the topic, so feel free to answer whenever you have the chance!

Question 1: What do you think of the species that exist in the game?

• They’re all awesome!
  • Most are cool, but a few are lame.
  • A couple are alright, but most are lame.
  • They’re all kind of bad.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Question 2: Do you have a favorite/some favorite species so far?

• Humans. Duh.
  • Reno
  • Umbrals
  • Venandi
  • Sylvans
  • Kril
  • It’s still too early to say.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Question 3: Do you want more playable species added into the game?

• Yes, though I’m not sure what it would be.
  • Yes, and I even have some ideas! (Please list them below!)
  • No, the list is fine how it is.

0 voters

2 Likes

Alright, I’ve been keeping an eye on the polls. I’m gonna offer a brief response on the first two questions based on the majority answers, but the bulk of this message will be about the third question.

1: Thanks! I didn’t really know what to expect from this one, and I was definitely pleasantly surprised by the answers.

2: Really? I have to be honest, I though the Umbrals were one of the weaker species. I’m glad to be wrong, though!

Now, question three. Even if it wasn’t the majority vote, the votes were close enough that I’ll start looking into adding in more species. I’m going to spend a bit of time brainstorming for ideas, setting up codex entries, etc. If you have ideas of your own, do feel free to share!

Unfortunately, that means it’ll likely slow the next update. If I’m going to add in more species, I’d rather get it done now before I press forward anymore, so that there’ll be less stuff for me to me to retroactively add in. So, sorry about that, at least.

1 Like

Hey everyone! I have a small question that I’d like to pose before I finalize any plans for species additions.

What exactly is it that you’d be looking for in another species? You don’t necessarily have to have entire species ideas prepped, but what’s missing from the existing species that you might want to have added? A certain type of culture, or a certain type of feature(s), etc.

This is mostly just to help prevent me adding in a species or two that nobody has interest in. That would just be sad.

So, feel free to answer on your own time!

Edit: As a note, anything I add would have to be relatively humanoid. Two arms, to legs, etc. I want to be able to write general descriptions about what the PC’s doing without making three *if statements. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Well,i really like anthro animal character so i’m quite happy with both Reno and Vernandi…i guess i wanna see an aquatic alien with feature like a sting ray or a shark you can make them wear a special device covering their gills to breath and changing their bed with a water tank…

1 Like

After a while of kicking around some ideas and trying to figure out what might work and what wouldn’t, I’ve finally added in three more species into the game!

Their entries into the codex aren’t quite finished yet, but I’ll be working on that a bit more tonight, so I may be able to get those posted sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Feel free to try them out and let me know what you think, both concept-wise and game mechanics-wise!

6 Likes