New Hosted Game! "The Soul Stone War 2" By Morgan Vane

Wait what, there’s a different soul stones for the MC? I didn’t notice it since i always got lapis lol
How did you guys got a different soul stones? Or did i just missing some parts?

The major personalty trait at the end of book 1 unlock your stone. There one for each of them

Fun story just wondering how to get clues 2
3 and 4

After playing the demo and reading the reviews, I’m on the fence about purchasing The Soul Stone War 1 so I want to know what people here think about it. What did you like and dislike about the game and were the aspects you disliked improved on in the sequel?

There were many complains regarding the first part about how MC is weaker than their companions. It made sense to me, as all their companions were already experienced adventurers while MC just left their home village where they didn’t have to fight monsters and stuff (not literal monsters at least). They are like Bilbo just joining the dwarves and Gandalf, and just like Bilbo gets ridiculed sometimes by the dwarves for his lack of experience and gets the “damsel”-in-distress role sometimes, our MC gets it too sometimes. But just like Bilbo our MC also gets their moments to shine.
In the sequel MC gets stronger (the stone buffes them up), so in this book MC is more on the same level as their companions. Also the group got to know eachother so they also respect the MC too more in this book.
Anyway if you are fine roleplaying as the underdog and you like romances then I think this is a good series. But if you want to roleplay a character who is powerful since the very beginning then this series maybe isn’t for you.

8 Likes

Is not like that yes the mc is just a noobie in the monster slaying business but the mc have potential that should not be looked down on even before the mc got the stone they managed to catch up with the rest using exp share to be on par with them, the mc have evolved in life through tenacity and will power to endure
The people weren’t complaining about mc being weak is just the lack of respect and pity that radiates from the mc’s party to themselves this character don’t deserve to be treated like a Sakura even with or without the stone

I’m sorry to write all spoiler, but I just want to let it out somehow…

My tears flowing out automatically when I took Manerkol route, especially at that part when he said “…why are you saying goodbye?”

I mean, after a man like him tried his best to open up, to be “normal” to the MC, and then suddenly his dearest soulmate MC left him like that

I’m just wondering if the author was like “I know it hurts, but the story has to go on” :sob: if there’s separated books of each ROs I’d gladly purchased them
Yes, I’m a simp.

1 Like

I got it with either 25 or 30 charm, cant quite remember

How??? I CANNOT get Morkais stone; and i cannot get all stones in one play through! OR get both daelanns stone achievement and Dorlas achievement together in a play through

I think that’s something we get in the next book? I very much doubt it would be that hidden that none of us can find it since these stones seem too important to the plot.

Could this be tied to Morkai’s romance route somehow? I mean I only encountered Dorlas when I romanced Morkai, eespite how hard I tried to find it in other playthroughs too.

You mean when she manages to activate her stone? For this you just need the clues and then you can confront her about it. The only time I didn’t get enough clues was when I passed up going to the labyrinth to get Straasa’s stone.
About the clues:

Clue #1 If you go back to the elf village at the beginning (this requires good ending for book one), then choose to take the pyramid thingie with you even if Daelynn doesn’t like the idea. This won’t give you the clue achievment right away, but later you find out that someone tampered with it, someone blond maybe…(This can be passed, I could gather enough clues without this too to question Daelynn)
Clue #2 When you run into that elf who seems to know Daelynn eavesdrop on them.
Clue #3 If you go to get Straasa’s stone it’s guardian will give an advice to Daelynn about her stone not liking secrets.
Clue #4 When you get back to the portal, Morkai (I tend to leave him behind to guard it) will tell you the agents he killed were looking for Daelynn.

7 Likes

If I played friendmance in book 1. After mc got rescued from mornie kidnapping, do I need to choose enter relationship or can I still stay friend with ROs, for book 2 to continue the friendmance situation?

Yeah, 99.9% sure his Stone doesn’t show up this book! You can only get Daelynn’s and Straasa’s as far as I’ve checked. Though I’ve never played his romance route, I’m checking the achievements and none of them mention getting him a Stone.

This I can say for sure isn’t connected with your romance route. My main playthrough - following Eledwen’s route - had Dorlas’ scene and achievement, though I never got to confront Daelynn and her Stone never activated, and I never got his scene in my other playthroughs (all in which she activated her Stone).

So I’m assuming you can meet Dorlas as long as you don’t find out enough of Daelynn’s clues!

1 Like

Maybe instead of listening to Daelynn’s confession I would have the time to stumble into Dorlas? Idk, I’m pretty sure I’ve maged already to get Dealynn to activate her stone and also to confront Dorlas in one playthrough, I’ll go check if my memory serves right. But at least I know now for sure, that Morkai has nothing to do with that.

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob: You’re hurting me. It does suck but for now it’s best this way. Without getting heavily into spoiler territory, you’ll have to get stronger. Mentally and physically.

It’s Jade. I’ve rolled out with that several times though being kind has nothing to do with it.

I think. Jade is for dream walking/intuition, it’s helpful in the second book in my opinion.

Focus mainly on your persuasive skills, always choose to talk things out, don’t go into the kobold cave, when those villagers try to gang up on Eldewen, trick them, etc.

1 Like

Maybe! But who knows, it might actually be possible to have both. I might play again later to try and find out, see if I missed anything :sweat_smile:

I’m back with another question for making my perfect playthrough, best stone for Persuasion focused character?

Actually, maybe I should just ask what stone fits best for what?

Try Bloodstone or Agathe

Thank you posting this, I have quite the liking for dissecting the capabilities and limits of superpowers.
Your argument has weight, I just want to discuss it further.

I would argue that Dae’s teleportation power, while very versatile and potent under moonlight, isn’t very useful during the day, underground, or on a night with no moon.

Strassa’s power could be useful in the wilds, or if he can could eventually command animals or take the form over other animals, like birds or rodents. Beyond that, I’m not sure what applications it has beyond an enhanced panther’s combat abilities.

Elly’s power is sweet, applications include phasing through enemies and debilitating them, avoiding attacks, bypassing defenses, and unexpected flanking maneuvers. Combine that with her flight abilities and superhuman strength, and you have one dangerous foe.

As the MC’s options, I haven’t got a full understanding for everything yet, but I can think of applications for each:

Obsidian: Use the Homunculus as a decoy, distraction, spy, or extra blade, just to start.

Bloodstone: Invisibility’s got tons of applications in combat, scouting, spying, and sabotage, just to name a few.
Making people believe lies could useful for escapes, spy work, or raising mobs/armies given the right setup…

Lapis: Detecting lies isn’t the best combat ability, but very useful for any type of investigation; spy work, research, interrogation, meeting potential new allies or enemies…

Garnet: Dispelling illusions will come in handy against any kind of spellcaster and general exploration.

Jade: Better dream visions gives insight into future events and a better early warning system.

Agate: Depending on the capabilities of the Astral Projection, this could be used for spy work, long-range communication, and possibly distracting/mind-controlling enemies.

I wonder how the powers of each character might evolve over time, and what Morkai might get…

Sorry about the essay, I had a bit too much fun…

7 Likes

So, got Manerkol’s bad ending “Into Love’s Arms” on my first playthrough. Anyone know what I possibly did wrong? From reading the thread I’m guessing it has something to do with not activating Daelynn’s stone but I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything else before attempting a replay.