Replica: between universes (WIP, intro ch9, ch2 edit 12/07/22)

Glad you like it!
And I’ll replay it while hunter, I love the little details and nuances you’ve added for male vs female MC + actual consequences to your actions in the story. It’s probably my favourite WIP on here up to date. Keep up the good work, but don’t burn yourself out!

1 Like

Oh, you shouldn’t apologiese at all, I am mainly standing in fire and complaining that it is hot. But I do truly enjoy it.

5 Likes

I think it was when Asher comes to talk to the MC after his freak out. If I run through it again, I’ll take a screencap so you can see it.

So I’m guessing that means there’s no path to a “happy” ending with Asher unless the MC decides to kill all the replicas and commit suicide? Well, that wouldn’t be happy but at least Asher would freaking hate the MC. It’s just weird because my MC has a 100% relationship with Asher halfway through chapter 8, and Asher is stable. But it still all goes to hell.

Since you put it our there, I’m gonna ask… if there’s only one sunshine rainbow ending (and apparently the rest are depressing), is there any way to get this with a replica savior MC and Asher as the LI?

I really love this whole premise, and you are really good at characterization and storytelling, but I just can’t do endless angst and bad endings. There’s enough depressing shit in real life–I don’t want it in my entertainment.

And unfortunately, the only RO that holds any interest for me as a reader is Asher, and given that I know there can be no “happy” ending if the MC is freaking dead at the end, that leaves the savior route, but if there’s no way to get any sort of happy ending with Asher, I would like to know now so I don’t end up bitter and put you on my shitlist for eternity. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

i- reading all of this scared me considering i was actually thinking of romancing asher. i will pray for my poor mc’s heart and maybe ill just stick to hanual.

4 Likes

Don’t worry Chani! It would be a happy ending for Asher, for he wouldn’t remember any of that ever happening,

3 Likes

Oh, that is so much better. :expressionless: Not only does the MC sacrifice herself for the world, but the love of her life doesn’t even remember her…

2 Likes

@TacitLiar Ahw, thank you :smiley: I have tried to acknowledge LGBT stuff if your gender is the same as your ROs- only with Ha and Ash so far, as I like details like that in other games as well c:

@EvilChani I’m gonna keep my mouth shut- but. Ye. There is one happy ending you can get, whether you’re a replica hunter or savior. For you and the team, both. It’s a bit tricky on how you can get this though. I’m spoiling way too much so gonna try and actually shut up. BUT if all hope is lost. Hm. Well. Maybe take a look into the About section within the stats screen for anything sus…? I really need to have a ‘spoiler jar’ for myself.

I know how it feels to get endless bad endings by having played some IF games myself when younger, on this site. It all really does look hopeless- but it’ll be okay :'D

@Aleksa100 I’m genuinely putting these silly little breather scenes in between to tune down on the angst every once in a while- but I feel like I might be making stuff worse, somehow, by doing so x) It’s fine though- I’ve planned some stuff out to extinguish the fire a bit, in chapter 9.

Yea I need a spoiler jar on my table.

6 Likes

Anytime ol’ chap! Glad that I could help you out with a trifle! : )

1 Like

No you don’t! Being a spoiler whore around the CoG forums is like being in hell because everyone caters to the spoiler-phobes. So I really appreciate even the hints.

I just checked the stats screen, and feel slightly better. Asher is stable with a 100% relationship, Hanual is content with 97%, Flynn is trusting at 86%, Ame is humane (not so high in the relationship), and Lily is loyal at 99%. So I think things with the team are going about as well as they can.

And my MC is pretty okay, I think? She’s got 71% bold, 80% sarcastic (yeah she’s a smartass), 66% emotional, 83% observant, 35% knowledge (that may not be so good) and 0% insane. That’s around mid-chapter 8 (before the Clue game, which was fun!).

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance. Chapter 8 was just such a downer at the end that I was giving up hope for anything good! (not to mention I thought my MC was dead!)

No, I don’t think it’s making stuff worse with the breather scenes. The Clue game was my favorite part of chapter 8, and without it, I’m not sure I would’ve made it through the chapter!

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick fix. But sorry to bother you again but it seems the small faces when I click show character description still don’t invert on black

1 Like

I think your MC and mine are twins or replicas maybe - the relationships are exactly the same but mine hit 100% sarcastic (I just couldn’t resist) and is 4% insane. She’s also suffering that Asher is not very happy with the whole savior thing. But I have a gleam of hope that she will find this one happy ending. With Asher, please!
Also I just noticed that all of my saves are suddenly broken and they all lead to the start of chapter 8. I guess @FireFlyy updated something. Well, time to get depressed and frustrated again :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

A teeny tiny update: tiny bug fixing here and there of some scenes not getting triggered or triggering the wrong dialogue in chapter 8- along with minor grammar fixes here and there throughout the entirety of the book. I am planning to have my next update be a small rewrite of chapters 1 and 2, actually- nothing too major, but as it has been literal years since I touched these chapters, I want to change some small details up that are not relevant anymore due to the change in overall plot that happened after them and, of course, general writing and grammar which is a bit messy, still, there.

@lo6otia ah, I actually did D: I just realized recently how ones’ save gets thrown back to the start of the chapter when an update happens right when you are reading through the chapter. Hope you’ll enjoy it though :smiley: or. Somewhat. As most people seem to be in agony and pain c:

@Big_fan1231 Thanks for letting me know! Yea I forgot about that one, but I updated it again with the fix!

edit: actually having those icons white looks ugly as hell. I’ll look into a more… appealing fix for that again- later :’)

8 Likes

No worries, I like agony and pain. And angst. And depression. Also suffering, impossible choices, bittersweet endings and so on. At the end that’s what makes the experience memorable, right? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Maybe instead of an outline have the image be a white circle with the icon in black

1 Like

No matter which choice I pick on this page, I get this error, the only difference being the line number.

1 Like

@Big_fan1231 actually looks much better now- thanks for the advice :smiley:
@Infinite_Drane Huh. I tested the game for bugs and this doesn’t show any- and played through the few chapters myself to check if I got the error and still nothing… and I was not able to find anything suspicious at these lines. Are you perhaps playing on an old save?

Happy to help

Ughhh. What was I thinking making Asher my main boy :weary: That ending crushed me and my MC. Literally.

10 Likes

Yeah, it was really painful. I wish I had waited for the next chapter, because ending on that was a downer. I’m hoping things turn around soon. Otherwise, my MC will just be all for ending herself and being done with it.

7 Likes

What to do to prevent this choice from being blocked?

Btw:

1 Like