Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

i dont think its a matter of what you want. What else can your MC do besides the theater, drink the days away but they already have the tickets and nobody but Momoko can go. Plus, iirc and tell me if im wrong, youre going to the theater to get info on saburo since Basho basically outright tells you he is there and he is your final opponent, youre just bringing someone along for the sake of not wasting a ticket and the scene paints it as everyone put their expectations on the MC to choose so it could be said the MC felt as if they had to since they had two tickets.

I think most of us felt that way at one point about Junko. I think we will regret that once we dive into the MCs past.

I don’t know if I’m the first to say this but is jun/ko one of the 6 evil spirits? I fell like if he/she is one of the six she’d be the last :+1::smiley:

1 Like

Well, first of all, I can spend time training or with Masami. Second of all, yes, but it really felt off how…romantic-ish the whole thing felt.

You cant be with Masami because no doubt Toshie would stop you and the MC may interrupt whatever Masami did to improve her shogi. I dont think the training would work for two reasons, you’re very very injured and the shinsengumi are around, thatd most likely end with your MC being dead or arrested. We only want that for Junko turns head toward @MultipleChoice , only for Junko. The whole scene wasnt meant to be romantic for the MC but then Momoko left obvious clues to how she felt so it changed the whole thing. Id like to say it was meant to throw you off, id think it merges you and your MC a bit, both of you felt off about the whole thing.

Wasn’t Bashõ trying to manipulate the events ? Iirc when you invite Hatch, he interrupts you and tells him that he needs him to fix his boat

4 Likes

Personally I believe he was manipulating the ronin all of these time whenever he showed up in a scene.

Still going to torture and kill him slowly though.

2 Likes
Summary

images%20(1)

3 Likes

At the end of the day, there will be situations you can’t get out of. You can’t really expect a game written by one person throughout the course of a year or so to offer you endless possibilities. The plot has to move on and your character will be in situations less than ideal.

I feel the same way everytime I’m forced to interact with Toshio (that massage scene is still traumatizing). I wish there was an option to just send him away, but I’m not going to demand that because obviously, he is an important character that will play an essential role in the story. And so is Momoko. We had to go on that “date” but at least there is always the possibility to decide how your ronin feels about it.

Yes, I think he was manipulating the whole thing. But why would Basho want us to go with Momoko? For the drama? Is he really that bored? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It was to get the to island, and see actor. Momoko was for fun

What if Basho is actually one of the demons that tricked us into killing the other demon? That would be some next level manipulation shit right there.

8 Likes

I think Basho is going to end up being one of the demons… maybe he thought the Baron would take care of the gang and that’s why he helped them get there

Or he might had something to gain from the Baron’s death? From what I assume, all of these demons are working independently with their own end games in mind. Shiroyama wanting to control and corrupt Jijinto with the opium, the Baron with the memories and Shatao with the Emperor and Hyuga.

i dont put it past Basho. Maybe he is the very last demon and we are playing into his hands, who knows. I dont trust him so i assume he will be a large part of the evil we have to stop

3 Likes

What was the MC’s scar from Junko in the Japanese script?

Iirc “obedient child”

67c56451-1ccb-4c99-8baf-d2e7e363aa03 accidentally found this in my reaction gif stash and instantly got reminded of Jun/MC situation.

11 Likes

In samurai of hyuga 3, there a part where you can choose to ask the source of the Hells Release Style and the Sense mentions orphans. Can someone explain?

Basically it is believed as a child when the Sensei found the ronin, the ronin was taught the Hell’s Release style but the price of learning such power was that… The ronin as a orphan killed the others and ate them. However, it isn’t clear how the cannibalism would help one attain the Hell’s Release Style.

4 Likes

I don’t see any mention of cannibalism in the book?

Because it isn’t mentioned just like that. Remember what the Sensei said to the ronin after you pick the option to ask about it, it is heavily implied that it did happen.

4 Likes