Out now! "Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road": Spoilers Inside Thread

Everyone experiencing the loading bug or the “play again” bug:

I’m afraid that this is an issue that is beyond the scope of what the forum can help with. In this case, you should contact Choice of Games directly by sending an email to support@choiceofgames.com.

Spamming this thread with bug reporting posts is not going to do anything - especially in the middle of a weekend.

Thank you.

10 Likes

I think there might be an error in the browser version, even if I play it the EXACT SAME way I play it on ios, the stats are different, specifically relationships. The Cam and Julian relationships do not rise no matter what you do :confused:

Also, I realize I’ve come here and posted about bugs or issues, but I haven’t taken the time to say HOW FREAKIN MUCH I LOVED THIS GAME!!! When I first saw the price I gasped, but then when I saw the word count I gasped even harder :laughing::laughing::laughing:There was SO MUCH variability, and during my first playthrough I actually managed to successfully flirt with both boys and have good standings with each, which some might say “meh,” to, but I worked SO HARD to get it. I was careful and thoughtful with my every move, which I’m normally… notsomuch. The game was so engaging, I was completely drawn into the mechanics in a way I’m often not in most games. I know it’s based off the VtM stuff, but it was brought to life perfectly. Like it was INCREDIBLY satisfying. And the various play styles giving such DIFFERENT experiences, it was amazing, Sometimes I feel like games have a sort of “set” person you’re supposed to be, as if when I play them I feel like the same character with different skills. Not here. Each playthrough really felt different. If people haven’t tried it yet, I HIGHLY recommend playing as Toreador. As a toreador, you are very conscious of beautiful things, so often times your character gets distracted, but you get these absolutely beautiful descriptions of various things you come across that painted scenes in a whole new light. Looking at the world through a Toreador’s eyes feels different, it’s not just a game mechanic. I haven’t even tried out gangrel yet, I imagine that’ll be a completely different ballpark as well. I wish I could’ve gotten to know all the other characters more, romance or no, but that’s just a testament to how much I loved them. There are plenty of games where I couldn’t care less about the randos, but here I wanted to talk to everyone, they all felt like they had interesting backstories. It would be amazing if at some point in the future, CoG installed a save-game system… Maybe unlocked after the first time you beat the game? I know there’s a way to do it on steam, but using ios I’m S.O.L.

ANYWAY, I’m not sure if Kyle will see this, but I gotta say, holy shit dude. You knocked it out of the park. I hope it’s wildly successful. Take as long of a break as you need, you’ve more than earned it, but I cannot WAIT to see what you come up with next.

16 Likes

I see there are several cool cars in the file, like that 2020 Mercedes that are late game or epilogue, but how do you actually obtain those, as I never got anything better than the i8 and while Julian will let you trade for Z’s car he won’t let you trade for his cool electric one, despite saying so?

I can’t meet with Raul either, I steal the bus but the scene ends with me in my car… I’m playing on my phone. So frustrating :expressionless:

1 Like

So I’m planning what I affectionately dub the ‘repentant murderhobo’ run - AKA fight and kill all the vampires I can, and then sic the SI on those that remain but I’m struggling to settle on a clan after a ton of false starts.

So far I’ve narrowed the candidates down to

-Caitiff - probably the most likely to have the ‘screw everyone’ mentality that’s kinda needed for this run, but might also be EZ mode since you can assign dots wherever

-Banu Haqim who has a really twisted view on who’s considered unworthy AKA (every kindred including themselves probably)

-Brujah because we gonna be doing a lot of brawling in this run (and also with their bane I might gun for that messy crit achievement)

But I still can’t decide. Any thoughts?

Also major endgame spoilers here, does anyone know if the Lettow and Julian fights in the final chapter are mutually exclusive, or can they trigger on the same playthrough?

Along with the fact that Kyle Marquis has grown phenomenally as an author in such a short amount of time, the biggest thing that caused me to gravitate towards this game is the fact that it encouraged me to not sit in a single niche, with both the way that Disciplines could reinforce weaknesses and double down on strengths and the way the character generation worked.

I’d say it’s the best CoG game this year, and it’s easily a top-ten pick for me.

13 Likes

For the fancy cars, I was able to see them after completing the first three missions by choosing ‘Look for better cars’ or something like that from the ‘main’ set of choices you get when you are back in Tucson.

I did that (had about $80000 on hand at that point), the best it will offer me is the 2017 BMW I8, but in the code there are some very cool epilogue (or cut) cars that you should be able to get.
In particular the text seems to imply Julian can offer you his cool electric car in the end-game, but in actuality I only got the opportunity to trade the BMW for Z’s car, which unlike Julian’s own is inferior to the BMW at that point.

I mean I need more time to really code delve, it may be possible that those branches were trimmed and those cars were cut from the actual game as a result. :cry:

I think it’s a 2008 S-Class and yeah that is a good, versatile car, although not terribly exciting with the recent advances in automotive technology if you play a high-tech character.

Code skimming my Julian playthrough I found references to these two cars my high tech loving mc would really like but I couldn’t find a way to obtain in-game.

Car and Code Spoilers

First up is the Hispano-Suiza, and the game suggests that if you are greedy enough, a good enough negotiator and have a high enough relationship with him Julian is prepared to give it up, according to this line:

“I’ll throw in the Hispano-Suiza, no problem,” Julian says. “Or the Camaro, whichever you want”

Problem there is my mc wanted the Hispano but the only car that is actually obtainable is the Camaro in spite of Julian’s statement and the game giving the opportunity to examine it and see its stats.

