Swish - A Basketball Story (Update 25Feb2018) First romance options!

This sounds very interesting! I can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

@Ant_Merf Once I get stats working imngonna write a prologue to test the game/stats out.

Here is a example of the current stats! There is three levels that one can achieve! Tell me if you like the route I went, or if you think I should add more.

Shooting Level: Hey it went in!
Threes Level: 2 +1 = Trey!
Dunks Level: Reaching that rim!
Dribbling Level: Look mom both hands!
Passing Level: Bounce pass!
Offense Level: Team Captain!
Rebounding Level: Box out!
Defense Level: Man-On-Man!
Blocks Level: Not in my house!
Steals Level: Swiper no swiping!!
Speed Level: Speedy Gonzales!
Strength Level: I work out!
Stamina Level: 1 more mile!
Social Level: Homebody!
Academics: I swear my dog ate it!
Fame level: Hometown Hero!

6 Likes

I was wondering if we are able to pick a position we can play, like point guard or center? Sorry if this has been answered before.
Also, with good passing stats, will we be able to alley oop a pass to someone else to dunk it in?

1 Like

@MichaelCrank Yes you will most certainly be able to choose your position. Im trying to decide how much variation to allow by this choice atm. Since being a Point Guard is so different then, a Center, or Power Forward it would affect the overall story. This choice will highly effect your stats during the prologue!

With each skill comes a variety of options to choose from. Your example is spot on for passing! Another example would be if you have a high dunk stat you can be the one receiving the alley oop!

2 Likes

You could add games that take place in your earliest years for how your skills form, like if you prefer ball handling for shooting

2 Likes

That makes alot of sense of what you’re trying to do with the stats. But seeing how a power forward and a center are similar, maybe they could have a similar path in the story with some key differences like say height, their ability to defend the post and rebounding. Of course, there’s some different types of players like pass first, shooter or all around player like Russell Westbrook. I’m sure you will give us the option to pick a number to wear as well. Anyways, best of luck with this story! It seems to have alot of potential here.

1 Like

I suggest that you could use SLAMMED! as an idea to achieve progression in the story, it is the only finished choice script sports sim that I know

1 Like

@Ernest_Choi That is one of the options you will have. I’m currently writing it now but the prologue includes a bunch of time skips. During these multiple events will take place letting you crave a path to your desired stats. After the prologue you will have a character with a defined playing position and starting attributes, allowing you quick choices during your school games!

I haven’t had the pleasure to read SLAMMED! as of yet, but I have heard nothing but great things about it. That will probably be a stop in my research and learning curve adjustment. I want to give the reader a great progression system.

@MichaelCrank Very fair points. I’m on the edge about height as of now due to such a massive effort of stat and variable coding already, but it is my desire to make that an option. Just hoping I can balance the coding with the writing.

Actually forgot all about jersey choice! This a great addition to add so thank you for the input.

2 Likes

Quick Question do you think we will be able to form super teams and convince other stars to join our team like golden state does

2 Likes

Don’t forget any team with LeBron James either cough cough

2 Likes

@Dloading Well as of now the first game followa just your high school life. Im not set on multi-part game series as of yet, I may still go all the way to pro level. I do plan on doing a team building part with a AAU team though.

@MichaelCrank After reading a thread I’m going to create my own namea for players, teams, and the league. just to protect myself and my story.

2 Likes

That was a joke towards Dloading’s’ comment but yeah that would be smart to do that

Yes i have been waiting for a sports game on here and Im glad someone is making it can’t wait to see the ending product

@majinmike It will be a a long project, but ill happily update as often as possible to keep everyone in the knowd

@MichaelCrank Whoops righr over my head lol

:joy:LeBron can do it all , he’s coach and GM :joy:

1 Like

AI all the way for me! When no test the game myself ill prob make a AI character. Speaking of coach’s I might have some alt ending that leads to being a coach.

2 Likes

Sounds like Slammed with basketball…which sounds pretty cool. I’ll bite though I’m a bit curious about the coed part but out of curiosity, why not just gender flip everyone instead of making it coed?

2 Likes

Gender flipping is fine, but I think making the teams co-ed may attract more fans. Yeah it’s not Real Life, but who else disliked the locked established gender roles In Pendragon Rising & Choice of Broadsides? [raises hand]

2 Likes

In my opinion I hope he sticks to all female or male teams for realism

2 Likes