Out now! "Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road": Spoilers Inside Thread

Yes. You have to be a good little Cam toady though.

I would still only say sorta and I personally find it icky that princy sees my male mc as the new embodiment of his old female lover. So it is not for me. Fortunately for me Julian is adorkable and super cute.

He’s a vampire, so it’s kinda expected. Ironically Julian is the kinda character some of my mc’s in other games are. Still he’s so adorkably cute, combined with the dangerous and sexy thing common to many vampires that he’s very hard for me to resist. Different strokes for different folks though.

Seems to me that we need to wait for Parliament of Knives to step into the incredibly fancy shoes or boots (whatever you prefer, I hope) of the classical, suave, seductive manipulator vampire ourselves.
At least for a VTMB game, as I doubt Bloodlines 2 will give the mc the opportunity to actually be the manipulator as very few AAA games do that and in the other CoG game the mc isn’t even a vampire.

On this forum those Betwixt currently gives me the most hope for both a satisfying manipulator and romance path in a single playthrough.

Agreed, was sad that the hottest ghoul is not romanceable too.

6 Likes

Ugh, I couldn’t stand Julian though. Let’s have a thing, until I up and disappear on you. Let’s be friends again, until I sic the SI on your phone for kicks and giggles. He was non stop manipulation and if anyone is going to be the manipulator around here IT’S ME.

I wish Raul were romanceable. Ghouling a hunter is such a dumb move but he’s fine and has a great car and that’s basically it for my standards.

8 Likes

I finished the game and I’ll be honest.

Hunger, thirst? The only way I could prevent surrendering to the Beast was trying to feed on animals at every chance and it doesn’t make sense to me because vampires are wired to feed on human blood, yeah you have vegan or humane vampires who prefer to feed on animals to maintain a grasp to their humanity but really, you shouldn’t lose yourself because you pick to feed on humans.

Romance? It was lacking, it wasn’t sweet nor steamy it just wasn’t. It didn’t feel as a part of the game but more as a footnote. While I found both Lettow and Julian romances incredible sad and disappointing it was more as a personal taste, Lettow didn’t saw mc but his lost lover and Julian well…his desire to change things and love for himself couldn’t really see how much he meant for mc.

Ending? So short and not enough? but I guess it’s alright if it was left like that because the writer wants to add more.

3 Likes

It being wired into your nature it’s sort of the point. You lose humanity because…well, you’re a tick, a bipedal tick who feeds on the blood of those they used to call their peers. (And even then the loss isn’t really that significant unless you go for more ruthless methods, otherwise every Elder would be a raging wight).

About the romance part…yeah. V:TM isn’t really the sort of game you should go in expecting any kind of healthy ‘romance’ (if we could even call it that.) Vampires are self-serving by nature and manipulative to a point, so any relationship you might form with them is gonna be riddled with either toxicity or tragedy. Maybe both. Usually both.

(Again, not trying to sound preachy, just clarifying a few points.)

7 Likes

Agreed.

I’d like to point out - like others have mentioned - that VtM lore doesn’t do good with romance. If anything, the ‘romance’ lends itself to old english literature where the ‘romance’ wasn’t like what we consider today.

If you blood bond with either Julian or Lettow, the text makes it painstakingly clear that the relationship dynamic between the Courier and either vampire isn’t one of equality. You quite literally give up your own free will to either of them and they can make you do whatever they want and you can’t stop them if your willpower is low enough. And that’s the antithesis of a healthy relationship.

10 Likes

But he is romanceable!

Summary

3 Likes

Have you been able to get there through the gameplay? I haven’t seen an option for a date. Only his mission and camarilla related.

1 Like

I haven’t played VTM in years so I don’t really remember much of it? Is there even romance?

I don’t categorize all vampires as the same, humans have many, many different personalities and vampires used to be humans so is only natural you have a diversity of characters.

And don’t worry you don’t sound preachy.

I think is my fault for looking the game as something apart?

1 Like

If there was a way to stake and burn him I think I would. Hahaha

1 Like

Maybe so, I was actually surprised there was romance in this game, though I know it’s expected for most COGs. In VTM, a lover is basically a liability - someone will find out and use them against you. It’s an RPG, so everyone can play how they want, but it’s meant to be a dark, dramatic setting about the slow loss of your humanity. Like poison_mara said further up, romance typically goes terribly wrong in this setting.

So what I got, (Lettow romance spoilers) a guy in love with the ghost of a woman I diablerized, leaving everything behind and going to the Middle East together to fight a vampire forever war was actually a happier ending than I expected.

15 Likes

Have you done her mission where you have to get rid of that… you know.

I’ve played a few times now and this game really well written, I just had the best ending when I killed Julian sim Awesome game

2 Likes

I think Out For Blood gives you the chance to manipulate your enemies (I hope so)

Or since you are a vampire hunter you might be the one who’ll be manipulated by the two factions. Still I can’t wait to kill some vampire scum.

How did you do it?? I need this!

Please use spoiler tags for spoilers.

Like so:

[spoiler]Who else isn’t surprised that Donald Trump is a Camarilla pawn[/spoiler.] < remove the period

V

Who else isn’t surprised that Donald Trump is a Camarilla pawn

2 Likes

Maybe, but that would be more of a tactical, strategic manipulation to hunt and kill them, not the kinds of political, financial and personal manipulation I tend to like in games.

I think it will be more combat focused then I like, most of my manipulator mc’s don’t take any pleasure in killing anyone or anything and prefer to have underlings do the literal dirty work, including killing, though if they really must stoop to it personally they tend to do it quickly and cleanly.

Also the vampire hunter mc probably won’t be pretty or fashionable, or if they are at the start won’t stay that way for long. :fearful:

[quote=“Sneaks, post:203, topic:86800”]
Who else isn’t surprised that Donald Trump is a Camarilla pawn
[/quote]

What, no the most objectively chaotic president in US history to date is far more likely to be an anarch or Sabat gambit as they thrive of off chaos far more than the Camarilla does. The Camarilla would tend to benefit from the institutional, rules-based power structure Trump is actively dismantling. :crazy_face: I mean in the vampire world this sort of chaos is what you’d kinda expect to end up in once you remove the controlling elders who probably also stabilised, for better or worse, the whole shitty system.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that, the Camarilla in game seem to be benefiting quite a bit from the increasing dehumanization and abusive treatment of Central/South American immigrants; a fire that Trump has been throwing gas on for years.

And vampires like politicians that are dumb and easily manipulated.

3 Likes

Given his ties to Russia, maybe he’s a Tzimisce ghoul? :thinking:

real talk, I’d also like to know how to kill off Julian. I’ve ended the game defying him and with low relationship, but he never gets violent.

3 Likes

What I did for killing

I had 4 intellect and 3 academics 2 technology, this was important for understanding the the blood that gets injected in you from Julians experiment. Once I had understanding I was able to max some attributes and disciplines, making my vampire pretty badass stat wise. You then have to betray your kindred with the SI near the end and Julian will will rage on you and try to kill you but being so badass you end up killing him instead. The prince will come for you as well and you are to force him to a retreat with the help of the SI

4 Likes