Psy High — Read minds, fight evil, and save the junior prom!

Does it include 6th base?

(Joking)

Err…yeah. I emailed Revecca Slitt out of curiosity of what she meant

I finally picked this up along with It’s Killing Time last night and played it through, really liked it and the interesting array of characters and choices, my character started dating Taylor before realising that Alison loved him and that he loved her too so with some hesitation he broke up with Taylor.

My only complaint is that I had the misfortune of being brainwashed by the device since even though my character was a good student he was against kids losing their free will so he tried to stop Mrs Clay but got captured by her when I tried to apply my magic into it when I was outside Room 14. So my options were now way more limited which was fine because it suited the situation, but I was expecting Alison or Harley to try and stop or release me from what I had set up before. Instead I was just at the dance with some random friend, Alison seemed to be fine with the situation despite no suggestion she’d been brainwashed too and in the end only Carla tried to stop the group. The ending was interesting but I was just disappointed that there was no means to have your character snap out of the brainwashing via a friend or something. Great story though so will definitely try again.

How did you get caught?
I wouldn’t know as I minmax like crazy.
Min athletics Max Intellect and magic subtlety altruism and such.

So I never fail to destroy the machine
Endgame my magic is a minimum of like 80-ish

@faewkless It was after I tried to talk to the friendly teacher and heard Mrs Cray with the young nerdy student, I got the option to add my magic to the machine so I would be able to deal with it but she was able to detect me and used it to brainwash me, after that as I said my options were pretty limited and I was basically forced to help Mr Pierce. Not exactly sure where my stats were, I might not have used my powers as often as I should have maybe.

Rise and shine, Psy High fans!

Does anyone know the stat requirements in order to keep Taylor on your side for the prom? I’ve been able to do it in the past, but that was years ago and I might well be making slightly different decisions to what I used to do.

My academics are at least 75%, however Taylor somehow doesn’t believe that my character is focusing on school or caring for their own future. Any helpful answers will be much appreciated.

One other attribute that will affect your relationship is your Obedient/Rebellious stat. If it leans toward Rebellious, she will break up as well.

1 Like

I’ve been working on my perfect play through ever since I heard the sequel was coming and I just recently saved a run through I liked so I’m pumped for the upcoming release! I was a little iffy on choice at the end though, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice before I try again?

Right near the end when you’re given a choice on what to do with the nexus, I chose to leave it as it was so everyone kept their powers. That was fine, but in the epilogue it was mentioned that kids already affected by the Vinculum were never freed and sort of stayed robots. If I choose the other choice, to do something huge with the nexus, can I free them?

Sorry if that’s a bother, I can always find out myself, but just thought I’d ask. Thanks!

Thank you.

By leaning towards Rebellious, do you know whether it has to be a high enough level for her to break up with you (for example, you have to be 66% Rebellious for her to break up with you), or whether it only takes just over halfway (51% or higher) and thus you can’t be rebellious in the slightest?

No worries, it’s no problem at all. Yes, you can save them all.

If you choose either of the other two options - to either keep all of the power for yourself or share it amongst yourself and the rest of the students - you will be given the choice to use your newfound power to liberate all of the brainwashed students from Pierce and Clay’s influence and return them to their original selves with their memories and powers (for those who had any) intact. I personally believe that both of those two options are much more preferable to leaving the Vinculum as it is or enhancing it, but that’s just my opinion.

I’m just concerned about how all of these decisions are going to play into the sequel. I’d very much like for whatever you choose at the end of Psy High 1 to have a large influence over the events of the sequel. However, I’m not sure if the writer is going to allow us to remain virtually omniscient like my character became when they absorbed all of the magic into themselves, and that would be a huge shame if they disregarded that choice in the sequel. The same goes for the other option - sharing the power. Many of the other students would have their powers enhanced (such as Alison, Carla, Jessica and Will) and many of those without powers (such as Lisa, Dave and maybe Haley) would gain some of their own. Since at least a couple of these characters will be returning in the sequel, it would also be a huge shame if they disregarded that decision as well.

Either way, I’ve also been working on my perfect play throughs, and am going to create multiple ones with different endings and choices throughout. For example, I’ll have one story saved when I took all of the power for myself in the end, and another when I shared the power with my fellow students. I’ll also make ones where I ended up with different romance options by the end. With all of these stories saved to my account, I’ll try them all out in the sequel to see how differently each setting would play out - like alternate realities where if things played out this way what would happen. Maybe you should give that a try if you feel like it or have the time.

