Slammed! (Spoilers)

Ermm… if this helps, I think … just think, not certain; you have to be quite skilled and very strong, like above 70 strength. Not sure though. Been a long time since I had a save which could successfully pull that off.

What I’d really like, though, is a save that could pull off all of the stunts in the game; such as Irish whipping Prudius, doing that insane athletics movement against the Blue Whale, Taking out the Blue Whale by physically lifting him out of the ring while he was distracted, pull off the Wolf Collar on JJ, et.c… basically, a character that can pull off all the moves which have prerequisites.

If the weeks of testing I carried out before are of any indication, though, there’s no way to build such a build without changing the codes. :-<

1 Like

Anyone know how to get tepora to like you I did it once and I can’t do it again

You can’t talk about Manoel during the interview with the GWA guy. Or at least, you can’t say you suspect Manoel was right after all, so you can’t expose Velma Ray.

The rationale is you won’t have the time to both uncover Velma’s plot and get back on Tepora’s good side.

@Neogamebuddy

First, building on what @Wyrmspawn don’t pick the answer: ““It made me feel that Manoel may have been on to something after all…”” You only get the terpoa meeting if you’re working out late at the gym, not skulking around playing detective.

Second, well, this depends on your character stats. If you have a high promo Ability, apologize; if you have high strength, try to break free of the hold, and if you have high technique, try to reverse it. That should do the trick.

Great game that I enjoyed a lot, even though I’m not much of a wrestling fan. I have 3 questions

1. How does heat/favor work?
  2. How do you get to do the video against the twins?
  3. Is there a way to read the code? I’ve probably played it half a dozen times and am very curious about what’s under the hood.

Thanks I look forward to your next project.

3: If you have it for Google Chrome, find the “scenes” folder, which should be at C:\Users\User*\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions
aglmgdpckcnaajjhdhhjfdmgpbockkn\1.1.2_0\scenes

*Replace this with your Windows username

The scenes are in there, and I normally input that address into Chrome’s browser for ease of reading.

Is there any way to read it from Android (Bought it from the Amazon store)?

Thanks

@EscapeeFromTheCold Nope. Only possible with the Chrome version.

Oh well thank you very much.

@ EscapeeFromTheCold Glad you liked the game! As to your first two questions:

(1) Favor/Heat basically just determines how the crowd reacts to you, whether they cheer you or boo you. Both extremes are good, while a tepid reaction in the middle is bad (in a narrative sense, not a game mechanic sense).

(2) You need to have either ring_awareness>=50 or promo_ability>=50. :slight_smile:

FYI: Just had it pointed out that there’s a bit of a bug here – that ring awareness value should be less than or equal to fifty, not greater than or equal to. Sent a new file out for updating.

Is there a way you could fight with solitary?

1 Like

I love this game. I used to be a massive WWE fan from when I was 5 (haven’t watched it in years). So it was kind of nostalgic for me, and I love all the little references dotted throughout (Adjective Era, for instance). I didn’t realise until skimming through here that you can romance JJ, so I’m going to try it out, for sure. Is it better to play as a face or heel, or does it not make a huge amount of difference?

I meant to ask as well, is it actually possible to air your dirty laundry with JJ in that promo bit? Sorry for sounding vague, this isn’t the last game I played, so I’m a little hazy on details.

@MarvelousMatty - Yes, if you win the Scaffolds and Ladders match in Chapter 11. Which means you need to be able to beat Super Horns.

@ErinRosado - I’m glad you enjoyed it! It’s easier to romance JJ as a Face, specifically one who uses your real history with him/her in the feud. And that requires you to air your “dirty laundry” in Chapter 10. You need kayfabe<46 to do that.

Hey, I just want to say that I absolutely love your game! I think I did something wrong though. I lost my match to Gunther Frost (actually, he straight up knocked me unconscious). I got to wrestle JJ, but it was super rushed and unsatisfying. As a result, I have a couple of questions for @Chikiamco:

1. What did I do wrong with Gunther? I was a Power/Promo guy, but my stats never really got too high in any one thing. (72% in promo ability was my highest). I tried to climb the cage for aerial maneuvers thinking it would surprise Frost like me jumping and crushing Super Horns in our match when he had me in a chokehold. This time I failed miserably, so I instead went ahead and though it would be prudent to feel out Gunther. I got crushed. Could I take Frost on legitimately using my strength? The way you wrote him, it sounded like suicide. Should I have gone with the “sneaky” choice?

2. Is there a definitive walkthrough for this game? I’d love to know why sometimes I have decisions grayed out or how to avoid situations like I got into.

3. Is there a way to reload a save or so to speak? I felt really unfulfilled after fighting Frost and losing, but I have the feeling that it wasn’t the actual ending. I couldn’t find any ways to revers my decisions, so I had to start up a whole new game which I quickly gave up because I didn’t want to have to cover that much ground to get back there.

4. How far was I in the story and how much further is there at that place in time. The way it felt, it seemed to be solidly in the end of Act II/the beginning of Act III. I dunno, I really want to beat this game but I don’t have it in me to continually restart the game. Hence, my asking about a potential walkthrough.

Seriously though, I’m studying writing at my university and your game was used in a lecture. I just think you should know how impressed me and my classmates were with your game. Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful story. I hope to hear back from you soon!

@sreyb
I havent played Slammed! in a while (because I had it on my old phone v-v) but unless you’ve reached a fight with Solitary or JJ then you’re nowhere near the end of the game. I recommend focusing on either strength or technique during your first playthrough, it’ll make matches much easier

@sreyb

It was used in a university lecture? That’s… all kinds of awesome. Do you mind if I ask what the class was about, and in what context Slammed was used?

As for your questions:

1. Here are my suggestions for Frost – go all out from the start, then for the next choice, you can beat him by using strikes if you’re using a striking style, or do an aerial maneuver if your character uses the high flying style OR his technique is 70+, or choose the Charge option if your strength is 57+.

(Note this is all for the fight vs Frost, not Skinner, your opponent as a female.)

1. Not that I know of, just helpful posters here on the forum, and me and my clumsily coded txt files :slight_smile:

2. No, alas, like many of the official games, there is no save/reload function for Slammed! If it’s any consolation, you can ease the replay by choosing different options – I tried to allow for very different play throughs.

3. You’re at the tail end of Chapter 9. There are 12 Chapters in all plus an epilogue for certain endings. I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s the start of the final act, because for me, the final act is the final fight in Chapter 12, and Chapter 11 has a pretty major fight and a pretty major decision.

I hope you do decide to play again, and if so, good luck! Once you’re past that fight, you may want to look through this thread (if you don’t mind some spoilers) for tips on how to get through the Chapter 11 fight – that’s been a roadblock for some.

@Chikiamco - I haven’t been here in ages, so only just saw your reply. Thanks for the heads-up, and I will definitely give it a try soon. I had tried romancing JJ once before, but she rejected me. :frowning:

I love Slammed but I have never gotten past the scaffolds match. I swear I have played it dozens of times yet I haven’t been able to beat it. Could use some help here cause I’m going insane.

@MSox99 what part is that?