New Hosted Game! "Sordwin: The Evertree Saga" by Thom Baylay

Loving it. Though this being the second part of a trilogy, shouldn’t we be able to save our endgames?

1 Like

if im remembering correct they dont put the ability to save before the next game has some stuff set in stone. so that they know what exactly the save is supposed to save like is this character gonna be in the next game do we need to take the relationship stats from the last game and such.

1 Like

I was talking about for that particular character I imported.

Edit:
Going back, I did use fairly ambiguous wording — it should be more clear now. Thanks!

Like I said, I’m not 100% that one is a big anyway. That character had a decent percentage with Daisy, but nothing in the ending of Evertree indicated that the game considered her that character’s RO. Nor did I select any options that displayed any interest in a relationship for that character during the first game that I can remember. But it’s possible the affection percentage alone was enough for her to be counted as a companion for the Sordwin.

1 Like

I replayed yesterday so is fresh. I ended with Daisy and all the achievements for romance pop up And the ending with a romance so she he counts as a romance and always did for what i remember for Dandy

1 Like

The entirety of Evertree you can flirt and sleep with Dandy and get an achievement called “Love Conquers All” when Dandy or Leah comes with you.

You probably had a bug, because the only way Dandy or Leah come with you is if you are romancing them. The orc guys is the only one who will come as a friend.

5 Likes

So, um… who stole the package?

3 Likes

I know. Again, I was talking about a particular playthrough with a character who I don’t think romanced Daisy.

My “main” playthrough has an MC who romanced Daisy, and I had another character who romanced Leah. I’ve played through both of those characters in Sordwin and a few more I loaded from Evertree save files. So I know they can be romanced in Evertree. I just didn’t think that one character did romance them.

It was just that one playthrough where I noticed that particular bug.

Whichever companion you brought along from Evertree (Daisy/Dandy, Lamuel/Leah, Gunther), or if you didn’t bring one, Ruby.

2 Likes

I would highly recommend to send a report through game’s support channel (email) . It is a possible bug that we cannot look into aside from CoG and the author.

3 Likes

Sure thing.

I was kind of feeling around to see whether it was a bug or just a misread when I put up the initial post (kind of like my mistake with the one I mentioned with Ruby).

I’ll have to replay that one Evertree playthrough and see if I can replicate that Daisy/Dandy bug with another import before I report anything, though. I don’t want the staff chasing ghosts just because I misunderstood something.

I’m pretty sure the Wen thing I encountered was a bug though — maybe an old file. Because I haven’t seen anything about her being a companion in either this or the other Sordwin thread.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your responses and support. I hope you’ve enjoyed the first sequel to Evertree!

@poison_mara - I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the shift in stats and felt that they inhibited your ability to roleplay. Finding a balance between narrative and gameplay is always a challenge when writing IF. I shall bear your feedback in mind as I work on Book 3. :slight_smile:

@Graham_Whittington-H Thank you! :smiley: I was definitely going for a more challenging adventure with Sordwin. How your hero deals with failure is as important as how they succeed! And that applies to the romance as well :wink: I have plenty of plans for continued romantic angst in book 3!

@Bored4Eternity Thank you for highlighting this. It sounds like a glitch in the character import (as with Wen which is definitely not meant to be possible!) I’ll investigate with HG and hopefully it won’t happen again :slight_smile:

@The_Senate You’re absolutely right so thank you for explaining to everyone. The save function will only be added once the next book is confirmed and near completion :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Your game need a lie check due I role play SUBTLETY evil . I don’t go pushing kitties I go faking being considerate and then steal and let people to fending themselves. Your game is in flavour text very focused in ssay how worried I am about people … Meanwhile my character has stolen all place. And the ministrel is lol i almost die in anger. I choose being a girl dreaming to be a mage with zero charisma and bad voice Suddenly what my character believed is I will Be a Magician like Hudini and gain money and steal blind people . turn Glandwen in a Pop star bard. So my stats get switched totally from a Mage and Deduction with zero guille To a mage with tons of guille and zero deduction. So any role-playing could go out due consistent is below zero. Plot is great story is thrilling and atmospheric factor.

But … I have no idea my character traits are anymore choices are arcane to what hell stat is based on. Double stat has no absolute sense to me and make me look choices like it were on chinese.

Then flavour choice assume I care that i want save people when i only care the box and i directly decided not save them I prefer looting.

if there werent the stats i will give this a 8 with stats and the lack of replay value for me makes this a 4 I hope there were a way to choice and stats were clearer

2 Likes

NoooOOoOoooOOOooooOoo!!!

I went to buy it just to realised I haven’t update my payment method and I caaaaaant.

Now I have to wait to finish work before I can update it :sob:

3 Likes

Thanks for making such a well-written, rich world for us to explore!

This was an excellent follow up to to your Evertree Inn and the foundation you built with that first entry to the saga. Evertree has a unique way of defining a character’s story by making the player work (and then feel a sense of achievement through) uncovering not just mysteries but also facets of the characters and setting itself around the protagonist.

Seeing this signature mechanic expand from the small scope of a roadside inn to an entire city really made me, the reader/player, feel this expansive shift. The fact that this feeling and depth of exploration can be maintained across multiple playthrough is something I think is particularly special; there’s so much to discover or do for characters of all motivations.

I also enjoyed the characterization to be found in Sordwin. Not only does the reader get to enjoy dynamic the characters within the city, but they also have their companions, who undergo impressive development and stories of their own. It was nice to have characters with such engaging arcs who have their own personal struggles and agendas, rather than being extensions of the player character.

I look forward to seeing more of the protagonist’s story and world in future installments of the saga!

5 Likes

Done with my first run and I really enjoyed it…massive and immersive! I really like the mixture of mystery, romance and adventure. I’ve found few bugs and spelling errors but it’s only a minor thing…overall two thumbs up! Keep it coming Thom…next adventure please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know the eyepiece combo

1 Like
spoiler

30-16-69, since it’s been 60 years

4 Likes

Haha.loved this book its great.
Hope the next book would be to.

1 Like

Wow… Just pure gold. Loved it, I was a little worried because Evertree was one of my favourites. But you did a beautiful job, I dare say this one is even better.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Uh… Am I the only one who gets confused by the two threads for the same game thing? Like I’d look for a post, but I don’t find it bc it’s been posted on the other thread etc.

1 Like

This one was posted by @RETowers as all the new games get a new thread when they come out. Other one was by the author, maybe a mod should merge them?

1 Like