Anyways, sorry for the massive chuck of text, but I hope I answered your question the way you wanted to hear it! :+1:

1 Like

Yes of course, that was a perfect answer thank you so much! I agree with you, that’s much better than leaving them enslaved like in my current save

About the multiple play throughs, I’m definitely going to do more, I just like to hammer out my first ideal run first, the one I’m going import to the sequel first. And weirdly for games with so much choice, I tend to have a One True Playthrough type thing I don’t like to deviate from. If I can get one ending I’m really happy with, I often find myself replaying it over and over again if that makes sense.

But yeah, thanks again! I’m going to play through right now and change that last choice! And maybe fiddle with a few other things as well. I could use a touch more advice on that subject if it’s not a bother.
About Mr Rivera, getting her as an ally, in my last play through I had a good relationship with her but I was too afraid to try and get her as any ally in case she thought I was a liar or a lunatic. Do you know what approach works to get her on your side? Tell her truth? Or point out the crimes Pierce and Clay are up to? Hope that’s clear, thanks!

1 Like

You are very welcome. Yes, I have a sort of general plan or structure for the story that I stick to in my play-throughs as well, my two main play-throughs for Psy High will probably be exactly the same except from the choice at the end climax - take power, and share power.

As for Ms. Rivera, the choices that I make to get her on my side go as follows:

I’ve always gone with the subtle approach in most of my decisions; not being too direct or telling them plainly what I’m actually seeking, as a way to maintain the upper hand. That’s why in this case I first said: “Haven’t you noticed students acting weird? Like Jake Cohen?” In my opinion it’s best not to accuse her colleagues and boss of crimes without proof, regardless of how she feels about them. I assume that she would be apprehensive if a student tried to turn her against them.

And… that’s it! That’s all I had to do to enlist her as an ally. My character did the rest of the wordplay themselves. Hope that’s clear!

1 Like

Thanks again! You’re a legend for being so patient with me! I’m usually more subtle than direct anyway so I should be able to follow that advice without any trouble. I’ve just one question left, you don’t have to answer, I’ve already asked you a lot of silly questions.

If you infiltrate the Gold Crown Club, you’re given a chance to talk Colin out of getting brainwashed. I’ve never made it work. If I tell him the truth, he thinks I’m testing him or something, and if I tell him the newspaper needs him he still doesn’t buy it. Is this just my bad stats? Do I need higher social or popularity? I don’t want to intimidate him though.

Other than that I think I’ve got everything I need for another awesome run, I love this game!

1 Like

No problem! Your questions are perfectly reasonable; I don’t see anything silly about them at all. I do the same thing (asking many questions) about other games such as MetaHuman Inc. I just wish that there were more people like us willing to talk about these games and help each other out with them! :laughing:

As for talking to Colin, I’ve never made any attempts to sway him to my side because I wasn’t aware that I was being given the option to do so. Does it actually say that you can? Regardless, although I usually try and get as many allies as possible, I didn’t see Colin as a very useful or willing ally to begin with (I always brushed past him at the beginning of the game as to not let anything distract me from my goal! Does that make me a mean person? :joy:).

Besides, I already had a multitude of people on my side; some of the main few being Alison, Taylor, Hailey, Carla, Ms. Rivera, our friend Casey and her cheerleading squad, etc. I once tried to enlist Nate Johnson (Hailey’s brother and leader of the drama club) as an ally as well by telling him about my plans, way back on my very first play-through. However, I discovered that choice isn’t feasible if you do what I did and prioritise your plans over everything else (which would result in the destruction of the school play if you try and exert as much influence over the Vinculum as possible in that moment), as he would then fall out of friendship with you because of it, so I decided that it was best not to tell him (which is unfortunate as I would have liked him to be on my team as well).

Anyways, I apologise for getting sidetracked. Back on the subject of Colin himself, I always thought that our interactions with him were only to get information from him about our enemies (which I was always subtle about as to not let Colin catch on to what I am really after), and then we just part ways. I didn’t realise that we actually had the opportunity to talk him out of being brainwashed. I had considered that as a possibility when playing through, but I ultimately decided it to be insignificant as I had enough useful allies already and was going to use the power of the Nexus and the Vinculum to liberate the brainwashed students and restore their powers anyway; so the option to “save” Colin was treated as unimportant by me. But that’s just my opinion.

I feel as though I’ve just waffled on, have you gained anything useful from what I’ve just said? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No worries about waffling on, it was very informative so I didn’t mind at all. I get your point about Colin, he is a fairly minor character, my desire to save him from getting brainwashed was more out of the fact I hate failing stat checks without knowing why. In my last run I didn’t even bother joining the gold crown club because it made me feel bad that I couldn’t help more people. I’ll work it out, like you said, I can have way more saves so It’s okay to test things out and see what I like best.

