New Hosted Game! "Sordwin: The Evertree Saga" by Thom Baylay

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Set sail for adventure and mystery on the island of Sordwin. Explore the town in secret or in style, meet and mingle with the island’s residents, wield weapons and magic and uncover clues before darkness falls! It’s 40% off until March 14th!

Sordwin: The Evertree Saga is an immersive 440,000 word interactive experience by Thom Baylay, and the second book in the Evertree Saga. It’s entirely text-based–without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast unstoppable power of your imagination.

A simple request from a wealthy lord is about to get a lot more complicated when you find yourself sailing for an island under quarantine. Will you try to help the terrified townsfolk, or is completing the mission your highest priority? Enter an open world, where the choices you ignore matter as much as the ones you explore and where every interaction has a reaction.

• Play as male, female or non-binary; gay, straight, bisexual or asexual.
• Continue the story started in Evertree Inn or play as a brand new adventurer.
• Make enemies and friends; continue a growing love story or find new romance with all new characters.
• Boldly confront the townsfolk or lurk in the shadows as you uncover clues.
• Battle with any weapon you can imagine or unleash an impressive arsenal of spells.
• Overcome obstacles with multiple different skills.
• Customise your character’s appearance and personality.
• Drink with pirates in the tavern, test your faith at the temple, explore the abandoned observatory and much more.

Find out if you have what it takes to survive on Sordwin!

Thom Baylay developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

46 Likes

Ahhhhhh!!! Its finally here!!

2 Likes

Wow it is already out?! congratulations

4 Likes

I’ve bought it as soon as I could but haven’t got the time to play it yet :fist::pensive:

1 Like

Bought however I have discovered that silly me never saved anything for the first game so I have to replay. The intro is the most confusing convoluted thing ever. Sincerely if I hadn’t play the first one and know the big quality of the author I have never ever bought it is INCREDIBLY confusing and destroy any kind of hype. Where what who is my companion who fuck nows… The way is written don’t cheer to trying to keep reading.

Still I trust the quality i liked first one so i know it will get better. But lol terrible first impression

3 Likes

It’s weird. I clearly remember playing the heck out of Evertree, but I don’t remember there being a save system at the end. Was it patched in later? :thinking:

That aside congrats on release! I’ll definitely try out.

4 Likes

Yay! It finally here!!

9 Likes

Ahem. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
giphy%20(6)

7 Likes

It was patched later on. I believe you have to update your app.

2 Likes

Wooow amazing! :heart_eyes:,I am sooooo happy :")

1 Like

Yes… Yes… YEEEEESSSSSSS!

1 Like

Ok, I’ll just address the big elephant in the room.

What the h*** is that class system at the beginning? I’ve spent hours on the first game trying to balance my character to make him as versatile as possible and the second game immediately forces down maluses on him?

4 Likes

You mean the differentiation of stats from previous game in two different ones? The game divides your stats from previous save in its sub-stats equally and the stat gain is easy and stat checks are forgiving early on to let the character get it high enough but later on it gets difficult if you focus on balancing more than two stats (at least for me).

5 Likes

What a way to destroy a wonderful game at first was… I loved role-playing first game in fact i just replay twice to create two save files and it was such a blast and funny.
Starting second this is METAGAMING FEST forget anything resembling role playing character behaviour is totally out of character and some weird meta states that have destroyed absolutely all my idea now i am closed defined personality by author . I ended first chapter and I am tented as hell to close this and never open it again.

2 Likes

What a great story! Was a lot harder to become a super sleuth this time around and sadly did not succeed. At the start I was nervous and felt like I was always missing something but when I decided to ignore getting achievements and just injoy the story I had a blast! At the end I whould mess up lots of the fights due to my brownie shaman build being a little weak but it felt like the failures was a part of my mild mannered brownies adventure. I also loved the romantic tension choosing between the stable girl and the bad ass elf. I kind of wish you chould choose one but still have unresolved feelings for the other but eh, whatever. Whould not mind a scene in the next game where I think back to the death cultist elf an wonder If I made the right choice. I just love how you can dipict as a silly crush with lots of stupid sexy Flanders moments. The monsters were fantastically original and eldritch. I just love the tone shift from monkey island to amnesia the dark decent. I though the changeling was just going to be another romantic interest but became a fantastic villian. Whould not mind a guide to at least know how I missed the 50 point achievements like resolve the feud. Glad I was right about who stole the box and who was responsible for everything. I really should ignore checking out the achievements so I don’t feel like I need to have a perfect run. Hope we get more romantic tension with the elf. My brownie felt like the stablegirl had left everything behind just for him and even though he really like the elf he felt guilty breaking the stable hands heart. Looking forward to more Romaric angst!

3 Likes

Grabbed it, have already done my first run, it’s definitely an improvement over the first one in every way in my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:. Can’t wait for the next one @ThomB!

2 Likes

I think I’ve run into a few bugs concerning companions. One imported playthrough included Wen, but despite confirming that she was to accompany the MC, no mention was made of her after leaving the boat. In a similar vein, Ruby wasn’t confirmed to leave the ship, but she speaks in a scene with the healer.

Finally, for one I’m not sure is a bug: in the previous game, Daisy wasn’t ever an official RO (for one of my imported characters), but she’s treated like one for that character in the narrative of Sordwin — though, the stats don’t list her as one.

Edit:
I’ve replayed the game again and discovered the part with Ruby was carelessness on my part — I missed the explanation.

2 Likes

While I wouldn’t put it so harshly I must say I’m not too fond of the new stat system either so far. Well the fact that instead of 4 skill stats for the MC we have now twice as many… But I like how we can turn the numerical stats into text like in Tin Star.

3 Likes

The story itself is amazing written and really engaging. The stats metagaming fest is spoiling a really good game same the new opposite pair determined vs compassionate. In role-playing I acting in character so half time i am ruthless in text have time are not. When before that stat are just my character selfish. That stat is broken as hell. ASSUME to much. So if i am FAKING being polite to obtaining info that’s not track as game always thinking each choice is sincere there is not lie except few few exceptions. so determination is become jerk stat.

Then literally break my ambitions from first time and turn Glandwen mi mage in a ministrel WHEN I HAVE NOT THE STATS. i don’t want be a ministrel. I choose in first game go to academy and what it looked like become DAVID COPPERFIELD THE MAGE not JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. the game became a fighting against stats to discovering what in hell is what due no clue and with that impossible role-playing consistently. I finally ended spamming magic due was the only stat clear.

2 Likes

Yes she was. Dandy/Daisy will come with you at the end of Evertree if you romance them and they like you alot.

5 Likes