"Relics of the Lost Age" Post-Release Discussion Thread

Hello! So, since Relics of the Lost Age came out today, thought it might be a good idea to create a thread in case anybody wants to discuss it in its released form! Please put any thoughts, reactions, complaints, compliments, suggestions or queries here, and I’ll do my best to get back to you. Happy digging!

39 Likes

First of: Congratulations with the release!! :purple_heart:

I can’t wait to finally play the finished story. But I’ll have to, as I’m too tired to do so right now.

8 Likes

Is there a reason the content warnings are shown on two subsequent pages?

1 Like

I’m so excited to get started playing! I love your game already. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Oh, that’s not happening for me! I checked both the demo and the Steam version, and I only get the content warnings once. Which version are you playing?

1 Like

iOS.

Oh, I can’t test that version. I’ll pass it on to my COG contact and let them know that’s happening. Thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

In case that’s also important to the issue: the line ”All artwork by Michael Chang” appears on the second page, but not the first. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s here, hooray! I’m watching Raiders of the Lost Ark in celebration tonight :tada:

I did notice there’s no longer an option to dance with Johnny Wu at the ball in chapter six, it’s not a big deal but I’m just checking that was a deliberate edit, and not a bug? I always saw it as the consolation for putting up with Maria beforehand.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s deliberate. Basically, the copy-editor made the (entirely correct) observation that dancing sexily with someone without asking their consent is pretty shady, especially since there’s a chance you might end up doing it with Sam in that scene, who’s your student! So I thought it would be best to remove that moment. Sorry, Johnny fans!

2 Likes

Glad to know I’m not the only one who isn’t exactly enamoured with her :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I do hope the editor didn’t have any objections to the scene in the ball where she calls you… A peinabombillas, I think? I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean but it amused me to no end the first time around. :joy:

5 Likes

Source: The Art Of Swearing In Spanish (babbel.com) . Point seven. Someone who combs light-bulbs, which apparently means a person who is very dumb.

2 Likes

Hi would love to play. Android link dont work :frowning: hope to play it next time :3

No worries, that makes sense considering Sam.

My Spillane still has questionable taste, but only likes the second-shadiest RO, not the absolute shadiest! Haha…

That is a delightfully creative insult though, and I feel better for knowing it exists.

2 Likes

That’s strange. The Android link worked for me just now.

1 Like

It took me far too long to realize this, but I feel like this is sort of the good version of to the City of the Clouds, 8 1/4 years later.

4 Likes

I never read that one! I didn’t even realize that it was archaeology-themed. I’ll definitely read it now!

4 Likes

Just notice I emphasized that it was the “good” version…

2 Likes

Gettin’ mah first reviews on the App Store. A full three of the five text ones so far are just ragging on me because the game includes “they” pronouns, and saying things like “YOU ARE EITHER A MAN OR A WOMAN!!!” Sheesh, what a world…

30 Likes

Ignore them there are always cry babies when it comes to this sort of thing

6 Likes