You got a lot of allies by the way! I didn’t have Taylor, Ms Rivera or Casey. I did the national merit society though, because I wasn’t a trouble maker.

I definitely agree that it’s nice to talk about these games with someone! Thanks so much for your time and effort, I’m going to feel a lot better about my next play through.

1 Like

When you control the Vinculum and/or later drain the Nexus before Pierce gets to it (this character had Magic in the high 80s/low 90s and infiltrated the Gold Crowns), what happened to Pierce and Clay? I only see the screen where Pierce is in disbelief at the non-existence of the Nexus , and then the game gives me the choice of what to do with the Nexus, whether or not to free the model citizens, and then jumps to the epilogue. There is also no mention of their fates in the epilogue (other relevant choices: took power from tidepool and dated Haley, 90+ academic stats, won scholarship).

Do they have an epic, revealing meltdown (caused by the catastrophic failure of their plans) that is recorded and posted all over social media and causes them to either be arrested or flee into obscurity? Does MC drain their life force for maximum magic power? Or is this a bug (personally, I like the epic meltdown idea :grinning:)?

You are very welcome!

In every single one of my play-throughs I have always joined the Gold Crown Team (GCT). My main reason for doing so is so that I could pretend to support them whilst gaining information on their plans in order to further my own. In addition, when I explain this to Carla afterwards, she essentially pledges her allegiance to me! :joy: Plus, joining the GCT is an action looked favourably on my Taylor, as she supports the betterment of the school. Because of all these benefits, I don’t see any reason NOT to joining the GCT, so I would definitely recommend that you do so if you haven’t already.

Unfortunately, the National Merit Society doesn’t seem to want to cooperate with me since I have a reputation for being a troublemaker (probably a result of always placing myself and my plans above everything else, no matter what methods I need to use in order to get the best results), and their president Tara doesn’t trust me as a result. To make matters even worse, since recently coming back to play this game after almost exactly 2 years, I now always seem to fall out of favour with Taylor at some point after joining the GCT in all of my many play-throughs (usually my character goes out with her). This puzzled me at first as I had always maintained a strong relationship with her throughout the whole story; every choice directly regarding Taylor that I made was the best possible option, and I even joined the GCT at her request (to be fair though I did so mainly to further my own plans and sabotage my enemies, but she didn’t know that!), but she still randomly breaks up with me in hurt disdain as she believes me to be not-caring about school and my future. This never used to happen in my play-throughs two years ago, so it’s probably something to do with differences in play-style between then and now.

I reasoned that the cause of both issues of trust from both Tara and Taylor were to do with my stats such as Academics and Obedient/Rebellious (probably more due to the latter since my academics are always at least 75%). If anyone can confirm this to be true and provide the answer I’d much appreciate it.

But again, you are very welcome, and I look forward to chatting like this again in the future.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve run into that issue too. I seem to remember the comeuppance of Pierce and Clay to be much more detailed in my play-throughs years ago, however, I find myself getting the same ending as you nowadays. I could have sworn that more details of the other characters were not present in the epilogue as well.

This is almost certainly a result of different choices resulting in different outcomes. I haven’t had the chance to test this theory yet, but if you intentionally try and make sure that you meet Pierce when you attempt to reach the Vinculum on the boat at the prom, you will probably get more info on his ultimate fate after/if you defeat him.

I’d like to think that they have some sort of epic revealing meltdown or something like that, but I don’t remember any other ending other than my team defeating them and having them arrested at the end. Perhaps we’ll have to do some more experimentation, but that’s all I can offer you at the moment: make sure that you face off against Pierce on the prom boat and defeat him and Clay to see more of their ending.

1 Like

@Robert_Isaacson
I just played a high-Magic, subtle character who didn’t join the GCT (same as the MC described in my first post, except for that difference), and took over the Nexus without running into Pierce (and by extension, deciding his fate). By contrast, my rebel, obvious (and criminal) MC did get the chance to decide Pierce’s fate by dueling him with magic (Pierce was later arrested for tax fraud). I suspect that one needs to make mistakes in the plan in order to get caught (rebel MC lacked the subtlety and raw power to act quickly), and therefore have the chance to battle Pierce and win.

My headcanon for Pierce’s and Clay’s fate in a flawless plan (no Pierce run-in on the boat) is that MC implants extreme guilt in their minds (Altruist) that causes him and Clay to voluntarily turn themselves in for tax fraud, or just straight-up hijacking them and making them confess everything in social media and police (Selfish), which leads to their complete and utter ruin.

2 Likes

It doesn’t need that much. Remember that Pierce has also been cooking the books. If Rivera has any reason to investigate him at all, she’ll find that - no need to get magic involved at all.

1 Like