Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 Demo

There are a couple of chances to increase observation with choices in chapter 3, but it won’t be enough to get 100%. Observation achievements require Text Input Mode.

For those wondering/worrying about having high observation and deduction, the way they are used will not make significant changes to the story. Observation, for example, will be used like this:

< Observation >
(A paragraph with more details depending on how high your observation is. At high levels, it’s almost like a Sherlock Scan.)

18 Likes

The Sherlock scan is what every good ronin needs so they have better advantage when fighting
Two swordsman with nearly identical skill the one with Sherlock scan has the advantage.
That skill can easly tip the balance of a fight even against better foes in theory

8 Likes

As far as I recall, I know @MultipleChoice didn’t confirmed who the people were in the cover art unless I miss that particular post. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Personally I don’t think they are meant to be any particular character, but rather, a symbolic representation of the player’s MC and their companion/employer.

4 Likes

Book 1, I feel like it’s male MC and Masami.

Book 2, I feel like it’s that actor dude(whatever his name is) and Junko.

Book 3, I also think it might be the Yakuza woman and Toshio.

1 Like

I always assumed the girl on the Book 2 cover was a female MC since they were wearing the hat the MC wears during the shoji tournament

8 Likes

Eh? Didn’t the author say that it was just a cover and the people on the cover weren’t anyone in particular? Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly…:confused:

This made my day especially during Irma at my house thanks loved the demo can’t wait for the game.

5 Likes

Ughh first Nobles of Asguard n now this I’m tempted to click the link n play now but I am waiting for this game to be released only then I will play still…

1 Like

IMG_6354

41 Likes

Book 3 looks like Toshio and female PC. Remember, like Masashi, Tosh is only male if the PC is interested in males. Her hair is also reminiscent of a hairstyle the female PC can choose to wear. I am missing the Jun tattoo though…

1 Like

Exciting stuff! I cannot wait to see this work completed! You, sir have skillz with a Z.

One small remark though, regarding Jun’s encounter with one of the protagonist’s companions.
I do not believe this particular companion would be so forthcoming with information.
She has proven to be cautious, manipulative and intelligent in book 1; she knows the party is being followed, as well as the importance of their mission. IMHO, she would most likely retreat, pivot or attempt to trivialise their relationship as soon as the protagonist’s name would come up.
It would lead to the same result considering Jun’s obsessions, but would be truer to her character IMO.
Thank you for taking the time.

6 Likes

Yay, the continuation of SoH…or at least the demo. :smiley: (Time for me to soon continue the adventures of one MC failing to run away from the power of friendship, all while acting suprisingly noble/heroic and denying it the entire way. :P)

And is it true, will I finally be able to romance Toshie? :smiley: :smiley: I been waiting for that since his character was introduced. Who knew the way to his heart was being a good detective. I mean, he was practically swooning at my “perfect observation/deduction” MC. But potential romance aside, it’s in general so nice to see how far MC has come, regarding the other characters, like for example, going from being prejudiced against Toshie to actually caring.

8 Likes

Just out of curiosity - how large is the demo in comparison to the final release? Is the demo a third of the actual game? Half? Less?

With the demo at about 47,000 words and the full game at 235,000 = 20%. So you can expect five times as much for the full release!

36 Likes

Omg omg!!! Please tell me one big question i haveee!!! Is junko romancable???

4 Likes

Why i have a cake beside my name?!?:scream:

1 Like

Its your account’s birthday on this forum. :slight_smile:

Oooohh thanks!!! Ya another fellow answered me!!! But thank yaa

I will wait for the information on Momoko before buying this one, having your RO die in a CYAO game sucks.

3 Likes