Switch (WiP)

Yeah that’s the gist of her role right now but whether she’s “evil” or not is for you to decide.

Ohhh intriguing :slight_smile:

Well, she sounds hot. If you don’t mind, add a chance to romance her? ;3

Did you get the PM thing? I’m not really sure if I sent it or not.

I was under the impression that the main character was 13-ish as well, when it’s much easier to confuse the genders. I’m especially wondering how an 18 year old male’s voice could be mistaken for female. I suppose he could be one of the rare (1 in 900,000) young men with puberphonia.

@talon5505 she’s supposed to sound hot but she can not be romanced 'cause of plot reasons and the related to rule. Who you ask? I’m not telling~ :stuck_out_tongue:
@yomato yeah, I got it. There are a lot more than I expected, I’m sorry there’s so many :-S but thanks for your help.
@p_tigas there are plot twists that explain that and I don’t really want to reveal them right now. (I have hinted at them though, so you might be able to guess.) For now let’s just say MC is really good at changing their voice.
Almost all the characters have a secret or two, most of which will be hinted at a lot during chapter two but won’t be explained until chapter three. Chapter two is mostly trying to solve who’s trying to kill you today (Yay~ In Soviet Russia murder solves you~)
It’s really frustrating having a spoiler that explains everything but you can’t say it 'cause it’s a spoiler :-((
Oh! I’m also thinking of adding a day/cycle stat to the stat screen. Do you guys think you’ll need it? The day number will be at the beginning of the day but some days are longer than others and the cycles are just one less than the chapter. I wanted to have a calendar but I have no idea how to code something like that so…

So is there another update cause I want my Airel

@Katgirl64 You can put images in somehow, maybe just draw up a calendar. You could also use string variable that changes each day.

And don’t worry about the spelling errors, they’re easily fixable. You’ve even got the internets to help you.

Oh, if you choose “power” as your reward for going along with the scheme, were you thinking political power like “Oh they’ll arrange things for you to get to be a baronet,” or like “Instruction on how to use the innate magical power the MC has?”

Perhaps you should allow for both options.

can the blacksmith summon flames or does the flame already have to be there for you to control it?

@blackheart oh that’s right I’m supposed to do those, arn’t I? Jk, I’ve been working on it, yesterday I tried to be productive but ended up drawing silly doodles (magic girl parodies, cazy stalkers, and master-servant relations oh my!) and writing cryptic fortunes so yeah…good news is that I was productive today and I’m planning to update when I’m done with day two.
@yamato one of the problems with that is I want it to update when you make plans “Hunting trip today!”
@stsword political. Remember that the MC doesn’t want people to know they have powers so they wouldn’t say “teach me magic!” “wait…you have powers?”
@god_of_demonz right now they can only slightly control fire (more like they can make a suggestion and the fire can choose to listen to it or burn everything you hold dear to the ground *shrug* they’re moody like that) but you’re powers may get strong later on :wink:

I presumed that despite some justifiable fear of magic users that there are actual out of the closet wizards running around, or open secret magic users.

And I figured untrained magic talents would be dangerous. What if the blacksmith’s child accidentally burns down a house or sets someone on fire? What if the tavern owner’s kid screws someone’s head up for life?

Besides, what can they do if they find out?  If you go down they go down to, and unless the threats of death were exaggerations, it's not like the king can execute you twice, now is it?  :)

@stsword Most magic users don’t claim to be wizards or even human. It’s not unheard of for a purebred human magic user to exist. Generally when a baby with magic is born to human parents usually that means either a) someone isn’t who they say they are or b) someone cheated. So it’s generally shameful to have/be a human magic user.

Believe or not, there are very few untrained magic users just like there are very few untrained walkers. Magic is just something they do, they learn how to use and control it (generally by watching their parents) at a very young age. The reason why the MC kinda sucks at magic is mainly because of *spoilers*spoilers*spoilers*spoilers*spoilers*. Basicly, the MC doesnt know how to properly distribute their magic. So they could burn down a building but since they can only use fires that are already there they’d just be speeding up the process and screwing with people’s heads is kinda why the MC’s there. ;:wink:

There are fates worse than death you know. Prometheus’ punishment or Yakomaru’s punishment in From the New World are just two examples. Plus very bad things would happen if they found out you could use magic. Lyell/Leala’s family hates the main magic using race in the kingdom 'cause the magic users hate the royal family.

@Katgirl64 I’m a tad confused. Magic Users are a different race? And this race can breed with humans? so all magic users are either non-human, or some sort of hybrid mix? Or just most of them?

Its Really good i don’t get hooked on to meany of these games, at first i dident like the idea of being switched around but in the end it was really good i hope you not ending it there that would suck, and even if it doesn’t go through you should keep going on it because a lot of people read alot of the WIP’s , unless you do it for monny then go throu and try and make it more descriptive with more detail, actually ether way do that.
but what am i talking about i haven’t written eney of these. thx

@p_tigras sorry I over complicated it didn’t I? :-< There are a lot of cultural details that I’m having a hard time including in the story, or explaining without spoilers. But to answer you questions:

1. yes most magic users are not human (95% or so). I’m not saying that the MC can’t possibly be one of the few pure human magic users though. :wink:
  2. there are several different races that can use magic, some of them can’t breed with humans others can. The many magic using race can breed with humans (along with what ever else they want.)
    @grimreaper0144 thanks, I’m glad you gave it a second look :slight_smile: I’m only in it because I feel like it and being more descriptive is usually one of top criticisms of most of my work.
    Just got to finish Airel’s runaway scene and day 2 will be finish~

Good news everybody! I’ve finished day 2 and have started writing day 3. Bad news, I’m going on a camping trip this weekend so I won’t have access to my laptop to code anything. I’ll update late Sunday or after noon on Monday.

@P_Tigras - I think what Kat meant was that the magic users was of different ethnics.

I was thinking the same as @grimreaper0144 at first as well, but so glad that I tried it out any way, I loved it. :smiley:

@Katgirl64 “good news everybody” sooo doesn’t make me think of Futurama or anything