We’re proud to announce that Sixth Grade Detective, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, iOS, and Android.
Round up the usual suspects—the mean girl, the new kid, the bully, the nerd, maybe even your best friend! As the sixth grade detective, you’ll spy on classmates for cash—will you keep their secrets or take the money?
“Sixth Grade Detective” is a 109,000-word interactive young-adult novel by Laura Hughes, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based–without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Match wits with the criminal masterminds of middle school! Solve mysterious disappearances and thefts, trace rumors, track down your best friend’s stolen bike, and most importantly—get a date to the dance.
Forge friendships, chase down thieves, or stick to your guns against bullies? Unmask them in public, or work behind the scenes to help a new friend? Will you protect the reputation of your clients, destroying evidence, or go so far as to hack your friend’s cell phone to uncover his embarrassing secret?
- Investigate six mini-mysteries.
- Search for clues, question suspects, crack codes, dust for fingerprints, interview witnesses, and uncover your classmates’ deepest secrets.
- Reveal the truth, or keep silent for the greater good… or greater profit.
- Shine in the classroom or cut school with the rebels.
- Lie to the adults–if you can get away with it
- Build friendships, create enemies, and find a date for the big dance.
- Play as a girl, boy, or neither. Date classmates of any gender, or avoid romance altogether.
- Find out who your secret admirer is
We hope you enjoy playing Sixth Grade Detective. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on StumbleUpon, Facebook, Twitter, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.