The second one appears to be epilogue only but it appears there is a section in the code where Julian can gift (a lover) the mc the 2020 Mercedes-Benz EQ, which admittedly makes more sense as a high-end, modern courier vehicle than the Hispano supercar:

" label key_toss
@{(julian_romance = “reciprocated”) He slides his fingers through yours. When he lets go, you’re holding|He tosses you} the keys to your

if car = “2020 Mercedes-Benz EQ”
new 2020 Mercedes-Benz EQ.* "

To me it looks like at one time a romanced Julian would have given this cool car to a lover mc (maybe one who doesn’t get greedy for the Hispano. :thinking: ) in the epilogue, but sadly it isn’t actually obtainable in-game, so unlike the Hispano this was probably cut-content. :cry:

Of course not being able to trade up to a more stylish and/or high-end wardrobe remains one of my main frustrations too. :disappointed:

3 Likes

You need to have enough cash on hand to unlock the higher end ones… the Challenger and the Escalade interested me the most… I ended up buying the Mercedes and maxing it out, although I thought its model year was 2018 or something like that.

I do not know about the trades… I had Julian’s relationship maxed out, but he still refused me a chance at the Bugata(sp).

2 Likes

Download a fresh copy of the game from Google Play and this error will go away.

1 Like

Ok, I got him to show up again.

On Chapter 1, after you deal with the wight (you can kill him or lock him away), I let them go. You can try and manipulate them too but I was playing a Gangrel (this one I’m role playing as a female Logan-Wolverine, high humanity, low patience, bursts of violence) and I just let them go.

at the camp, I just gave Nylan the USB at the beginning and I picked every choice to say camp was an atrocity and horror. When the feeding choice appears with all of the others, pick the one to look for him and find out his name. The next choice has to be find a way to free the prisoners and whatever you pick needs to be successful. He will show up after that.

Let me know if it works for you.

6 Likes

I got it to work now, it seems the game has been updated and they fixed it? Idk, but thank you!!! Just a quick question, can you romance him? Because I didn’t get any option to romance… I was pursuing a romance with Julian at the time.

1 Like

@Holtzmann You can romance Julian, Lettow, Vani and Elena

5 Likes

The last update was yesterday (Saturday) around 1pm EST.

I have a fix for the lack of Conviction dreams in-hand, but I don’t want to push a patch right now that will reset people’s games for one fix.

Kyle’s taking the day off, but will be back to bugfixing tomorrow morning. We’ll probably push another patch around 1pm, with the dreams and a bunch of other things.

Whatever reports you can get in tonight—with screenshots!—would be very helpful.

12 Likes

Hmm. I let them go, but I pressed them not to talk. I wonder if that’s why Raul isn’t showing up for me. I see him at the camp, ask around, and leave supplies out in the desert, but he doesn’t pop up. Time to go code diving and see what’s up, I guess.

edit: GOTTEM. I don’t know why but he showed up when I cut the wires instead of leaving supplies in the desert. I didn’t get powers from Olivecrona but I got Raul!

1 Like

Yeah When I first played the demo I thinked Dove was also aviable as a possible love interest but I was mistaken, kinda wished that was possible (kind of tsundere dynamic there) :sweat_smile:

Personally I think the game really pushed me gayforward to Lettow or Julian (Problem for me was I liked both of their personality so it was hard to choose a side :grin:).while for Elena I like her appearance but you need a High level charisma skill to even start the romance and I didn’t get Vani as an option (I was sick of The mad sorceress/doctor and fight her/destroyed the lab so after that I didn’t see her assistant again)

1 Like

I personally played Gangrel and find out the skills (Animalism / Endurance / Protean) are great for the Brawler/fighter type (start with Dex almost maxed out so sword fights come more easily. Expecially if you choose a military background) and as a Plus you got a wolf companion you can name (loved how it was integrated in the story: always got an active role in the game, not like an accessory but as a side character).

Of the other ones maybe Brujah is the best candidate I would suggest for your playthrough

As for the Julian/Lettow conflict I finished the game without really having them to fight at all :thinking:. You can have a low reputation with the Camarilla but are still in good terms with Lettow. I Romanced Julian (selling him infos) but in the end supported Lettow decisions. If you play both sides when you show up for “the talk” you get to be forgiven by the Prince for THE crime (kinda was surprised the fellow wasn’t pissed off) and If you let down Julian’s final offer He’s understanding and let you go (you can even embrace him or wish him good luck). So aside Inquisition SI interference. Everyone end up going for their merry way. :wink:

7 Likes

I finished playing a couple of rounds of the game. I really enjoyed the variety of ways the missions could be handled. I felt really attached to the main two points of contact(Julian and Lettow). They were very likeable as were the other npcs. The pictures added a nice touch. The atmosphere of the world made me want to replay my WOD games.

Great game!

5 Likes

I’d say Caitiff. Set or nosferatu style would work. Both let you start with skills that kill the White(Claws or Super Strength). Soldier or Poor would be a good start. Go with elina for your first one. Let’s you get a good early exp boost for later missions, and some starting wealth if you rob the Cars.

2 Likes