Relics 3: Ashes for Gold UPDATED 15th October, Final Update, see Post 741 for details

The metahuman detention stuff gets repealed by a new emperor in 2062, and I’m setting my story after that date, so there are non-humans in Japan but there’s still a lot of tension around it. You’ll be able to play as human, dwarf, elf, ork or troll.

10 Likes

So I finished the character creation part of the game today, and I posted some character sheets I made in-game on Tumblr, in case anyone wants to see what a character sheet will look like in Neon Fire:

13 Likes

Cannot wait to spend several hours in character creation and end up with a human street samurai speced into rifles and explosives, like every other time I have played Shadowrun. This time I’ll really break the mold and maybe go for a robot arm.

4 Likes

You get to play as fabulous elves and all you want to be is a normie human?!?! tsk tsk tsk

1 Like

I do this constantly. For what it’s worth I do enjoy concocting elaborate backstories for my milquetoast characters.

1 Like

My character sheet screens are already starting to look prettier:

14 Likes

vibrates excitedly

You are canonically wrong. Humans are the coolest Shadowrun race. It’s why we get extra Edge. Neener neener.

This is Shadowrun. Literally nobody loves dragons. You get fear, hate, and “I’ll say they’re great because they sign my paychecks.”

7 Likes

Nah. Everybody loves dragons.

3 Likes

You are canonically wrong. Humans are the coolest Shadowrun race. It’s why we get extra Edge. Neener neener.

Found the Humanis member. NEENER NEENER!

5 Likes

Is this new?

1 Like

For what it’s worth I voted Dunkelzahn

4 Likes

Yes. See post 902 for details.

1 Like

Eeeeeeeeew, no. You, however, are clearly one of the elf posers. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Dwarven mages is where its at

1 Like

Nice

Fancy header

Double nice

Fear and hate are synonyms for power. And there is a thin line between love and hate.
So look at them. They have power, they have gold and they are hot. What else do you need?

Hotties

Is dead.
What a loser.
But Lofwyr is blazing.
And if I remember correctly, Lofwyr saved our puny asses in the Dragonfall.

2 Likes

No, they’re not. I don’t know WHAT dictionary you’re using, but I suggest using one not compiled by crazy people.

No, there isn’t. The line is wide, deep, and filled with sharp envenomed spikes.

Maybe YOUR puny ass, I didn’t need the help of an overgrown gecko.

Also, I’m unsurprised you’re a fan of Lofwyr, the dragon with the least taste of all dragons. Golden scales are tacky. Lofwyr is basically the Trump of dragons: he displays himself the way he thinks cool people look.

You mean, besides non-tackyness and an actual personality?

Humans get an extra point of Edge because they’re the coolest cats on the block. Then it’s trolls, orcs and dwarfs ex aequo, then elves because they have to show up SOMEWHERE, I guess. Dragons’ innate tackyness relegates them, irrevocably, to the bottom of the pile.

4 Likes

No, they’re not.

Ouch.

I’m kinda rusty. Don’t remember all varieties of that quest. Did the game railroad a PC in the subway scene or there were other outcomes?

No, not a fun. But I do love dragons and in the Shadowrun trilogy dragons were represented by only two dragons. I know little about others except some fun facts.

bottom of the pile

And without dragons Shadowrun world will descend into chaos with other otherwordly beings. Something something “blah blah an empty throne always tempts”

2 Likes

Depends on what you mean “railroads”. You always meet totally-not-Lofwyr-I-swear in the subway, but you don’t have to take him up on his offer*. It only affects the Epilogue, anyway.

*considering one of the cardinal rules of Shadowrun is “never make a deal with a dragon”, and that’s on top of “don’t trust anyone”, you probably don’t want to

2 Likes

But where’s the fun without risk?

3 Likes

You’re a Runner, you have an ample and constant supply of risk. That’s literally the only thing you have a surplus of. No need to add more to the pile.

5 Likes