New Hosted Game! "War of the Gods" by Barbara Elzey

My vision of the beastmaster was around 16 years old. He/she will age some. Romance for the character will not be far away from that in age.

5 Likes

Cool

Iā€™m playing it during my lunchbreak. Itā€™s very stats-based - more than I would like - but Iā€™m having fun so far. I like being able to choose different people? creatures? Races? Iā€™m not sure if they all follow a different story (Havenā€™t read the posts above me yet) but if they have then that would be very cool! Iā€™m enjoying this game.

I just wanted to stop by to say I really enjoyed this game! I think the story is really engaging, and itā€™s been a lot of fun exploring the different characters. The idea of seeing all the story lines come together sound really intriguing. Iā€™m definitely excited about the idea of a sequel!

3 Likes

How old is Kataran and is he and LI (somewhere?) would like more LIā€™s :heart:

2 Likes

About 30, and itā€™s possible that he could become a love interest later. Not with the beastmaster, however, who is his cousin.

6 Likes

I must say one thing, though, when playing as the beastmasterā€¦ (spoiler, of course)

I so fell for the assassin, and my heart broke when it became clear romance was not in those books, but someone I only met (just after realising that) was available to flirt with straight upā€¦ :broken_heart: :sob:

5 Likes

Iā€™m a bit confused here. Is the game unfinished or is this just the first part of a series? If itā€™s the former then I think there should be a warning about it in the description. Last I checked the google store nothing warned me about that.

Yeah, I think it was pointed out that this is merely the first chapter of the series. While I do agree that the info should be updated to avoid further confusion, youā€™re not really the only one that noticed it.

4 Likes

Short or not I think this game is awesome and the setting is riveting . hopefully there is a sequel and it comes out soon!

2 Likes

I think the game is amazing :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:.Really looking forward to the sequel!

4 Likes

i really love the beastmaster route i just hope the next continuation is a lot longer

2 Likes

I was very pleasantly surprised when i got to reading this. I actually read everything haha. i got this bad habit of skimming stuff in IFs if they get too wordy or lengthy or ya knowā€¦explain-y haha idk it just starts to bore me after a while and I really could not skip a word here so omfg, thatā€™s something! I love it and I adore being a f!deodrin mage. They are sooo cute with their RO. Can i suggest something tho? Wouldnā€™t it be better if you completed the whole story of 1 POV and then release all the other POVs consecutively. Just a thought.

1 Like

Welcome to you.

I liked the game me too, but he was really too short. Yes, we can play without paying but for those who pays (I did), it canā€™t help but feel a little angry.
If the writer continue his story and doesnā€™t make us pay (those who buy the first chapter) for the next chapters so it will be good. But for nowā€¦ Itā€™s a very good demo but a demo none the less.

if everything was free here how would people provide for themselves, canā€™t just have free hand outs, just like people who make games on patreon who get flak for making people pledge to get access to their game, its like do you not want the writer or dev to have money to spend on food and everyday essentials? this is their profession any form of money will give them motivation to keep on doing what they do, even if the in app purchase was to remove ads, you should be glad you did your part in giving the author some kind of payment for their work, i know as a video game dev i lost all motivation when people complained about money being involved and they kept telling me to make my games free, they even resorted to pirating them, some people would pledge to me to gain access than re-upload my games to other sites to be played for free and i couldnā€™t do anything about it.

1 Like

I bought the game, like many others game from CoG and HG. I didnā€™t say that author has to give their game freely, I was saying that it feel more like a good demo but a demo nonetheless. And pay for a demoā€¦
Now, we had occasion to play freely with the pub, but I would have like that the author precise that it was just the first chapter of the first book.

1 Like

But I will precise, yes, I really like what I read and play, particulary the silver fox story, but I canā€™t help but feel disapointed by the story lenght.

1 Like

the only problem with that is that they are separated storys and since the game is 85.000 words that make it 85.000 / 6 stories, shortening all of them to a very short playthrough, usually games revolve around 1 story while having minor paths and sub paths, pretty sure it will be better in 2 book since the writer will know people like larger books and the story will come to merge in the same point (atleast almost all of them) making it more easy to make the game bigger in that regard.

1 Like

Yeah, I know you are right. Itā€™s just a little frustrating.

the author could also run the Zombie exodus route where they just update the current interactive novel and add more story into it but you buy the next release
it would probably make things a lot better in the sense that you donā€™t have to have two different apps of the same series downloaded when the interactive novel just continues on the same app for example the lost heir has three separate apps for all three books, where zombie exodus just continues with a save point and a load point between books on the one app, it can conserve space that way as well so you donā€™t have a bunch of apps for one story

2 Likes