Haven’t done a Support Thread Post in a while, now. Things have been a bit chaotic.
I moved into my own apartment, inherited a 13yr old cat that likes to sit on my keyboard when I’m trying to work, adopted a stray Pitbull that’s having to take quite a few meds at the moment, and my business is up and running (somewhat). I also realized the documents I had written months back did not survive when I moved, as I had handwrote quite a bit of it.
As for now? I’ve decided to step back and look into actual outlining for an IF story. Chapters, scenes within the chapters and how they can change from prior choices, general worldbuilding, character motivations, possible idea for romance options.
Honestly, I’m more use to a traditional writing process where everything is linear save a few jumps into the past that sometimes happens. Makes writing a story where the story can veer into a new direction from a few select choices a new breed of Critical, Creative Thinking.
So, for this month:
- Write up a general idea what each chapter is about and the story structure
- Character Names & Descriptions (and variations, for possible romance)
- First Chapter Done & Uploaded On Dashingdon
Things Already Accomplished:
- Story Concept and Premise
- The Goal of the Player Character
- Stakes the Player Character Faces
- A Number of Themes the Story Addresses
- The Antagonists and Their Part of the Overall Story
I’ve been busy, I’ll grant you that. Between moving, my business, and writing – I seldom have any down time outside of caring for my furry children. I’m hopeful that, with a clear picture of how the story will be, I’ll have a better time writing than I did previously. That I won’t be so utterly clueless on how to push forward and how to better plan the upcoming parts.
Overall – I’m hopeful, stressed out, and eager to get started on things I love.