Switch (WiP)

Oh I was picturing the characters younger, you know, at the point where it’s easier to have difficulties telling genders apart.

So I guess we know that the characters are pretty skinny then.  lol

@stsword well none of the characters are particularly…voluptuous and MC just “happen” to look extremely similar to the prince/ss, like twin similar.
That reminds me that I should probably discribe their body more.

Mentioning their ages in the story would also help clarify a lot. I was figuring them somewhere around 13-ish.

cool story bro

…No, seriously, I enjoyed it. Although I spotted some more spelling errors, if you want I can go look through and write them all down. Aside from that, I enjoyed the first chapter, it had a nice sense of humor and introduced some fun characters. A couple of questions:

I believe you’ve already said Airel is a possible romance, does it matter what gender you pick for them? Can you do a same-sex and an opposite-sex? Or just one?

Near the end of the chapter, you’re offered a reward for playing along. Will there be any special uses for that later in the story?

I had a four hour test today so I’m tuckered out (:expressionless:
@eriedanna I’ll add it in, like say how many years have passed from when you met Airel or something.
@Yamato ;)) The first thing I thought of when I saw your username was Space Battleship Yamato but I digress. Thanks~, and dang it some of them excaped the Great Spellcheck?! Nope, doesn’t matter if he’s a boy, if you’re a boy, if she’s a girl, or if you’re a girl. Celosia is pretty okay with almost any kind of relationship since their culture is heavily influence by a race (that I don’t want to name yet) who’s fancies can change at the drop of a hat. I’m still trying to decide what to do with the reward. So far it’s main use right now is the carrot on Airel’s stick so they go along with things. (“I’m kinda royalty right now so I could put some strings and make you a knight but if you don’t want to help…”) I might also use it for a stat of how much you want power, or to go back home.

Uchuu~…Senkan~…Yaaa~maaa~tooo!

Good to hear on both of those, I was worried I’d get locked out of a romance like that because it happened to my Bounty Hunter in SW:TOR. And using the reward to bribe Airel sounds fun, hehe…

So, I’ve got a notepad file with some typos, do you want me to PM 'em or email them or what?

I WANT A PONY

@yamato um PM them I guess. You can romance anyone who isn’t related to a RO. I have a feeling you guys might complain about that when Lyell/Leala’s siblings are introduced though.

@ninjasplaycardgames2 *spoiler alert* the pony is one of the hardest things to get in the game…well keep for more that five seconds…you blink and this thing is dead when you open you eyes. It’s default name is Timmy so I can say “we’re gonna need another Timmy~”
The MC is kinda inspired by the Manger in Star Project. You have one/two option that seem(s) normal and one option that seems totally insane but you’re really tempted to pick it just to see what happens or three insane options and you try to decide which one won’t lead to you blowing up the world. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Katgirl64 Uh, why exactly does that weird lady put you to sleep? I don’t get it. :-?

Well, Kitty, I figure she’s either an evil enchantress or like a faerie godmother, or perhaps an evil enchantress faerie godmother.

Being weird and secretive is part of her day job.

Yeah that’s the gist of her role right now but whether she’s “evil” or not is for you to decide.

Ohhh intriguing :slight_smile:

Well, she sounds hot. If you don’t mind, add a chance to romance her? ;3

Did you get the PM thing? I’m not really sure if I sent it or not.

I was under the impression that the main character was 13-ish as well, when it’s much easier to confuse the genders. I’m especially wondering how an 18 year old male’s voice could be mistaken for female. I suppose he could be one of the rare (1 in 900,000) young men with puberphonia.

@talon5505 she’s supposed to sound hot but she can not be romanced 'cause of plot reasons and the related to rule. Who you ask? I’m not telling~ :stuck_out_tongue:
@yomato yeah, I got it. There are a lot more than I expected, I’m sorry there’s so many :-S but thanks for your help.
@p_tigas there are plot twists that explain that and I don’t really want to reveal them right now. (I have hinted at them though, so you might be able to guess.) For now let’s just say MC is really good at changing their voice.
Almost all the characters have a secret or two, most of which will be hinted at a lot during chapter two but won’t be explained until chapter three. Chapter two is mostly trying to solve who’s trying to kill you today (Yay~ In Soviet Russia murder solves you~)
It’s really frustrating having a spoiler that explains everything but you can’t say it 'cause it’s a spoiler :-((
Oh! I’m also thinking of adding a day/cycle stat to the stat screen. Do you guys think you’ll need it? The day number will be at the beginning of the day but some days are longer than others and the cycles are just one less than the chapter. I wanted to have a calendar but I have no idea how to code something like that so…

So is there another update cause I want my Airel

@Katgirl64 You can put images in somehow, maybe just draw up a calendar. You could also use string variable that changes each day.

And don’t worry about the spelling errors, they’re easily fixable. You’ve even got the internets to help you.

Oh, if you choose “power” as your reward for going along with the scheme, were you thinking political power like “Oh they’ll arrange things for you to get to be a baronet,” or like “Instruction on how to use the innate magical power the MC has?”

Perhaps you should allow for both options.

can the blacksmith summon flames or does the flame already have to be there for you to control it?