Replica: between universes (WIP, intro ch9, ch2 edit 12/07/22)

@RenataC Fixed it! I hope

2 Likes

Itā€™s fixed now, thank you. :star_struck:

1 Like

Sweet, an update! Iā€™ve been keeping an eye on this, since I love the story so much, and am glad to see you have time to work on it over your summer break. A lot of people have been dying for more of this, and for good reason!

That said, Iā€™m not going to play it for nowā€“the past year has been shit, and Iā€™ve had all the angst, trauma, and misery I can deal with for a while, and canā€™t really deal with it from my entertainment for a while without knowing things will get better. So for you Asher-mancers out there, if you see things getting happier (and he stops hating on the MC constantly), or the story gets to a point where itā€™s not a constant exercise in depression and angst, lemme know and I will play. Otherwise, Iā€™m just going to see what other people say and steer clear.

1 Like

@EvilChani thank you! And. Thats very understandable. This chapter is going to be a light one- or bit more on the bittersweet side depending on past choices made. Think of it as the characters being shell shocked a bit and realizing how they need to take a step back and slow down. Need to give yā€™all (and myself) a breather after continuous angst hah ;-;

Theres not a lot of new content right now though so dont worry about that D: going to do a ton more writing, just managed to push through the first few pages for chapter 9 as a. Tiny appetizer. A trailer for chapter 9 as a whole. So more reading than making meaningful choices.

7 Likes

I had to do that for The One Chosen for awhile sometime back. Sometimes stories just hit different when you take them a bite at a time as a WIP instead of all at once as a published work. Or just have to be craving a certain vibe at that moment.

3 Likes

Yes, we definitely need that! And so do youā€“I donā€™t know how you approach writing, but I let my characters ā€œuseā€ me (so to speak) to tell the story, so if thereā€™s too much pain, I end up having to step away because it exhausts me emotionally.

Yeah, exactly. I love this story (and love the characters even moreā€“Asher and lilā€™ sis are two of my faves from anything I have played so far!), so I want to keep up with it and see what everyone says about it and where itā€™s going/headed. Right now, though, Iā€™m just not able to deal with things that feel hopeless and overly angsty. Iā€™ve never been ā€œintoā€ angst, really, and love this IF despite that, but unless I know I can get a happy ending right now and have some positive vibes, I just need to steer clear of playing it myself.

So people who play need to share details!

1 Like

Welcome baccclk auuuthhoorr ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Welcome backšŸ•

2 Likes

I understand how you feel. Not for this story, but when I read A Mage Reborn for the first time, I cried for hours. I didnā€™t progress in the story after my mage died, because I was so sad that I didnā€™t care for all that happened after. Still hurts when I think about it. To be honest, I donā€™t think I will ever read it again.

Yeees give to your poor characters a break, they deserve :heart_eyes:

Oh no

For me in The One Chosen was the scenes with the ā€œstepfatherā€ and the dog, was the same to you? These were heavy, I had to stop and take a breath after read.

4 Likes

Nah (though the MCā€™s experience in that foster home was brutal!) it was a ways in during a time when the MC has intentionally been knocked out of the spotlight for a bit. It works well as a low point for the character when the story is read all at once, as it only lasts for like half a chapter, but as an update it can be a bummer of a cliffhanger. Unavoidable with forum WIPs, though; you canā€™t just skip over the sad parts in the writing process.

2 Likes

@FireFlyy congratulations on the update and itā€™s good to see that youā€™re alive and kicking :joy_cat::smiling_imp::smirk_cat:

4 Likes

Is this on hiatus? Cant find any info on tumblr

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: author i will keep waiting for you! This still remains in to my top reads :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

so intrested i absolutely interested

Life happened! Havent gotten around for a proper update but it is more or less on a hiatus right now indeed. Many apologies for the lack of update and silence, gonna try and write up a proper status update soon !

17 Likes

hey, you are still alive! Thats an accomplishment nowadays!

Alsoā€¦

Here is a fond memory of when you miss writing! Shaaaaaaaane and his ā€˜Canā€™t tell you! Spoilers!ā€™ :rofl:

13 Likes

I saw this pop up again and I was like ā€œIs it December already?ā€ But i forgot about metric dates. :joy:

2 Likes

hope this game continues! But donā€™t rush yourself! We are all patient.

@TaysukiSensei
I am writing very little every so often- pretty much on a hiatus until life stops happening u.u but hopefully will be getting there at one point! I know it has been reeeeeally long since the last update, because iā€™m trying not to turn it into a job! A proper update will be written for this on the tumblr page sometime this week

17 Likes

Nice work, but I mean I have to ask, Is there a happy end with Ash?

2 Likes