Sixth Grade Detective — Spy on your classmates for cash!

You need to talk with Shashi when you are investigating her case and offer to help her with her game

I played as Kiran, the fearless and noble warrior prince! And Shashi was the beautiful sorceress Devina.

1 Like

So its a sort of spoiler so dont read at all(vitessa romance)

To do that you need to do be cruel with others, but not to lie, Relationship level with Vitessa only go high to 75% so you need to keep others at bay.

1 Like

Just made it, the game chooses the high relationship just kill the others and she will be yours

How do you get her relationship stat up to 75? I think I’ve only managed to get as high as 41%.

You need to ask her what clothes she is going to use for the dance (when doing Shashi’s case) and you need to give her her diary.

1 Like

I did both of those things, and also made sure to be cruel to everyone else so Vitessa’s stat was highest, but by the end the stat had still only reached 72%. I think I’m still missing something else.

Hey I got it up to 73% but she still rejected me, would you mind posting a short guide detailing what choices you made in your playthrough?

Thats all you need for her romance.

@SomeRandomGuy00 you need to have low reputation with the others RO, then you will receive her letter, she will reject you but when you go to the school she will be at the stairs waiting you.

3 Likes

Got it this time, thank you!

I loved this one. A couple of people have stated that it was written for a younger audience, but I’m just about to turn 25 and I thought it was wonderfully nostalgic in the best possible way. I’m a sucker for best friend romances, too, and I thought this one was really sweet. The writing and proofreading were very good, the characters had distinct personalities, the story had a nice culmination-- so, yeah, loved it. I’m tempted to play this one followed immediately by Psy High, using the same character names and personalities for both. A.J.? Alison? Who says Alison’s middle name can’t be Jane?

Switching to a tangent, it never fails to surprise me how much media representation matters, and it continues to be one of the main reasons I love CoG games so much. I thought it was handled really well here. Gender and orientation were acknowledged, but never became a source of harassment. Both were normalized, regardless of your choices, and any taunting the character received came from the decisions they made rather than the way they identified. You might get mocked for dressing like a slob, you might get harassed for being a tattletale, you might even get teased for allegedly making out with your best friend, but nobody ever teases you because your best friend happens to be the same gender. That’s an important distinction.

I probably shouldn’t make a big deal of this stuff anymore, since it’s basically common practice with CoG releases at this point, but it matters to me. Inclusion is a huge deal. The ability to tell a game who you are and have the game simply accept that is a magical thing. There are so few places where that’s possible, even today. This game was fun, charming, heartwarming, and just generally made me feel good and, while I didn’t need it to validate me, I sincerely appreciated that it did.

4 Likes

This is really good a 5 stars in its own right, a light read thats super refreshing.
I’m 17 and I must say that this game can be read and enjoyed by any age group heck! even my grandma would love this.

The story is simple, the mystery cases are easy(thats understandable since the target audience are young) but I have tons of fun playing this which proves the point that this can be for anyone and it doesn’t have that supernatural fantasy theme you can normally find in CoG you’re just this cute detective living a normal life solving stuff for your friends.
The characters, each one a reader can relate to, I related and enjoyed being with A.J, Evan and Sashi is tons of fun. I admit that i haven’t interacted with Vitessa,Finnegan and Corley but I’ll get to that.

One thing I just wish for was to get that one last mystery to solve the Miss Cooperation tiara that got stolen, I have a theory that it was stolen by the Whips and I would love to solve this but this time with my friends and after it gets solved celebrate and enjoy the dance.
Nice job Author :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Nice you got it! What others choice games do you guys play?

Played quite a few games, but this is the only one that makes me smile and feel good afterwards. Make no mistake, I do enjoy other games and receive satisfaction from their endings, but this was a refreshing change from the often serious and at times ‘heavy’ stories found in many games.

Much praise from me, I have replayed it many times and learn new things still. :heart_eyes:

What I cannot bring myself to do is to be a heartless and greedy bully, despite being aware it is but a single-player, text-based game. I simply can’t do it. :sweat: To summerise that; bleedin’ well written!

2 Likes

The patch for iOS7 has just gone live. Can someone who bought 6GD and is using iOS7 give it a spin?

Works for me after updating. (It worked for me before tho)

Spoiler of achievements down!

I luv the game and all… but this hidden achievement gets on my nerves!

Have you destroyed the diary?

1 Like

Oh…

Thx. I’ll try that!

This game got me back to watching Recess again. The fact that I named my character TJ and the A in AJ could stand for Ashley where AJ is very much like Spinelli really hammered in the nostalgia factor. Glad to see games being published here for a younger audience. I’d recommend it to any of my younger cousins who are avid readers. :slightly_smiling:

I played the free preview of this game when it first came out, meant to buy it, and then proceeded to forget to do so until today… oops! But! At least now I can finally review it!

I have to say, I was totally charmed. I loved all the characters – I think there’s something about that age where, even if they were being little jerks, I could remember what it was like being 12 and wanting to find your place in the social structure while dealing with insecurity, awkwardness, puberty, etc. It was nice playing a good-hearted MC who loved her parents and friends and didn’t have to worry about anything more severe than a burn book… even if kids were being mean to me, I had my friends! The romances were cute and felt very age appropriate (the shyness, middle school dates, little drama). The birthday scenes with the parents were very heartwarming (ah, the age right before you start judging everything your parents did!) – so cute of them to use clues!

I felt this was perfect as a standalone, but I have to say, I wouldn’t mind a sequel so I could see these kids in high school (I know we have Psy High, which has a similar feel, but I fell in love with these kiddos too).

3 Likes