Relics 3: Ashes for Gold UPDATED 15th October, Final Update, see Post 741 for details

It’s a bad idea to make a deal with a dragon, but it can also be a bad idea to just straight up reject a dragon’s deal to their face.

Basically, once a dragon takes notice of your existence you’ve already lost.

5 Likes

Some of you weren’t in Dunkelzahn’s will and it shows.

4 Likes

If you are afraid of wolves, keep out of the woods.

A little dramatic. They’re not invulnerable.
Dunkelzahn and Feuerschwinge are examples.

Isn’t that the point of role playing?

To be cautious or selfish and reckless.
To suffer the consequences of your greediness or naivety.
To make profits off of someone’s misery or to walk away with clear conscience.

2 Likes

So, like I said, I’ll probably never get to play TT Shadowrun for lack of a group for it, but I like tinkering with systems and have read the Shadowrun rulebook, and I’m not sure I understood how some stuff is supposed to work. Mind if I DM you with the occasional question?

1 Like

Sure, although I only know 5th Edition and Shadowrun Anarchy, so if you have queries about other versions (including the current Sixth World iteration) I prob won’t know the answers!

4 Likes

@Schliemannsghost – is this passion project going to be a CS scripted game?

I might be oblivious to what was said or indicated, but I don’t remember it being explicit anywhere.

2 Likes

Yes, it will be.

5 Likes

More details on Neon Fire here:

12 Likes

vibrates excitedly

Request for whenever somebody says any variation of “this is going to be easy” to go “we’re fricked, aren’t we?”. Not only is there no such thing as a milk run, the jobs that most look like milk runs are always the ones that go extremely sideways, or possibly upside down.

Like, I want a character that responds to ‘simple’ missions with “well, we’re doomed” and to statedly nigh-impossible missions with, “hah, we got this, easy”, and everyone thinks they’re insane for the first 5-10 jobs before realising they’re absolutely right.

EDIT: Also, Mitsuhama, this is REALLY gonna hurt. Well, at least it isn’t the Azzies.

6 Likes

Thank you. Very interesting. Now I will wait for more information about our sibling, a crew and some s̴̥̜̗̮̤͌̂h̷̫͓̺̊̃̿ą̶̮̪̜̍̃̈͘͝d̵͙̘̒y̴̨̱̪̤̽ stuff.

Decker (can do cool hacky shit)

fuk yeah! My datajack is ready

1 Like

Have you decided on the class distribution for the runners in Tokyo? Cuz I really like Hong Kong where I got to be the objectively best and forever favorite class of everyone (mage) without feeling redundant wrt a crew member. So I like the fact that the prologue setup reflects that but what about Tokyo?

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry. I have a whole Azzie-centric mission planned. There’s plenty of room for them to get involved too!

Basically, three of the core Shadowrun tenets are “never deal with a dragon”, “there’s no such thing as a milk-run”, and “don’t fuck with the Azzies”. I plan to have missions which illustrate the wisdom of all three of these maxims!

As for team balance, I’m afraid that one of your new Neo-Tokyo pals (Crowley) will be a mage. You can always just leave them behind and never take them on runs with you, I guess!

9 Likes

Oh shit a dragon! I’m so excited and hyped for this. At first I wanted to follow the tradition and make a dwarven mage but with the background, I think a disgraced former lone star detective who is also a shaman sounds dope, using spirits to solve cases and such. If there is a dark academia background though I might roll up a mage.

2 Likes

Some AI-generated Neon Fire chapter headers:

14 Likes

5 Likes

I really like those. What ai did you use?

1 Like

“Never deal with a Dragon”? What was that?

1 Like

Its a shadowrunner maxim in which you shouldn’t touch dragons even with a 10 ft pole because if you do, your life is basically over.

5 Likes

Dragons in the setting of Shadowrun have a tendency to screw over those who they make deals with not every time mind you but enough that they have a reputation for it especially among Shadowrunners

2 Likes

Fret not, fellow runner! The maxims are just guidelines, not rules.

1 Like