Paired stat not displaying properly

Hi all,

My game at https://dashingdon.com/play/delliot/the-butler-did-it/mygame/ is having an issue with one of the paired stats, and I can’t figure it out. I have another paired stat that works fine.

It’s supposed to read Artifice - Honesty, but I’m just getting Artifice. I thought maybe the names were too long, but I’ve tried making them shorter as well, and it didn’t help.

opposed_pair Manners
		Mayhem
	opposed_pair Honesty
		Artifice

Any idea?

Thank you!

If you want Honesty shown on the other side you’ll need to add it after Artiface. The name after the opposed_pair command is the variable name. Note you should only have one variable for each opposed pair, the names displayed are just labels.

Try:

opposed_pair Honesty
  Artiface
  Honesty

@Delliot,
It may have something to do with your spacing, but I’m not sure.
When I downloaded your choicescript_stats as a text file, it looked like this:

@Carlos.R His spacing is fine. The .txt files uploaded at the site sometimes can look janky and weird, but the compiler should runs through them just fine.

@lunawisp Well, that’ll turn [Honesty] into [Artifice], which can make things really whoppy to track (increase honesty to increase artifice?).

But I think she nearly nailed it.
@Delliot, instead of

opposed_stats honesty
   Artifice
   Honesty

try

opposed_stats honesty
   Honesty
   Artifice

I’m not sure that’s the case, but maybe that’ll beat the common sense into the compiler that nothing is wrong in your code.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try that later on. Sounds right!

I think the problem is either in the spacing or the code.
I changed Honesty and Artifice to another Manners and Mayhem while keeping the exact same spacing and this happened:

code:

Yup, @Szaal had it! Thanks to @Carlos.R and @lunawisp for their efforts as well.

I threw it up on a new instance so as not to invalidate tester saves, here it is working right:

https://dashingdon.com/play/delliot/tbdi-testing/mygame/

1 Like