Lux: City of Lies - Book 4 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

You wander through the streets of Lux, light rain falling from a black sky. The sun has set, and the businesses that kept their doors closed during festival hours have opened to welcome speculation and discussion of the day’s events. The deaths will be on the tongue of every patron at every tavern, though they speak in hushed voices. The ominous presence of Imperion’s soldiers casts a darker shadow than the night.

Movement at the end of the street draws you to the icy glare of an elf in unusual robes of midnight black.

“You need to solve this one,” the elf says. “You need to figure it out.”

It’s time to uncover the truth. In a race against time, you can’t do everything, so your choices will matter more than ever. Join forces with a friend or trust no-one and go it alone; plan your days and fight to keep those plans from getting derailed; wield weapons, wit and magic to keep your head above the water in a city that seeks to drag you under!

What you can expect:

• Play as male, female or non-binary.
  • Play as gay, straight, bisexual or asexual.
  • Continue the adventure started in Lux, City of Secrets.
  • Test your skills against multiple mysteries with a multitude of characters and creatures.
  • Manage your reputations with various factions and build a name for yourself to unlock new opportunities.
  • Pursue romance, collect clues, or focus on your career. And don’t forget to pay your rent!
  • Plan each day with complete freedom as the city offers up fresh challenges. More than ever, the mysteries you ignore matter as much as the ones you explore.
  • Content warning - Mild fantasy violence/mild sexual content/infrequent alcohol and drug references

Play the DEMO here: https://bit.ly/38KMSMx
Support the series: https://ko-fi.com/evertreesaga

Current Status: In Development
Release Date: TBD

Watch this space for further announcements. In the meantime, please do check out the other titles in the series here, here and here!

Credit: Thanks as always to the amazing @selpuku for the artwork.

275 Likes

omg i’m so excited i can’t wait to see orion again and solve this mystery!!!

21 Likes

Okay, DEMO IS LIVE!
I’ve played through it so many times but there will always be errors and glitches. If you do find any that you wish to report, particularly if the game crashes, please send them to me in a DM or via email to evertreeinn [at] gmail [dot] com.

The demo features a number of premade characters as well as a quick creator. This will allow you to approximate a character from the previous games but is not designed to create exact replicas. That will have to wait for the full release.

I really hope you enjoy exploring this new content for the saga. The finished version is still a long way off (I will likely never be this ambitious again with a project!) but I hope there’s enough in the demo to keep you busy for a while!

Thank you to all the supporters of the series and thank you for your patience. :slight_smile:

P.S. Not every RO appears in the demo. Sorry. Plot reasons :confounded: But I do promise lots of content for all the ROs in the final game!!!

69 Likes

That’s all I needed to know, thank you :grin:

18 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:thank you!

0024hkeagy1gvixcsjgeaj60by09b0td02

11 Likes

You mean I can finally break down a loveable but dense Orc’s defensive barrier enough to smooch? That’s all I need hehe. No but really I’ve loved how you crafted every one of these books and I’m looking forward to it’s epic conclusion

14 Likes

MASSIVELY excited for this, I’ll be checking back on this post for the rest of the day now!

3 Likes

I had to physically stop myself from screeching! Very excited!

4 Likes

Not that I’m excited at all. Ahem.

11 Likes

Will you still change or edit Sordwin or City of Secrets? I don’t know exactly how this site works but you can comment anytime on Evertree Inn thread but Sordwin has closed and would CoS close too after not having new comments? Does the ‘Works-in-progress’ tag limit the replies in a thread? Is so, will you consider changing it or do you still plan on making changes to the previous games?

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, I’m so so so excited for this! I can’t wait until I can actually throw myself into the demo and continue the story!

Orion my love, here I come! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

At long last…So excited to dive in!

1 Like

Oh damn, we’re at Book 4 already? I’ve got to dust off my old saves for Book 2 and get caught up.

I’ve changed the tags on the others. Not sure why some stay open and others close. Afraid I can’t really answer questions about the way the forum works :S

I don’t change previous games if I can help it, however I do occasionally update them to fix glitches or balance aspects that weren’t caught in testing.

4 Likes

Do you plan on having the story reach to the capital of the Empire?

3 Likes

That would be fun. The little we’ve heard about the Emperor was… quite interesting.

2 Likes

Already blasted through one playthrough and I’m thoroughly tantalized. Can’t wait for the full game!

1 Like

download (22)

14 Likes

Ran into my first bug. When you run into Cal on the way home from investigating the Dupree house, it plays the “what are you doing here” dialog until you’ve selected every option, and then errors out.

2 Likes

Can’t remember anything it’s been so long since I played the third game…Looks like I have to play the third game again to jog my memory…Will play after that…And why isnt there a half elf option here?..If I remember correctly I chose the half elf race in the first game…Please elaborate if you can

1 Like