Revel- A W.I.P

It’s because I feel like I’m missing something that I am asking.
Also I am a notorious procrastinator. :stuck_out_tongue:
Though don’t worry I am properly working on the game, I just need to type it up.

Usagi !_!

It should depend on the choices, as others said.

@SengokuKronos
I would suggest not jumping straight into a huge project since your are so new to the coding. I would suggest writing a smaller project to get your feet wet and to get a feel for the coding.

The prose or writing of the project is the single most important piece of a story obviously, beacuse its the words. However when I was first starting out I was too focused on trying to get the code right and really couldn’t focus on the writing and making the story dynamic and interesting.

When I write a slate of game. I go about it like this.

1. Write the basic frame that includes basic ideas of writing or what I want to convey through words and all the code.
  2. I go back through and pretty much re-write all the prose and make it smooth.
  3. Go back and play it through the browser to make everything is looking good and get all the spacing right and finally spellcheck.

This takes longer but will improve the story drastically.
-Matt

The funny thing is @mattnoles even though I know this project will be pretty big, this is the small idea. Though I will keep your advice in mind, I am currently not focusing to much on code as I cannot use the computer as of now. I am workiing on the story and choices, but on paper for now. When I have enough for a demo I will get down to coding it. In the meantime I am having some writers block and am only able to write one sentence a day, what should I do?

Usagi !_!

Set a timer for 15 minutes. Then write for that time, do not worry about if it is good or bad. Do not self edit, just write. When the timer goes off take 5 minute break, then do it again. When you are done you can go back and edit.

@Lordirish
I am will have to give that timer idea a go.
@SengokuKronos
To let me write for just hours on end, I have to be really excited about what I am writing about to get me inspired. This usually means watching a movie on the topic I am writing about. For example for ‘Legions of Rome’ I usually watch “The Eagle” or “Centurion” and probably will have to watch “Gladiator” again.

After watching a movie or reading a really cool book that makes me excited, I can literally sit down for hours on end and just write write write and write some more.

Bumping this up as I am still working on this

BUNNEH!!!

My bunny!!

Usagi !_!

Nao Mai bunneh >:-)

:wink:

Meant todo evil face

:slight_smile: My bunny!!!

Usagi !_!

NAO YOU STOLE MAI EVIL FACE

Is there going to be a link when you’re done?

i remember this!!! where did you goooo!!! i wanted to play this but alas no

Nice rhyming King

Yes I am still working on this and there will be a link when I have enough that when you turn the page it won’t be over… -_-

hmm sounds interesting enough

Yeah but I understood that some of my ideas wouldn’t work, so I had to start over. -_-’