New Hosted Game! "Sordwin: The Evertree Saga" by Thom Baylay

No as has always been that way. The author one has the creator part and wip. I see this as a place to know about bugs report bugs and give my opinion as FINISHED PRODUCT i have bought no want read about stuff of in process of beta. Game is out

1 Like

Has anyone got a single stat to 90 and if so how?

1 Like

I personally haven’t been able to. My highest was 75, but maybe it’s possible if you

1. invest all your points in a single stat

2.pick clothes (and maybe items) that give you stat boosts

1. Pick a background that gives you a boost
1 Like

Does anybody know how to get The heart of a half orc achievement?

1 Like

I would really love to know how as well

1 Like

Would love to know this as well.

1 Like
Summary

I believe you need to have a high relationship like 80+ and you can’t have flirted with anyone else.

1 Like

The Heart of a Half Orc achievement is bugged. When you flag Gunther’s relationship as a lover it’s set as *set lover “gunther” but the achievement is triggered by *if lover = “Gunther” (and capitalization matters in Choicescript, so…).

A few more bugs & typos below…

Summary

You push on the door, but it still won't open. It feels like it's being blocked by something. You slip inside.

It seems like in the above section, the failure and success modes have run together. (There’s no indication that I fixed whatever it was that was blocking the door)

You don't know how ready Gunther is to confront the possibility that his wife's [**death**] was not as he wants to believe. (missing word)

And in the below sample, the there is no *else that triggers if none of the conditions are met, thus leaving the last part entirely blank. (It says I don’t need to be told twice, but being told at least once would be good :rofl:)

Untitled-4

Also interesting to note that a certain character that I assumed to be only a fling may actually be possible as a long term relationship.

Or at least it’s possible to end the game with Hayden still flagged as your lover. Yes, after the literal backstab that drops your relationship to like 1 point.You have to be sadomasochistic as hell, but it’s possible.

My MC did the hanky-panky with them (because my MC only makes the best choices in life), but he ain’t that crazy. Whoever starts Book 3 with Captain Winter as their lover, let the rest of us know how that goes, eh? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I wonder perhaps if you did hanky panky with him AND you choose him over your companion, he’ll be your lover? has anyone tries that? I always pick my companion so he hates me for sure, haha

2 Likes

Details regarding the “courtship” of a certain captain…

Summary

Nope, Winter will always backstab you. My MC canonly sided (platonically) with Gunther over them, but I went back to see what would happen if the MC stayed with Winter instead.

Even if you chose them over your companions/allies and did everything that they asked. Even if the MC did the hanky-panky with them twice and have their relationship to 95+, they will always both figuratively and literally backstab you, steal the box, and run off leaving the MC for dead.

However, if after all of this, you eschew interacting with anyone on the boat ride back to Lux, the MC will start ruminating on things back in their room by themselves. This includes setting their final opinion on Hayden. If your MC did the hanky-panky with them at least once, you will have the choice of

#It sounds crazy, but part of me still wants Winter, maybe now more than ever!

which sets the flag *set lover “hayden” again. (That flag had previously been turned off with all the y’know horrible betrayal and all). So… yeah, I’m sure this potential relationship can only go to good places in the future!

7 Likes

I always take Orion as my RO when I play but I think I should try my less-honest MC to romance Winter. but wait…

you can do hanky panky (lol at the term everytime I said it in my head) with Winter twice? I know the one in the tavern. When is the second one??

2 Likes

My MC is still flying romantically solo, alas. Orion didn’t really catch his eye until that cute moment towards the end where he goes “Do you like me? Not in that way…” which is too late to start flirting with Orion or set his romance flag.

Also, Orion hit my MC with a -10% penalty to their relationship like three times due my MC having sex with Captain Winter. Oh boy does he disapprove. Every time the subject of Winter came up, it was [silently judging you] *set trust_orion %-10. :rofl:

Summary

The second time the MC can do the hanky-panky (I’m sure Mrs. Dupree will love that “hanky panky” is her legacy with the Evertree Saga) with Captain Winters is when you choose two final destinations to investigate at the end of the game. Choose the Docks as one of your locales and then choose to board the Mighty. If you have a high enough relationship with Winter and haven’t done the hanky-panky, they’ll start flirting immediately. If you did the hanky-panky with them in the tavern, they’ll be pretty dismissive. Just keep talking to them (without pissing them off) in the latter case.

My MC was actually planning to leave the Mighty after asking one last question and then WHOA.

7 Likes

reads back the last few posts
Sign of a hardcore Evertree Saga fan: uses the term “hanky panky” instead of “sex”. Jk

12 Likes

Hi! Can someone tell me the complete list of all the ROs in both books? I know about Lamuel, Dandy and Orion for sure but I’m not sure about others.

3 Likes

Leah/Lamuel, Daisy/Dandy, Oriana/Orion, Ruby, Gunther and a fling with Winters

8 Likes

About that i think the games is a little too bugged for us to get the super sleuth, for example in

chapter 4 where we suppose to make a guess based on evidence we collected and bonus is supposed to added base on our evidence we collected and the evidence that link to our guest, however the link part is not really working i think so the bonus point is base on what evidence we collected, and that is impossible with out a divination spell which means impossible if you cast divination in the first game

Also in chapter 7 it is impossible to get max bonus, since points are associated with different allies and we only get 1 Allie each game so max bonus you can get in chapter 7 is a 16? and you need 18 for super sleuth.

2 Likes

Use The fact that improve all stats give you a bonus of flat +2 or 3 and not a percentage to increase spell casting to 90, i recommend getting spell casting to 79 then upgrade all stats for 3 chapter and receive an auto one in the final chapter to get a 90.

4 Likes

Are you sure? I definitely have have saves where I used divination in the first game and then in the second game as well. Unless you mean you cast in the storehouse and then want to use it elsewhere later on

1 Like

I’ve only just started in on Sordwin due to time constraints, but I’m already enjoying it so much. I loved the temple scene, for example. Really thoughtful and enriching customization.

3 Likes

Really? i can never use the divination in the storehouse for some reason it said i don’t have the herbs

1 Like