Saviour --WIP--

The Rysis Suit reminds me of the Witchblade (from the comic not that-that thing they called an anime) are they similar? In case you don’t know, the Witchblade is this werid space weapon thing that chooses a host, it’s only chosen females and likes to travel down bloodlines, it gives them super everything while slowly consuming their mind until it hop off when that host dies and goes to the next host.

@Shenrai

Ans1: Yes, we can form relationships and rromance between the members of the Dark Slayers.

Ans2: As I’ve written the story line that your Father and Grand Pa used the Rysis Suit, it would be a little weird if a female MC is there. So i’ve gender locked the game.

Ans3: The Rysis suit uses a password system which only the blood line of the Simons know.

Ans4: It was Dr. Sean Sawyer who is a military scientist. He is not a part of the Dark Slayers, he is assigned to work with the GAU.

Ans5: When the Earth was threatened by Splinter, the only thing possible which could save mankind was the Rysis Suit. So, the military scientist, Dr.Sean Sawyer - one of the best scientists - well lets change it. It was Re-Founded by the scientist. Then the scientist made more improvements in it. Well as it was re-founded from a desert in Egypt, it was a long lost military weapon, and Dr.Sean Sawyer matched the DNA which was in the Rysis Suit. The match was your MC. And when General Xavier tried to test the Rysis Suit it didn’t move.

Ans6: There is only one Rysis Suit. We can upgrade it through the game.

Ans7: The Rysis bow is the weapon which was made along with the suit, having the same resistance capabilities. If you’ve watched the movie Avengers, there is this Archer guy named Hawkeye. You can learn about it here:

Ans8: From now on the it will be “Savior”.

Any more questions?

@Katgirl64

No, I’ve never heard of Witchblade and it’s not similar.

Ans3: A password system, you say? So, in other words, the requirements for wearing the suit are literally just numbers and/or letters that, reasonably speaking, *anyone* can learn/extort from a Rhysis suit’s “chosen”, and therefore memorize and utilize for themselves?

Realistically speaking, that’s a *terrible* system for such a high-profile weapon in such an advanced year of 2062.

Besides, if the player never knew *anything* about the Rysis suit or his family’s background, how on Earth would they end up knowing the password if it’s such a secret that perhaps even the Dark Slayers themselves don’t even know it?

I don’t necessarily expect you to clear this discrepancy up here and now, of course. We could all be reasonably sated with assurance that answers may be unveiled in the game itself.

If you, say, intend to make plot points out of those aspects, (an enemy or relatively neutral discovering the password and wreaking havoc, the player discovering what the password is due to something they remember from their early life) then, by all means, all the more power to you.

Otherwise, though, the fact that a password system could be considered viable in *2062* is probably going to come across as a *glaringly* bad decision on behalf of Dr. Sawyer unless there’s a good in-universe justification for it.

Ans2:

“As I’ve written the story line that your Father and Grand Pa used the Rysis Suit, it would be a little weird if a female MC is there. So i’ve gender locked the game.”

Okay, *here’s* where I’m going to try my best to avoid jumping to conclusions as to why you say that a female player character would come across as “weird” because the previous inheritors of the Rysis suit were both men.

Instead, I’ll just come right out and ask:

*Why* exactly do you say that it’d be weird?

And I ask that mostly because I can find *plenty* of realistic evidence as to why, at the most, it’d just be a bit unexpected.

I can even call upon “my @FairyGodfeather” to check my work, should I find need. :>

Uhhh… I’m having a hard time buying into the reasoning given for why only men can wear the suit. Plenty of women in the military have fathers and grandfathers who were in the military, and mothers and grandmothers who would never have dreamed of enlisting. So it doesn’t seem weird to me. If there is some sort of minimum size requirement to wear the suit then you can just require any woman who wears it be a certain minimum height and build. And given that the suit boosts physical strength among other things, the strength difference between women and men doesn’t seem so important any more.

@Shenrai

1- No I don’t mean any letters or numbers. A key word in the family which has been passed from Father to Son, Father to Son. And again as I said, the suit was re-founded by the scientist, the password system was already there. Dr.Sean Sawyer did not implant a password system, the system was already there.

2- The password is a keyword and can be anything like a name of a book, person, even a lucky number of the family. So the MC just has to investigate and think about something which was passed like that.

3- If a king dies, his daughter doesn’t become the heir to the throne. His Son is the next king. If he doesn’t have a son, his brother is there. Then his Cousin. And on. So it’d be better if it was a male.

There’s plenty of cases of Kings dying and their daughters inheritting the thrones. Generally you’re right, they won’t if there’s sons, although the law in the UK just changed to rectify that. I did read an article about the British aristocracy though and how it’s sons and male relatives that do almost always inherit. I’ve no idea how much truth there is there though.

I like the idea of a woman who’s determined to succeed her father, to prove herself worth the suit. I think it would make for an interesting story. It’s clearly not one that you want to write though. If you want to write a story about boys blowing up things go for it.

