Replica: between universes (WIP, intro ch9, ch2 edit 12/07/22)

@Cingulum_diaboli I’m sorry for the late reply! You need 60 observant there. I may have forgotten to specify that, and it has been ages since I released that chapter. Thank you for the screenshots! I’ll try and fix them sometime soon.

This might be a bug. For Hazel/Hanual, confused is bolded instead of content in the stats screen. This is the least credible bug but I feel like I should at least put it out here if it is a bug.

There’s also a bug here where it states two actions in the recap. The jumped out of it with your candelabra and the stayed hidden in it.

Also just noticed this misspelling of quiet. At least that’s what I think you were going for.

In my game Asher/Ashley is a girl and in this instance it’s using he’ll instead of she’ll

3 Likes

Honestly; that doesn’t sound much better than him freaking out abt the MC choosing to side with the replicas; is there actually no path with Asher accepting or at least tolerating them?

4 Likes

Best.Game.Ever.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to say this but the writing is pretty painful to read. I’m neither a writer nor a native English speaker but the grammar, punctuation marks and capitalization being all over the place turned me off so fast.

The concept is interesting and the word count is impressive but the quality? Not so much…

However, I applaud your dedication and wish you the best on your WIP :>

5 Likes

@boobear_o thanks for giving the story a try c: I’m not a native English speaker either and the grammar is very much all over the place, especially in the first few chapters as those were written a very long time ago. I’m working on rewriting said chapters and fix some of its’ structure to improve this (along with the general onboarding), but also will be on the lookout for proof and/or beta readers once this is done who can help fixing my mess up.

3 Likes

I’m an editor irl if you ever want someone to run through those chapters and fix the grammar for you! Been following your WIP for awhile, so I’d be more than happy to help! :smiley:

5 Likes

@RhysGraveDigger ohhh, I’ll keep that in mind c: thank you for the offer!!

Edited and slightly improved chapter 1

Here with a small update c:

Not a new chapter update (yet) sadly, but I have been working on the rewrite of earlier chapters as the plot has been evolving beyond what I first had planned. So thus, the slightly-improved chapter 1 update!

So in short, what you can expect in this small rewrite:

• additional choices to form your MC
  • additional interactions with Ha
  • additional scenes going through stat checks
  • general rewrite of individual bits of lines and dialogues
  • edited by @RhysGraveDigger :smiley:

That’s about it I think. Nothing too exciting, other than having a cleaned-up onboarding chapter now, hehe.

34 Likes

Rewrites are always exciting for the simple reason that it means more goodness has been added to something already good :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Ohgod that’s such a nice and simple way of putting it, thanks;-;

4 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

This is one of my favourite story so far :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

2 Likes

Doubled paragraph. This happens a few times but considering the non-perfect pacing of the text and all I’ve left that without screening but this one I’m certain a bug

1 Like

I never read this before and must say that was one of the best WIPs that I ever read on this forum. It’s amazing. In my opinion, the first part already has the potential to be published as a Hosted Games book.
Sadly I think I choose the angstiest route :smiling_face_with_tear: with Asher as RO and choosing to protect the replicas since the beginning. I’m a little traumatized. And sad. Especially sad. I’m gonna try Flynn’s next.

6 Likes

I found a few open code errors, capitalization, and pronoun issues. The one with two red circles is because the comma is in the wrong place.

1 Like

I’ve decided to hunt and kill Replicas, which turned out to be also killing myself and my sis, which was a bummer. On the other hand I’m trying to romance Amethyst and she’s just the cutest and with saddest backstory. I’m sucker for these alien girls.

2 Likes

Behold, crawling back from my grave for another small update.

Edited and improved chapter 2, intro to chapter 9

that. First of all- thank you all for waiting… the patience, and the people who have been reading and enjoying RBU despite the long hiatuses still T_T It’s been a while- but it’s summer break now. Which means uh. A lot of sitting around and doing nothing so got a ton of spare time (finally) to work on personal projects and have fun. And relax. So here you go.

What you can expect in this update:

• more pictures!
  • intro screen with settings
  • experimental settings and options
  • trigger warnings
  • edited and improved chapter 2! (thanks to @RhysGraveDigger - hero)
  • intro to chapter 9! Will expand upon this and update it again with more choices. The entire chapter has been outlined, only thing I gotta do is writing now. Hopefully will get this done before the end of summer break!!

Now- back I go into my grave again… bye!

55 Likes

Yaaaaay I’m so happy :partying_face:

Hey dear author before you go back to the grave could you please fix the save slots? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I thought I had fixed that T_T aight give me a minute