Rise to Power (Working Title) (Chapter 1 WIP, 20% Done!)

This is gonna be one of the most popular games on this site.

I’m so glad it’s not fantasy lol

Absolute Truth. I’m really excited for this game, the idea is completly original, the writting is turning out great, plus the fact that the lenght and detail / complexity of the game seems very promissing. I’m loving it.

I do think the new Followers game might be better then it but I have hopes that this will make second.

looking forward too see more of it

In case you couldn’t tell, the main week is not a time when I particularly have a lot of free energy to spare for not-school stuff, so I wasn’t able to get much (or anything, really) done these past couple of days!

I will attempt to put my nose back to the grindstone this weekend, though!

2 Likes

@jacklyn044 don’t feel the need to justify your writting pace. Every single person in this board understands that you have other things that need to be done. We are here because this is turning out a really great game and I believe that I voice everyone’s opinion when I say that you can take all the time you need to get it done right, when you finish it we will be here to help fixing bugs and to buy it. Because if there are games that deserve it, this one is most clearly one of them.

In Portugal (maybe in the US too, I don’t know) there is a saying that translated becomes something like this: “going slow you get far”. And that definitively applies to your case. So just take your time, you are making an amazing game that deserves to be done with calm.

1 Like

I have to get to my real life job today, but I’ve done some stuff this morning for you folks!

First of all, charisma will now affect how much money you get from raising donations.

Secondly, financial skill can help with getting discounts when purchasing ads.

Thirdly, the start of the debate and the election day have been done up! It’s not much more than we had before, but I’ll try to finish both up once I return from work.

2 Likes

@jacklyn044 I’m really liking where this is going! If you need any help with anything at all (be it small writing blurbs or someone to edit art for chapters or the title page, feel free to come to me)

Yes, i totally agree with you @ruhenri, i’d prefer to wait for a long time and have a satisfying, well written and smooth game rather than rushing the writer and then getting a sloppy and poor quality writing.
@jacklyn044 Just keep up your work and know that we all support you and will happily give you feed back whenever you are ready to add any new contents

1 Like

I got one more bug. If MC asks repeatedly for campaign funds to his party, he will receive money everytime he asks for. I asked 4 times, and received money all of those times.

1 Like

might mean your more and more in there pocket for borrowing all that cash? or it is a bug then nvm

1k clicks on my link already

good lord

EDIT: I’m still not 100% done with the local elections yet, but the debate is coming along swimmingly (check it out if you have time and want to run through everything again to get to it) as is the embezzlement prosecution (although most players will likely never encounter that). I should have the elections finished either tonight or tomorrow, and then we can move onto the actual fun part of serving on the city council, and all the stuff that comes with that.

EDIT2: The debate is finished, as is the embezzlement prosecution. To be honest, I’m suffering from a bit of fatigue after working on this so extensively for the past week, on top of all the other regular life stuff, so I’m going to be taking a short break and come back to it in a few days once I’m rested up, rejuvenated, and ready to do some more devving!

Feel free to play through what’s there, give me suggestions for ways to improve what I have, and to deliver reports on any bugs you might find! Thanks again for all the help with this game so far, guys!

4 Likes

OMG! Hidden Agenda is an MASTERPIECE.

So bad it is underrated…

I also like Peace Maker, is a game just like Hidden Agenda but so much modern!

1 Like

Rest well Ma’am!

Let the boys Catch some Buggies for ye!

1 Like

can’t play hidden agenda OR tFloor 13… Damn thing runs on some Dos thing or something.

You should use dosbox for them. It’s pretty easy to use. And even more so if you’ve actually had to play msdos games before :smiley:

1 Like

yeah found that thing, i managed to play Floor 13 so thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Yep.

I still got my Dosbox emulator. Is my little piece of heavem be able to play Age of Empires, Dune II and other classics in my computer/laptop/tablet ^^

1 Like

Age of Empires… great game. It was my first game of strategy… I still play it (Age of Empires 2), despite the simplicity of the graphics (in comparison to today’s standards) it is really enjoyable. Strategy at its best.

Maybe as for the epilogue, it’s you on your deathbed giving your view on your life and your last wishes?