NEW GAME: Undercover Agent — Think fast. Lie faster. And don’t blow your cover

We’re proud to announce that Undercover Agent, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, iOS, and Android. It’s 25% off until February 1st!

Think fast and lie faster! When you go undercover to retrieve a deadly new bio-weapon, can you pull off the mission and escape with your life?

Undercover Agent is an interactive novel by Naomi Laeuchli. It’s entirely text-based–135,000 words, without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

You are the top operative at the DTU (Domestic Terrorist Unit), a covert agency that specializes in investigating terrorist groups on US soil. As Silas Bishop’s administrative assistant, you are in a prime position to spy on his business and search for the deadly weapon his scientists have engineered. But word has leaked there’s a mole, and you’re running out of time.

Can you depend on your computer hacking skills to get you out of a tight spot or will you count on your brawn? Would you rather sneak where you shouldn’t be found or bluff your way in with pure charisma and charm? And what about those friends you’ve made while undercover? Can they be trusted, or would you rather just use them? Cover your tracks, delay the mole hunt, and plot your escape.

• Rescue your best friend or leave him to his fate
• Avoid detection or kill those who suspect you
• Find love with your handler or even your enemy’s son
• Frame your coworkers or protect them
• Plant bugs, hack computers, crawl through vents, and use your charms
• Bribe, torture, or threaten information from targets
• Go on the run or earn a promotion
• Expose the mole in your own agency or join forces
• Retrieve the weapon, destroy it, or sell it

We hope you enjoy playing Undercover Agent. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on StumbleUpon, Facebook, Twitter, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

13 Likes

Hi, I liked the demo and wanted to buy the game on Steam but for some reason there is no sale. It says 4.99 euro with no sale icon. I know new releases usually have a discount, and it says so on the site itself (buy now for $2.99). While I live in Europe, most of the time the price stays the same. Is it a bug on the Steam site or did the price change? I put a screenshot in the summary because it took a lot of space.

Summary

We’re looking into it.

It’s fixed and displaying the right price. Thank you!

Sounds interesting, but do you have to play as female?

No. No Choice of Games game is ever genderlocked. At a minimum a Choice of Games game includes options to play as male or female [or the protagonist’s gender is left undefined --JSH], I pretty much require my authors to offer a non-binary option as well, though they don’t have to.

Hosted Games may be genderlocked.

5 Likes

Right, undefined is also a possibility.

Quick note, when I played the Demo on the Website, I was able to play through the entire game once, without paying (for which I apologize) but then it fixed itself after I finished the game and attempted to reload it to see if this was a glitch with the site. I didn’t refresh my browser before finishing the game, so I am unaware if that could have fixed the problem.

Once again I apologize for taking advantage of this momentary glitch. I also figured you should be aware that this happened.

I guess the description mislead me, it suggests romance with two characters and i believe they are both male. I will look into the game further. Thanks for your reply.

The demo isn’t working for me, also the same problem(takes forever to load then fails) happen when I try to get on cox website

There are actually four characters you can romance, two male and two female :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The site was temporarily down. It seems to be back up (although we’re following up to see what the problem was).

4 Likes

Undefined gender (as say Diabolical) doesn’t really work IMO. Feels like I’m playing as me where I want to play a character. I had that feeling when poking through the demo of Undercover earlier. While I can choose gender/orientation I don’t feel like the game reflects that choice.

I’ll give it another stab but first attempt I didn’t get as far as the “need to buy to continue” stage.

9 Likes

Just want to be clear… There’s no option for what gender you are correct? When I was playing the demo last week and I can’t seem to remember if there’s a gender option.

2 Likes

Who are the romance options?

That’s true, sometimes I play a male and sometimes a female character but when I tried a game without gender I always imagined the character be me and not someone else. Kinda ruins role playing.

5 Likes

I’m confused about alot of the things that happened in the game, but I’m guessing it was just alotta bugs, and I’ll be waiting for an app update before going though.

(Next are spoilers, but I couldn’t get blur spoiler to work)

Summary

It’s like the game forgot most of the stuff I did half way through, and I was left saying, “Wait what?” to myself alot. The game kept pushing that I apparently put all the blame on one of the other characters, but I never did, and kept giving me choices like, “Oh no I feel so guilty this is my fault!” But I always took responsibility for the things that happened, even if they were lies. It was reflected in the stats screen that I never blamed anyone. …Also that investigation with Kang kinda went nowhere? Or did I just miss things?

I also got proof of who the mole was, but I was never able to give it to my boss at the end? And then the mole BECAME my boss and she fired me? But then it still let me offer to leave my job behind to run away with my romance choice.

The last thing I had a question about is I had real trouble raising stats. After the intro scene, my stats were never raised again.

But all in all I did like the game, and I don’t regret the buy, I’m just hoping for a few fixes.

4 Likes

I didn’t finish the demo, the game didn’t really grab me but I’ll give it another try just because if I like the game it’d be a good bday present :stuck_out_tongue:

Helen, Samantha, Karl, and Antonio.

1 Like

How do we achieve ‘In The Line Of Duty’? I just can’t seem to get myself killed.

2 Likes