Save manager and editor for Steam (open-source)

News to me. :slight_smile: I think some people are just trying to modify stats that are constantly changing due to game dynamics (not to any attempt by me to deter manual stat modding – as I’ve said a few times, I’m not interested in either deterring or facilitating it).

2 Likes

Oh, sorry for spreading misinformation :sweat_smile: My reference was this post but I see that I was misinterpreting it. I’ma edit my post, thanks for the correction :grin:

1 Like

I would like to know how to detect other games because I detect a lot of them but not sure like grand academy for future villain or others. Do I have to do anything?

You should first either progress through the story for at least one page or click Restart in the game. If you launch the save manager afterwards, it may automatically detect the game. If the game’s full name isn’t present in the games list, look for all-lower-case game names that look similar (e.g. villainacademy). If you can’t find the game, you can add its Game Save Directory manually.

2 Likes

thank you very much it worked very well for grand academy 1 … but not the 2 >< i try all

Both games’ save files might be stored in the same directory. In that case, the save manager asks which game’s save files to load from that directory. May I ask what is happening in your case? Are the games’ save files stored in the same directory? What doesn’t seem to be working?

1 Like

I don’t have the impression and it doesn’t find whatever file and disk I’m using (sorry I’m French and not very good in English)

Since the first game’s save directory is found, I’m assuming the root disk (C:, D:, etc.) is found correctly and Steam saves folder is also found correctly. May I see the list of games that you see here:

1 Like

i cant send picture I don’t know why

Let me send you a direct message ^^

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to modify the amount of food you have in Choice of Rebels? I tried modifying two stats that seemed related, but nothing changed.

The amount of food you have is constantly changing, raid by raid and week by week. You can’t max it out and have that “stick”-- the code’s just not built for it.

Edit: that having been said…I haven’t used this save mgr/editor, so have no idea if this would work, but your best bet might be:

1. Save after the first choice in Chapter 2.
  2. Edit your saved game so that the Ch 2 temp variable “foodstorelt” is, like, 500000.
  3. Play from that saved file, and hopefully you’ll never run out of food.

Give it a try, and if it works, let me know.

1 Like

Could have just been me messing up somewhere, but it didn’t seem to work. You can, however, modify the amount of money you have to buy/carry back a good amount of the food needed to have people on a healthy diet, though you’ll probably have to send 30-60 people out hunting to gather the needed remainder since you can’t send a large enough group to buy all of the food needed.

Just a reminder, you need to close and then reopen the game after modifying a save for the changes to take effect.

2 Likes

So this is the source of that black magic. Seriously though, this is pretty cool. Would you mind if I did a tutorial video on how to use it sometime in the future?

2 Likes

Of course I won’t mind :smiley: Thank you for your kind words and your tutorial in advance :blush:

3 Likes

This mod has literally changed my gameplay. Thanks for building it! I’m playing on Mac + was able to build the final app in Unity. It’s working great! But, per your GitHub instructions, it looks like we should be able to rename saves + have more than one manual save at a time, right? My manual saves default to “My Save,” and I can only overwrite that file, not save another manual file or rename them. (The automated saves works like a charm, though.)

Could something have gone wrong when I built the app in Unity? It’s weird that every other feature but that one works.

1 Like

Happy to hear that it works well on Mac, as well! To change the name “My Save”, simply click here and type a new name for the save:

1 Like

WOW. Thank you. Feeling foolish because that is incredibly simple. Sorry for not realizing sooner! :laughing:

1 Like

So would I be able to save my playthrough files and then reimport them back into the game when COG adds a save feature?

2 Likes