Seas of Malice (Character Creation + 3 locations partially done, WIP)

For me? My MC is all healed up. I know i spent gold helaing all the wounds back to 0 at Oort.

Then upon selecting the clear Horn-Wolfs using Chariama option kills the MC

The random death is no longer happening to me but the error is still happening randomly almost every time I gather gems

Updated game, should hopefully resolve the instant death syndrome in the mines. Fixed the charisma failure instant death as well.

Whew. Couldn’t figure out why the wounds increase danger in the mines lead to instant death syndrome though…

1 Like

Fixes confirmed @Eos

So, I’m a bit hesitant on what location to develop next. I’m torn between Port Wander (the port you start in), Ides (largest and most powerful city in the Seas of Malice, also where the plague you got sick from comes), or Thorne (Jungle/tree colony populated by wood elves (not the ones you think))

• Ides
  • Port Wander
  • Thorne

0 voters

Eos, when will u give us the option to switch ship? Is it going to come next?

travel line 79: It is illegal to fall in to an *else statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block. (The moment I want to save XD…)

travel line 98: It is illegal to fall in to an *else statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.(???)
@Eos

Ok we good here.,

Travel issue should be resolved, I will add options to change ships, though that will only be after I implement an inventory system, which won’t be for a while.

Both issues should be updated.

Are you reporting a bug?

@LOL_Interesting because I haven’t yet made Port Wander as its own, independent location yet.
Grand Magister audience bug resolved. Looking into second island hopping bug.

Capture
YIKESSSS

@Eos Island hopping bug still present. I am in ort buying spice, next moment I am in chrysholdt.
(Also, why cant u go back to port wander tho.)

Ort line 343: Invalid expression, expected CLOSE_PARENTHESIS(Another one.)(This one is with attending audience with the grand magician.)

Wait wat::::: You’re dead! Too bad. (Once I flesh this out it’ll be a randomized stat decrease)(I only have a single wound LOL) I was mining and I had sustain one wound and then it tell me i am dead)
Days left until arrival: 11.333333333333334
As your ship moves slowly to your destination, a treasure chest suddently floats by. You pull it to your ship, and open it. A cheer goes up as you discover that it’s filled with gold!
+500 gold.(WHAT IS THAT)

The clerk nods. “Go right ahead,” he says. You descend with your crew into the depths, with only the sputtering light of your torch to keep you company. Your torch has 7 hours left of light.
Collapse! The mine groans and a shower of stones falls on your heads. An unfortunate crewmember does not make it.
-1 crew. Your torch has 6 hours left of light.
Collapse! The mine groans and a shower of stones falls on your heads. An unfortunate crewmember does not make it.
-1 crew. Your torch has 5 hours left of light.
You explore another stretch of the mines, finding 8 gemstones!

• 8 sacks of gemstones.
    (WAT)
    @Eos!!!

Working on first error, second error is result of not rounding, third error is a distinct lack of page breaks. I’ll work on fixing them when I get home.

@Eos pls fix these stuffs
Hold Capacity: 100

Hold Space Taken: -2

Supplies: 9

Silks: 0

Spices: 0

Gemstones: 0

Wheat: 0

Wine: 0

and the part of the second lecture: Magic light nonexistant.
(I told u already: this is the second magic lecture.>>>>>>)

That is a very unhelpful bug description. Which interaction led to this?

if you explore port wander, go to the black cat and select ‘help her’, you end up directly at the scene after you received your ship but with no ship, so you can’t buy supply, you can’t hire men and you can’t leave

also there is a bug that say ‘magic light non existent’ or something when you go to the second lesson to learn magic (in the cavern IIRC)

there is also a bug (missing parenthese or something) when you try to go in mines after getting the permit from the baron

also when buying stuff like silk or wine, you can end up without a ‘return’ button, leaving you blocked at that screen

Yeah, I was in the middle of fixing up the beginning scene when I uploaded it. I’ll look into the rest of the bugs; they should be easy to resolve.

1 Like

I currently have 3,600 gold at port Wander. The game won’t let me buy any bushels of wheat even when I try to buy just 10 of them

Edit: The hold value stands at 5. I bought 5 supplies from butcher.
The game just say I don’t have enough gold
@eos

Edit 2: oh & I tried bribing the guards to recon the place for robbery. Apparently we can bribe em even when we have money below 100 gold.
When we bribe them with money being below 100 gold the statd page show our gold in negative value

Edit 3: Aaaaaand my MC died mining gems

Are your sure your hold isn’t full?

Is their anything special you can find in the mines?

There is, but I haven’t implemented it yet. The Chrystholdt storyline will go through the mines.

@Eos pls god-**** fix this…
Ort line 827: Non-existent variable ‘magiclight’
(Second magic lecture inside the cave)

You expand your light, making it glow brighter and brighter until it is painful for even your eyes to watch. The wolves, accustomed to the darkness, whine and lope off. “Go to the Grand Magister’s office,” she says. “And maybe consider a career as a magister?”
+1 cunning. The Beast Pens are a collection of magically-contained “bubbles,” each bubble containing a whole habitat of magical creatures. Menagerists oversee their care, and are known to pay for certain magical beasts.
(PLS)

Island hopping stil not solved. Buying goods in Ort = teleport to chrysholdt

Should be fixed now…

this is fun to play and you did good on this story