Overlord kind of game

Ummm, I’m not sure if you understand overlord.
Yes, it’s isekai, but not normal isekai. It’s not about mc becoming stronger and his harem. It’s about mc killing his enemy in really brutal ways (anime skip so many good moments… :slight_smile: ) controlling/manipulating/outsmarting everyone, and sometimes joking about classic shounens/fantasy.

I mean, if all you want is gore and brutality there are much better shows and movies with even more than Overlord has.

I understand it just fine. It’s just not a very well written show, and a large part of that is this insistence on being “brutal” and edgey. For example, he’s constantly talking about the need to learn more information about the world, he even goes undercover as a completely different class to find stuff out, but then stumbles on to the members of some powerful mysterious group who prove individually to be completely outmatched by him. He’s literally grappling one of them and has her completely helpless and instead of using this as an opportunity to gather intel or even a potential knowledgeable ally… which was the entire point of his being in that situation in the first place… he just gruesomely kills her because doing so is edgy.

He doesn’t really seeem to outsmart anyone. More like he has all the OP loot. Probably a pay to winner too. :stuck_out_tongue:

big list

Dungeon Kepper 1 and 2:

Let’s capture all of the good guys, starve them to near-death in the prison, make them fight over a couple of chickens, mass-heal them, throw them in the arena to entertain our minions and boost their morale. But before they die, heal them and drag them back to the prison, maybe make them fight over food again, slap them around a bit, then torture them, whilst healing them repeatedly to stop them from dying… in order to ensure that they convert to our side! Genius!

Overlord 1,Overlord: Raising Hell Overlord 2
I want to love this game series i really do

I love world and atmposphere
I love the minions and the dark humor
But what lets the game down in my book is well the gameplay
feels to easy and console port limited, forced linear, you cant go to the evil cave because you done have minion blue yet

If feels a lot like Fable and not in a good way

Evil Genius : More an evil james bond villian

keeper rl: Cross btween dungeon keeper Dwarf fortress and minecraft

dungeon simulator with roguelike and RPG elements. Take the role of an evil wizard and study the methods of black magic. Equip your minions and explore the world, murder innocent villagers and burn their homes. Build your dungeon, lay traps and prepare for an assault of angry heroes."

Its in Alpha but i like what it has so far

Android Mobile Games:

Cursed Treasure 2

Wicked Lair

Dungeon warfare: available on steam, flash game or Mobile

dungeons 2

war for the overworld: is a Spiritual Successor to the venerable Dungeon Keeper series
You play an all-powerful, malevolent Underlord, long banished to the Aether. With unrivalled dark power and an insatiable desire for bloody conquest, you will arise once more, and reclaim your realm!

top evil overlord games crusader kings 2 God mod

Dungeonland : Dungeon MasterMode

Steam multiplayer online shut down so have to either play local on lan on set up online
with a 3rd party program

dwarf frotress 2: A underground base in a lethal environment with minions who die a lot and will inetiable end in disaster. Sounds like a typical evil overlord scenerio

Tabletop Game Diplomacy

Dungeons series

Sacrafice

Black & White

Most stratgey game allow this
Crusader kings 2

Stellaris

Eve online: by creating a guild a group this gives more a potential to be a Diabolical Mastermind or Galatic Over

diabolical

shadow of war/ Shadow of mordor

Thanks for the list but I meant a text based game :joy:

The new season seem really boring so far. I didn’t even watch the whole 2nd episode and dropped it in the middle. They just threw a lot of random new characters and some lizardmen with not much explanation and connection to the actual story.

watch the rest of the episode it will make sense trust me.
or read the light novels they have a lot more detail in them.