"Pon Para and the Unconquerable Scorpion"—Raise an army to save reality itself!

According to Moochava, the only combo that’s a no-go is Col+Clan.

2 Likes

I have a patch for PP1 and PP2, but I don’t want to push it live until it’s received some testing.

Is anyone interested in playing both games and trying to get the tablets/interact with the Condors and see if it works?

3 Likes

I can do it

I’m a bit confused. My character and the emperess zorzia shared miltiple kisses in the bedroom before the morning meeting in the street yet i did not unlock The Favored of Shalmek: Romance the empress achievement. Is it because I’m already dating hyranni and clannath or is this a bug?

1 Like

Hello. One quick question: when this next patch comes, will you announce it here? I’m playing site version so kinda afraid to miss it’s release.

1 Like

I think this should be “Clannath says”

The phrasing here is quite weird and hard to understand

1 Like

Hmm. So I’m still being referred to as an ally of the condors even though I betrayed them.

2 Likes

Wooooow, I don’t know how but Melaxu HATES me!!! We had a thing in the first book and it carried on until the first big battle but after that I don’t know what I picked or which options were that bad, but it dropped her from around 65 to 45. Not in one go, but quickly enough. So thats the thruple with Clannath being a no go now…sigh. Oh well, the Empress still adores me.

1 Like

How! You got to SMOOCH Galimar?! I’ve prioritized an alliance for his people to settle, straight up said we didn’t have to be enemies, (maybe even more!) and missed any opportunities to smooch- the one time i tried, he slipped away a few feet. Do I have to be a warrior? I’m trying everything here!

Tell me how you got to smooch and date Galimar! I’m only on my 6th playthrough trying!

(Psst! You posted twice, accidentally I believe)
Did you already check the guide I posted? Raising the relationship value is hard. Telling him “We don’t have to be enemies” only starts the romance, the hard work starts later.
To recap what I wrote in various posts:

-Send Zoriza to check on him during the battle of Behemoth Mountain
-Successfully negotiate a truce with Riqqi in chapter 6
-In chapter 9, do the mission to either free Riqqi (if she got caught) or free crooks (if she wasn’t)
-Negotiate an alliance with the Stormraiders without getting caught (this doesn’t actually give points, but avoids a loss and gives you an opportunity to gain more)
-Steal Gisla’s staff, you can get anything from a 10% to something like a 40% (or even more, I guess?) increase if you have the right stats. How to steal depends on your stats, your deity and your companion…to recap, the choices are might+athletic (the sign of Faraam gives a bonus) and grace+burglar (either the keys of Selt or the sign of Amri give a bonus). Melaxu with movement training gives bonuses to both, Clannath with flying training gives a bonus to the might option and Tamur with technology training gives a bonus to the grace option.
-In chapter 10, help him and Melaxu to plan the logistics of the voyage (mariner or artisan check)
Other increases are after the point you try to kiss him, so nevermind.
If you still fall short, consider putting one more point in the abilities you use for the “steal staff” check. I can personally confirm it’s often enough to make a difference

…also, somehow I feel like I’ve become some kind of Stormraider couple counsellor :joy:

9 Likes

Oh god, you’ve reminded me of an Onion Classic: Ask The Cheat Guide To BloodLair

2 Likes

I assume this bug has been mentioned already, but I’ve made no effort to befriend the Stormraiders and going into the battle with the scorpion, they turned their ship around and left but immediately afterward I’m being told they’re helping me prepare for the fight

Edit: went from Hyranni trying to kill the scorpion to Galimar trying to with the ax

Please send in bug reports to support@choiceofgames.com

1 Like

Hi everyone.
Recent workload holds me from monitoring various game statuses, so I just wanted to ask are there any news regarding Pon Para development post part 2 release?
I ask because, from what I see judging by comments in both part’s threads, some of continuity errors that were reported around game’s release are still there… or was there around month ago.

No, I won’t ask for any precise date or demand anything, I just really love this series and it pains me being unable to play it with my first character, still.
So… really, any kind of news or information will be greatly appreciated. And if there indeed was a patch in recent weeks or month, I’ll even more happily digress.

3 Likes

I made the mistake of not reading through enough of the comments to find your incredibly helpful guide. My sexy stormraider and I thank you!

2 Likes

Just pushed a new build with several small bugfixes.

3 Likes

I was worried the game wouldn’t let me play without loading a previous save (I mean, I could have loaded a save… I just didn’t want to) but it just let me make a new character no problem. Poor Para though. If you don’t load a previous character, the game will assume you failed to save her when the trolls attacked Hetch!

I’m on chapter 4, I think? At Behemoth Mountain in Teijia’s laboratory. I think I found a typo. “Emerald Tablet Notes Gisla/Zepha/Chalcanar/Seilaq.” Are all those names supposed to be there at once?

Yes. Philosophers thread conversations worse than 1990s forum software.

8 Likes