Otome Games

Another free game came out on Steam. I admit I liked it.

If you try it and liked it, you might buy the fan supporter pack to support the dev. Please note that this pack gives a few extras (pictures, etc.) but doesn’t change the base game in anyway.

2 Likes

Feels weird to have a third game almost done with Winter Wolves; a beta might start as early as next month.

For the curious, here is the theme song.

5 Likes

From CoG’s point of view, I think the ‘otome game’ genre is a barren place. In some cases, there were many games that only changed the gender of the male-oriented games, and were not very different internally. It was a lowly experience, but if I had to pick a game that stood out nonetheless, “Ayashino miya” (妖ノ宮) from ‘kogado studio’ was impressive.

In terms of the level of perfection of the game, I think their past work, “Palais de Reine”, is a more complete game, but ‘ayashino miya’, which enhances the joy of choosing options, suits my taste better.

As a princess of the former king, it is good to parasitize other vassals and seize power,
It was interesting to run away by falling in love with a servant, and to be sold out by foreign powers trying to colonize one’s own country.

Unfortunately, the completeness of each scenario was a bit vague.
The system in which the character’s disposition changes according to the selection was a rare element in other games.

This project is on Kickstarter if someones want to try out the demo! You can select the pronouns of the PC. The plot and the characters seem to be pretty interesting

tw: intriguing cliffhanger, btw. For instance, I’m gonna be screaming until the game is released due to it ;-;

5 Likes

Amiralo has done it again! I present to you, her most recent game: I Take Your Hand.

I won’t say much about it since it’s better if u go in blind. I enjoyed it immensely tho, and i hope u all try it :blush:

1 Like

iirc that character was created for fanbase. Some of the high tier patreons wanted a dominant trans character add to the game. Also unlike ORS, GGGB rather a smut game. So you shouldn’t expect a deep meaningfull story.

For those with a Nintendo Switch, I just finished Olympia Soiree and am in the middle of Cupid Parasite. If you’ve got some money to spare, they’re both worth checking out. Good reviews; I’m enjoying the heck out of the second one; didn’t enjoy parts of the first one so much, but I think that’s mostly for personal reasons, and the parts I did enjoy made it worth the money.

3 Likes

There are actually a lot of positive reviews about Olympia Soiree. I decided to play recently and I liked a lot of things … only when I play and find bad end 1 scene, I shout what ??? very feel bad.

Olympia Soiree imo has a big buy in premise — like either you can jive with the set up or not, which I think is a big factor if anyone wants to enjoy the game.

[There were parts too that I did enjoy but there were also parts where the side eye was very heavy from me, I’ll admit.]

Currently waiting for reviews of Variable Barricade though since the premise seems fun

1 Like

Same here, I do like romcoms. The one early review I saw was sort of “meh”, but I’m gonna keep my eye on it.

Edit: Got it this weekend. Any game that opens with a restatement of the first line from Pride and Prejudice is A+ in my book! Think I’m gonna skip the true route, though, based on the reviews.

Are there any Otome games or visual novels that take place in a royal court setting? I’m looking for a Otome/VN game where the MC is placed in a position of power that they were unprepared for and have to grow to get used to it. can’t be a modern setting and no mobile.

A Tale of Crowns

4 Likes

• Imperial Grace
• Seven kingdoms: the princess problem

2 Likes

Royal Alchemist

I don’t think Imperial Grace is what I want because from what I’ve seen the Mc is definitely prepared for the role

1 Like

Have you tried Queen at Arms? Not a court setting at first, but it gets there.

1 Like

For anyone with the Lovestruck app:

All routes are currently free right now, and there are efforts on the Lovestruck reddit to preserve as many of the stories as possible if you’d like to help out.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I always meant to try this app. Do you (or anyone else?!) have any recommendations?

Edit: Nevermind, just seeing that its no longer on the app store.

@attolia Have you tried the app “Romance Club”? It’s a bit similar to Lovestruck and Choices: Stories You Play. Your choices actually matter, unlike other interactive story games. Some choices cost diamonds, you can get them without spending any money, you just have to watch an ad that’s available every 90 minutes. They run events like “Diamond Rush” where you can choose all diamond choices for free, it mostly lasts for 2 days. The art is beautiful, especially in their recent release stories where the CGs now match your MC’s skin color. The only downside is, they currently only have one game with a male MC, the rest are female.

5 Likes

Around a holiday they will also make an entire story free.

And easter is coming up!

1 Like