Out now! "Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road": Spoilers Inside Thread

You can hide all stats you have a zero in (which should be a lot).

It helps to just keep track of your nine ‘main stats’ (like Wits, Int, Dex, etc.) since almost every check is one of those +another.

The Disciplines are always very powerful (and, thus, memorable) but using them increases your hunger.

Who are the ROs again?

I saw some people on other sites looking for tips, so I thought I’d record some helpful starting tips (I don’t consider any of these spoilers at all, but they are hidden out of an abundance of caution):

Important things to focus on throughout the game:

-Hunger. The higher your hunger, the worse you are at everything. Every time you use your disciplines (i.e. powers) your hunger goes up by a point. And if you’re far from home, feeding is risky and prone to failure. One of the most effective techniques is to save at least one hunger point so you can use your powers to get food; this essentially gives you a ‘free’ power use.
-Skills. Someone mentioned that mental skills are useful early on, and that’s completely true. In the last half of the game, all types of skills are useful.
-Housing. Housing costs are based off of your Camarilla relationship. Without good housing, you can’t buff your powers. Housing should be a high priority.
-Ghouls. If you get a ghoul, they will basically help with every single thing from then on. It’s a major change in the storyline.

For pacing purposes, it’s good to know that the game is split up into a several-chapter intro followed by 3 missions (completable in any order), another 3 missions (completable in any order) followed by a final sequence.

Hope this helps!

13 Likes

Lettow, Julian, Elena (the pawnbroker, ghoul option), and Vani (researcher on one of the missions, another ghoul option).

6 Likes

Ah, so Raúl is not an option. I was just confused as all the other ghoul options were.

1 Like

I’m actually not sure about Raul. The one time I met him, I went to the camp first but then got an early game over once the mission ended. I plan to try to recruit him again but it’ll be a bit.

So if you have hunger you dont succumb to the beast? That’s good to know. Saves the trouble of me killing those humans just to feed on them and then losing my humanity.

1 Like

Maxed out hunger causes Beast problems, but below that it just makes checks harder, as far as I can tell.

Gangrel named Grendel for my first one. Really fun. Working on a Ministry(Caitiff) playthrough. Ran into a slight hiccup where the real estate is 15000 or 18000. Kind of annoying.

3 Likes

Real estate prices are based on your Cam reputation. Sounds like you pissed off Eagle Prince :wink:

Damn. That’s gonna make a decent defy traditions attribute hard.

Yeah. IIRC your payouts are also tied to Cam, unless you sell stuff to Julian on the side. I’m doing a Julian run now so I’m not sure yet if it balances out.

so what do you think is more usefull? Lower generation? 1
Or max level Disclipline/Skill/Attribute 2

1 Like

By the time you can materially lower your generation, the game is almost over. So I would say spending xp on skills/attributes matters more. Disciplines are useful but you have to maintain your hunger, which gets harder toward the end once SI is all over your ass.

you still get payed by lettow as long as you appear to be following orders. Honestly julian pays decent, but you can earn just as much independently by playing the the missions properly. I’ve gotten 5k(highest yet) from julien for research data, but I can get another 5k from caul to.

2 Likes

I haven’t had much trouble with SI since Playthrough 3. Once you know how to balance a
character properly you can make do with just a few skills. Tech is bullshit usefull.

oh! There is an alternative to generation lowering in X2100. It Gives you a last minute 3 point boost in a Single Attribute, skill, and disclipline of your choice. That’s what my question was about.

2 Likes

The game loads poorly on the COG iOS app, when it does actually load it takes forever… but I am lucky if it does load because most of the time it stays stuck buffering.

I’m getting the play again bug too, idk what triggers it because I’ve played a couple of times and sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t :thinking:

So…does it end here or is there an error?

Looks like an error, have you sent it to the support email?