Rise

Wow… That’s probably the most blatantly and unrepentantly sexist reason for not having a female option I’ve ever seen on here. Congrats. I assume you’re thinking of the “women in refrigerators” phenomenon of female characters (particularly Kyle Rayner’s girlfriends) to be killed off not to drive their own stories but to give the male characters around them a reason for character development. You seem to be subconsciously channeling this trope… At least I hope so. Otherwise you’re just being sexist. There’s nothing wrong with not having a specific sex as an option if that’s what you feel is right, but it seems like you could come up with a much better reason than that. I mean, as you pointed out right after you gave that reason, there are several examples that prove you wrong. Also, how about the big blatantly obvious one, Wonder Woman.

Wouldn’t any vigilante have the possibility of getting killed, sex notwithstanding?

Also, Crimefighter Girl (real-life example).

Edit: Actually maybe she doesn’t count seeing as she co-operated with the police.

@Shoelip Is Wonder Woman a vigalante? And she’s a Amazonian/super-hero.

@mistylavenda If you stop to think about it (and are talking about strictly about typical stereotypes), men would be more likely to get killed then women. Men (stereotypically) are more aggressive and more willing to get into fights then women. In a modern day setting, ‘a fight’ against criminals oftentimes means guns. So, it goes to reason that male vigilantes are more likely to get themselves shot their female counterparts (and that’s ignoring the fact that women are predisposed to be better shots then men when it comes to a firefight in the first place).

Hm, men are also usually larger targets.

@Shintaro Super-hero is just a nicer name for comic book vigilantes. She’s certainly more “super” than Question or Batwoman but that doesn’t make the fact that she fights crime without a badge any more legal.

@shoelip have to agree with you a little about the sexist thing an a small problem is i like naming my character an hero it makes me feel more connected but this game is HELLA fun

I felt the game was rushed deffenently not my favorite game hear but it’s alright.

That was really sexist by the way not that’s it’s any of our buissnes

@Shoelip Uh, no. A super-hero is simply a heroic figure with something that makes them more powerful. The members of the Fantastic Four are super-heroes, but not vigilantes. Nowadays vigilante means more of a batman figure; someone who stalks, watches, etc. And Wonder Woman’s not really a good example of a woman who can take care of herself in this case, as the character in the game has no powers.

GODDAMNIT!!!ITWASFAKE!!!HEDIDNTHAVETOANSWER!!!HESNOTBEINGSEXIST!!!HESCHANNELINGTHETROPE!!!

@Shintaro A vigilante is someone who attempts to enforce “Justice” without the legal authority to do so. Doesn’t matter how they do it. If you want a woman without superpowers I’ve already pointed out Batwoman and The Question after 52, and there’s also Catwoman, Silk Specter 1 and 2. Really there’s no point in even listing all these women since the whole argument against them is just blatant sexism…

@Zed Caps lock is cruise control for cool!!!1one

YOU FORGOT THE MOST “LOVABLE” VIGILANTE OF ALL!!! RORSCHACH!!!

Rorschach isn’t female, and he dies. Not much use on a list pointing out how wrong the notion that female vigilante’s always die is…

Batgirl got her spine broken, so half kill! Enough with this argument. Talk about the game.

i was just saying that…Stephanie Brown (Spoiler) Died

ENOUGH!!!

But Then she came back to life…

Imma let you finish but Cassandra Cain is the best Bat Family member OF ALL TIME. She even surpassed Batman. Let that sink.

Katherine Kane… The Batwoman. She got stabbed in the heart as part of a human sacrifice, but she got over it.

And yeah, they couldn’t even kill Barbara Gordon. She got crippled so she became a super hacker and eventually formed her own super team.

*yelling in a dramic tone* Damn itt!! When will this war ever end?!??!

came across an error, line 166: bad label