Samurai of Hyuga fanart!

Made an account just to join this awesome thread TwT Everyone’s art is so cool!!! And i wanted to share too ^^

50 Likes

that one way of breaking

A little while after the third book…

Summary

36 Likes

I was inspired by @Hollows’s sister wonderful drawings and decided to commission my own lil sister.

This is my ronin, Emiko, indulging in her favorite pastime: chilled saké.

This one is not finished but here is Emiko posing dreamily with a man’s blood dripping down her katana.

25 Likes

Certainly not an artist but after replaying, yet again, I just had to give doodling one of my main mcs a go. (Before she chopped her hair 'real short) I absolutely adore this series, dang.

34 Likes

Finally finished this one. It’s one of my favourite scenes in all the books. Maybe because it left me anxious for a year. My favourite cliffhanger ever!
I hid it cause it’s a bit of a spoiler I guess. :smile: I wanted to blur it, but that didn’ help much.

SPOILERY ART

“Oh, speak of the devil, Masashi-kun.”

58 Likes

Finally I managed to overcome my laziness and attempted to draw my ronin:

Also I couldn’t decide if I should draw her normally or a “Jigoku Itto-Ryo version” so I tried to go for both(?).

24 Likes

I am crying at how beautiful this all is!

1 Like

not exactly super recent but here’s some more accurate doodles of kaito

kaito%201

41 Likes

cough oh my. His chest is as broad as a mountain.

I can’t draw, but I love phot references so here. :slight_smile:

I always kind of thought of my MC, Ercen, looked like Lord Hien from FF 14 Stormblood.

Can’t tell who made this, but it is signed so kudos to the artist.

And this one is by the lovely Amelia Tan

The look has always sorta resonated with me. :woman_shrugging:t2:

39 Likes

Following in the footsteps of @Eric_Moser, I’d like to (finally) get started on some Samurai of Hyuga t-shirts. The official cover arts are great, but they’re a bit too busy to put on a shirt. However, there are some terrific pieces of art on this very thread (and maybe other places) that would make a perfect fit.

To the artist, I’ll contact you and purchase the piece (paypal only). You will need to sign a license agreement to hand over the copyright so I can put it on shirts.

For the fans, I want to know what you’d like to wear! What type of art and artist do you think is best? How big do you think the graphic should be, and so on?

I will probably be going through Redbubble for the quality of the shirts and their ease with international shipping.

Thanks all!

24 Likes

I’d be all over this as long as the design is kept kind of abstract. I wouldn’t want a character because my favorites all gender swap. I love the koi @Jacic drew best for both the idea and style. I noticed some people played around with the spirit animals too and I think that would be awesome, maybe something featuring all of them? I’m no kind of artist so I’m not much help there. As for size and scale… a large-ish picture on the front would get my vote, as long as the design wouldn’t be distorted by the wearer having boobs.

Really weird timing for me, I was just wishing my IF favorites had tshirts or something so I could show off my love!

9 Likes

When you spend all night brainstorming ideas for Samurai of Hyuga t-shirts.

There’s a lot more I shat out of my brain (mostly font variations) but these are my favourite designs. All artwork is mine, the Sōmen was from an old art portfolio but I thought the symbol related nicely to Hyuga and I just had to incorporate the Jigoku eyes somehow as well.

The characters translate to Jigoku ittō ryū, the Hell’s Release Style.

@Punchysporkk’s got the right idea with having no characters and doing something with the spirit animals, especially if the spirit animals were illustrated in the traditional japanese style. Though I usually prefer large graphics to be on the back rather than the front.

But you know what would be my favourite? Hoodies. Especially if there was a quote that ran down the sleeves like “You have forgotten yourself,” or something. Lord I would buy 7 for every day of the week.

I’m also obsessed with @wonderfufu, @niawo, @Ramster, and @luifalcone’s art! I love how everyone here has different art styles and aesthetics, I’m looking forward to what we eventually end up with. :black_heart:

62 Likes

Holy crap! Those concepts are awesome! Great work!

For the sake of branding, the words “Samurai of Hyuga” would need to be prominently featured. Unfortunately for the hoodie idea, very few of these print-on-demand shirt companies allow you to have any graphics outside the front and back. Just something to keep in mind.

To everyone: feel free to put forward any idea or preferences you have. I won’t be going forward with anything for awhile, so there’s no big rush!

13 Likes

Umm I don’t draw no more but can we have a half and half shirt like the a picture of the mc but half the face is the spirit animal and other half l the mc face would have the golden eye, and the look of the shirt more powerful than cutesy. Idk how to draw it😥

2 Likes

G̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶r̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶
We were all kids, once…
“Smile, Juu-kun!”

My MC Emiko and Jun! In their early teens or smth :blush:

20 Likes

Mind, Spirit (Stoic) and Jigoku
SOH%20Fanart

16 Likes

A quick sketch of Masashi. <3

28 Likes

Another of masashi and Mc ^^

45 Likes

Some drawings I’ve posted on tumblr before but I wanna share here.

Momoko, Hatch, My Ronin Rei, Masashi, and Toshio

A couple of drawings of my ronin + her firefly spirit

Jun and that one scene with the bar owner

Doodles"

Sorry if this was a lot to post at once!

68 Likes