Whether or not a woman could inherit a throne, or land for that matter, varied from time period to time period and from country to country. Queen Isabella I of Castile (Spain) and Queen Elizabeth of England both ruled in their own names, and both inherited because their fathers had no living sons. Their fathers preferred that an heir of their own line rule, even if female, over a male of another line, so they cleared the way for their daughters’ succession.

Furthermore, it’s my understanding that the setting for this game isn’t medieval, but futuristic. So really, as @FairyGodfeather has pointed out, the only real reason I can see for this restriction is that you as the author don’t want to write a female protagonist. And that’s your right.

1: So it’s more-or-less voice-activated, then? Of course, this still means that, provided that the armor doesn’t only work for a voice it’s meant to recognize, (and how could a generational armor even hope to pinpoint the voice of someone that was born decades after it was designed, unless it was somehow programmed in when it was rebuilt?) that it’s not particularly secure.

In fact, it being activated by a *vocal* key word would be even worse than with some kind of key pad, since *anyone* within earshot of the player character when they activate the armor would then know the word to use.

Again, if you plan on somehow making those major plot points for the sake of the story, then any and all players’ disbelief can be reasonably dispelled for the sake of the experience.

Otherwise, though, it’ll be extremely noticeable as something with little basis that just doesn’t add up for any reason.

Also, my point wasn’t necessarily that Dr. Sawyer dropped the ball by putting in that password system. Like you said, it already existed in the first armor, and that’s all well and fairly realistic; after all, at the time the armor was made in the grandfather’s era, passwords could’ve still been considered viably secure. (As, namely, they are today, which I’d think would be reasonably close to the grandfather’s era.)

My point is that he may have dropped the ball by *not taking the password system out and replacing it with a different, more inherently secure system*, in a generation where they probably could’ve at least done a *little* better. Of course you could argue traditionalism or sentimentality as a reason to keep the password system in, but even then it’s not at all smart on his part.

3: Again, I’ll hear what you may or may not have to say, especially pertaining to what our friends have mentioned above, before I provide any evidence of my own.

Reminds me of Crysis

@DJNIKLDO

Is “Crysis” another Choice Script game?

No, according to Wikipedia, Crysis is a First Person Shooter Game. It shares similarities with Savior such as it having a “Nano Suit”, futuristic weapons and Aliens. It’s very similar to your game.

BlueOwl358 would be correct I liked Crysis so thats why i’m looking forward to Saviour

Assuming that either @FairyGodfeather or @P_Tigras nailed why you’re hesitant to write a female protagonist, that you got distracted by the Crysis comparison, or that you’re not wanting to discuss the first point I asked about for potential spoilers reasons, I guess I’ll go right ahead and ask what was actually the first question that came to mind when I read your initial answers for me:

So you’re asking for people to create characters for you in your other thread, and that’s all good understandable. (For the record, you probably want to mention in said character-building thread that people shouldn’t bother creating characters that might play off of the possibility of a female protagonist, like a womanizer, a heterosexual male love interest, etc.) I actually have my own idea that was somewhat dependent on your answers here, but none of said answers have really made my own idea improbable. Thus, I may still submit it.

That said, you’ve already got a few ideas lined up from people, which is great. And, from what you’ve said regarding romance, I’d imagine that you may end up making at least one created character romance-able when you put them in the game, and that’s *excellent*.

Note, however, that out of those three already-submitted characters, only one is a female. And, granted, my own character idea is, in fact, a female, so it’s not like there’s necessarily going to be an extreme dearth of those. But that leaves something worth mentioning.

Chances are that a sizable majority of the characters in the Dark Slayers are going to end up being male. And, really, that’s perfectly okay on a surface level.

Except that, in a game where you’re writing romances for only a male protagonist, this means that you’re going to have a noticeable lack of female romance options.

Therefore, the logical question is this:

Are you going to allow players, as a male protagonist, to romance other male characters? In other words, to have a “gay romance”?

@Shenrai

I’m sorry. But I’m realy distracted by ur questions. I want to focus more on the game so. I can’t answer your questions.

@Everyone
The game is in progress. thnx.

@Cahill99, Shenrai’s questions where posted 11 days ago thats plenty of time to answer them.

They say the world has become too complex for simple answers. They are wrong.
Ronald Reagan

@Cahill, You can have easily answered @Shenrai, you just don’t want to. B-)

@lexlexx @BlueOwl358

Answering could’ve been simple enough, yes, but assuming what the answer to my last question would have been somehow seems even simpler. I can’t really say I’m either shocked or torn up about it enough to continue this, though, as that wouldn’t necessarily be fair in itself.

Thus, I’ll let it drop and allow @Cahill99 to go on focusing and such, whatever does or does not come of it. (%)

(None of it has any real bearing on my character idea, anyhow, whether or not I choose to submit it at this point.)