S.C.A.R. (Supernatural Combat and Advancement Research)(WIP)[Update 11/10][NEW POLL 3/17]

Ok, very minor update, so I won’t update the title. But I added in the ability to enter your own race/races and added select able names. Been a while since I coded the game, so I was rusty and had issues for a little bit adding these options in lol.

So to also clear things up in case you are all wondering, the game isn’t dead. I’ve just been lazy as hell lately and haven’t gotten around to updating the story (not many would admit that I bet :rofl:). So I at least added those 2 options in to show you its still kicking.

Also, I’m going to try and continue my other project so I can release a demo of that as well. Its currently on the prologue, but oddly enough I have my ideas for that together more than this. So I should be able to progress more quickly on it up to a certain point. So look forward to that at least. If all goes well, hopefully by the end of next month the demo will be out. Thank you all for your patience and I hope you continue to stick with me.

13 Likes

Yooooo it’s me again lol, I’m still here and don’t rush man stories take time and u probably have a life to take care of too so just try ur best still love the first demo of this game can’t wait till it’s done but don’t rush take ur time

2 Likes

I have some bad news, I haven’t had much time available this month so far to work on the other demo. I almost finished the prologue before free time became scarce. But haven’t made progress since.

I work on the coding as well as the story on my desktop. But am too tired to work on them with what little free time I have. So I decided since I can’t work on those, since they’re on my desktop, I’d start using my tablet at work during breaks to start the story for another idea I had.

That way at least another of my ideas can take shape and I can add another demo to the mix. Not sure how much progress I’ll make using a tablet, but its better than nothing. And if I’m able I’ll work on the other demo when I can as well.

Please continue to bare with me and your patience will be rewarded with not one but two other demos in the hopefully near future.

11 Likes

This looks cool, I like the supernatural stuff though so of course it will appeal to me~

1 Like

I really like it seems like a really good idea and when I went through a necromancer the game played really well

1 Like

I’m glad you two like them. I also have an status update on my progress as well as some hopefully good information for you all. I told you all I was working on 2 other demos and that the 2nd had to be done on my tablet. Well here’s some unexpected good news. While outlining, etc the 2nd demo, I had a burst of inspiration for one of my ideas that was on the back burner. I mean they just started flowing, so I was logging the various ideas in my head so that I could begin coding the first chance I got. Flowing up to at least the prologue and chapter 1 ideas. I recently had time this past weekend to do some coding so I started working on the now 3rd demo. Here is a list of the progress for each one, including S.C.A.R.

S.C.A.R
Prologue: Temporarily stalled until other demos are released.

Demo #1
Prologue: 75%ish

Demo #2
No coding done, strictly just data on my tablet; outline, rough ideas, etc

Demo #3
Prologue: 30%ish

While I won’t give out any details about the stories for these 3 demos, I can tell you they are all Supernatural based stories. And to the best of my knowledge, unique. At the very least in terms of the MC. After I finish chapter one of demo #3, I’ll post here for you all to play.

Then I’m gonna get some coding done on Demo #2, though this one will be different in terms of release. This story will have 3 origin stories to choose from and the story you choose will place you on that specific stories path. So once I finish the origin prologue for each one, I’ll post it for you all. From there each story will have their own chapters. This game will essentially be 3 stories in one game. This one will probably take the longest to get a demo, so I may just finish up the prologue and chapter 1 for Demo #1 and post that instead if this one seems to be lagging.

Hopefully this information was good for you all. And thank you for your patience and hopefully Demo #3 will be public before too long. Hopefully by the end of next week if all goes well, maybe sooner.

8 Likes

Ok some good news and bad news. Good news is I finished the prologue, it is currently at 42,799 words including code, according to notepad+. The bad news is I haven’t started on chapter 1 yet so it for sure won’t be ready by the end of this week. It may take some time to complete since that chapter will have action and your stats will definitely influence the outcomes of that chapter. Basically different outcomes based on your stats. Of course to code that, it will take some time.

So my question to you all is this. Do you want me to post the demo with just the prologue, or wait until chapter 1 is done since that is a major part of the story? I’m going to put up a poll here and leave it open until sometime Sunday and whether I post it or not will depend on the results.

• Post the demo even though its just the prologue.
  • Wait until Chapter 1 is done.

0 voters

5 Likes

I always love sci-fi/fantasy combos. This is a great start so far! :grin:

3 Likes

Very interesting read,I like it

1 Like

Wow some of the races are really brutal. Like the Nephilim with devouring the soul and the Necromancer.
By the way why can only female characters do the explosion spell that is kinda like Megumin?

3 Likes

Bingo!! Finally someone mentioned an Easter egg I talked about in the OP. :rofl: I even had the spell cost all mana to make it more like her lol.

2 Likes

So that was a reference to a anime
I wish i knew that and i watch the anime too and that went over my head😆

Yup, all the Easter eggs I put are from animes and if I remember correctly I think the witch has most if not all of them.

By the way why can’t you beat down the guards there if you could beat the bully who was like 3 times your size that easily?

Oh the MC could, but then they’d have to face the repercussions and those can be quite…severe if not fatal. Just like in the military, even if your CO and superiors are pieces of shit you can’t stand and would love to beat down, if you did so you can bet terrible things would happen go you, even being neutralized.

They’ve been instilled that from the beginning and for the most part won’t physically retaliate against them. At least not at thus point in the story. Besides there are others in charge there that the MC wouldn’t stand a chance against at this point in time, its out if fear of them that they fall in line, mostly.

After a few years could you slaughter all the guards? Also what if all the kids rebel, won’t they win?

Not after a few years, but sometime in the future of the storyline. Without giving away too much spoilers, later on there will be a choice to stay or escape/defect. It’s during the storyline of the escape/defect path that killing guards is an option.

As for the other kids rebelling, they won’t win. After all they’re kids. The supernatural enforcers there would kill them with a flick of the wrist. They could kill human guards, but that’s it.

3 Likes

Damn, those execution were BRUTAL, each power sets is really cool too , really cool short demo

can’t wait to see where it goes from here

1 Like

If you though that the Nephilim eating the soul was brutal, try and see how it goes when the Nephilim decide to just kill him

1 Like

@Otaku_King, please let me know when and if you want this topic reopened.