Seven Kingdoms, The Princess Problem

Will this be released by Games Choice?

It’s not an IF, it’s a renpy visual novel.

Visual novels are a form of interactive fiction.

3 Likes

As others have said, it will not be released by Games Choice, unless Azalyne Studios forms a partnership with Games Choice and transforms this visual novel into a Text-Based Cyoa.

I think that I read somewhere that it started out as a Choicescript game but it is an indie visual novel and will probably be sold on Steam.
It was greenlit when that was still a thing.
Not sure if it will be available somewhere else.

2 Likes

According to what I read on the fan discord early release will be on itch.io and later the game will be released on Steam when secret backgrounds and unlockable the romances are done.

Has been, yes. It’s out for backers already.

Totally forgot about that. :sweat_smile: Yes, the backers probably have it already. Not sure.

It was more a general statement for anyone interested who doesn’t go looking for news anywhere else or missed it.

We do. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ohhh exciting! I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but there used to be an extended version with 5 playable weeks. I did a bit of searching and found a thread which seems to still have downloadable links.

Here it is in case anyone’s interested: Reddit - Dive into anything
(I haven’t played the new version though, so I’m not sure how much has changed in the demo)

Hopefully someone will put out a full guide at launch. I’m interested in the story, but stat raising games like this are my least favourite type of VN. Especially given that there are bad ends, so if you don’t do your stats correctly you are going to sink hours into it to be left with a bad outcome.

2 Likes

There’s a guide in the fqn discord for week 1-5, there will probably be a link in the Tumblr blog too.
The fandom has always been good about making guides and sharing them.

ETA: Here’s a list of a few guides: ALL ROUNDER 7KPP BLOG.
I haven’t checked if they’re all still there or up-to-date though. I heard one of the more extensive guides is gone.

2 Likes

For those who don’t know yet, early access version is out for everybody!

itch io page (I suggest reading the last couple dev logs also)

5 Likes

Like I posted in the otome topic my three planned runs for the full game that I came up with after trying the demo recently are an kind stoic Jiyel scholar who plans on following in Katyia’s footsteps. I plan on splitting her run for Ana, Emmett, Hamin and Lyon. Second is an amoral zpower-hungry Revarie widow who with I will be aiming for the Gisette romance/Jarrod marriage path of which I hear there is a special ending for. Might also do a split for romancing Zarad and also Gisette romance/Lisle path. Third and probably last for a long time will be the secret Historian who is pretty much just for me to romance the non noble characters that I’m interested in ( Jasper,Ria,Greer) without running the mc life too much.

What runs are you all trying out?

2 Likes

I mentioned it in the Otome thread, but I tried for a Widow run and romancing Gisette.

It went pretty well, until the very end where everything got set on fire.

So now mulling over whether or not I’ll start over and do it right this time, or if I should try another background first to keep things fresh (in which case, my main choices would either be the Jiyel scholar or the Hise pirate).

1 Like

I tried a “secret” background (the court manipulator) but was still unable to choose it.

I have the ichio EA version… so did I do something wrong, or am I confused as to what you are doing?

My cannon background is the Sheltered Princess, which was the very first I unlocked way back when the original demo released.

I plan on also doing the tomboy/rebel leader background at some point.

Oh, okay. I was confused. Nothing new there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The secret backgrounds are not in the game yet, I’m just planning ahead the one that I want to play

From what I understand when they are in the secret backgrounds will require you to find out about the faction they are connected to in a run before you can pick them along with the stat requirement

1 Like