Sordwin by Thom Baylay

I can never seem to get him as a companion. I hope we can fight him in a later game. Always wanted to kill that dude

3 Likes

There are two threads discussing Sordwin (one is WIP and one is the release thread) so probably someone can merge this one with either one?

5 Likes

Yeah that makes sense

2 Likes

I think the WIP should be closed with a link to this page…

2 Likes

Regarding the second blurred part of your post, no, it’s not possible.

2 Likes

I hadn’t played Evertree Inn previously, but the sequel got me curious, so I decided to give them both a try. Very good decision! The way the mysteries are pieced together is perfect, the difficulty level just right - I felt challenged without getting frustrated, and had the freedom to play different personality types and still succeed at the end. I can’t imagine how hard it was to get all that variety coded and balanced.

Both Lamuel and Dandy were a delight to romance. Normally I’m the type to pick one RO and stick with them, but I couldn’t say which of the two I liked more, and their development through Sordwin was A+. I can’t wait to see where things go for them in the third game - and to see what the next encounter with Winter brings, too. What a ruthless bastard. Let’s fall in love and cause absolute chaos together.

12 Likes

Umm not sure if this is the wrong place to post this or not but I decided to replay through Evertree Inn to prepare for Sordwin however when I finished the game there is no option to Save my play through. I have checked and there’s no new update available.

2 Likes

@Cujo Try contacting the support team. Or maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the app if you haven’t already done so

3 Likes

New Hosted Games rule doesn’t allow us to save progress until it is confirmed there will be sequel on the way.

2 Likes

Thanks! I deleted and reinstalled the app and that fixed it . Probably should have tried that first lol

3 Likes

I’ve been playing Text RPG for as long as I remember and I LOVE this saga! Finished both games a few days ago and I’ve promoting it a lot, and will certainly feature it in my podcast! The three dimensional characters are especially superbly written, and Sordwin is a huge step up.

Romancing Dandy was interesting though, while playing I thought his persona had changed completely in the 2nd game, to be honest I was more worried about where things will go with him more than the island itself, but thinking about it now, I’m inclined to think that he does all those stuff because he fears he has real feelings for us? I was a bit paranoid throughout the game ready to believe he was cheating on us, I’m still unsure, he’s very complex and I wonder what everyone thinks about him lol.

9 Likes

damn people now im very intrigued to try D’s route

2 Likes

@Firat_Aytac Please let me know the name of your podcast. I’d love to give it a listen!

And I’m very glad that everyone is finding the characters to be three dimensional and interesting. One of my biggest goals with Sordwin was to make sure that the carried over characters from Evertree weren’t just background/flavour text and to give them all their own branching character arc. Seeing everyone discussing the various depths of D, L and Gunther makes me very happy :slight_smile: I shall endeavour to make sure the same is true for the next book!

9 Likes

Hi. So is there any content in this book relates to the previous one? I went through the WIP once and didn’t find any. Don’t know if there s any scene added.

2 Likes

You could play as the same character you played in Evertree Inn and bring your companion as well. You’ll get to see character development in them, which is nice.

6 Likes

Hello all,

I have a favour to ask! It’s actually the same favour I asked when I was writing Sordwin so to anyone who would like to help me with Book 3, here is your chance :slight_smile:

It would be super helpful if I could get screenshots/descriptions of your MCs, as they are at the end of Sordwin. This is so that I can create a bunch of test characters to run through Chapter 1 of book 3 and make sure it’s working.
Most importantly I’m looking for final stats (abilities, gold, weapons, relationships) and backstory (including the Sordwin ending you got and, if it was an Evertree carry over, the details of Evertree as well).

It’s quite a lot to put in a forum post so please feel free to send them to me as a private message or as an email to evertreeinn [at] gmail [dot] com. If you do put stuff in this thread, remember to use spoiler blur :wink:

Thank you in advance! And thank you in general to everyone who has been supporting, reviewing, sharing and tweeting about my series :smiley: It means the Worlds to me!

T x

20 Likes

Oh look, a very good excuse to repay Sordwin for the millionth time!

4 Likes

Sordwin has become one of my fav IF; I’ll definitely send you the email (once I’m done replaying it for gazillion times).

3 Likes

One of the best things about Sordwin is the depth of the characters. The MC/LI paths feel realistic and the overall experience is I’m not sure how to say it… highly immersive? It’s a wonderful thing.

5 Likes

Can anybody guide me on how to get the achievement Every Night in My Dreams? I’ve been trying various ways playing chapter one but still couldn’t get that. Please put in spoiler tag if you know. Thanks.

2 Likes