New Hosted Game! "The Soul Stone War 2" By Morgan Vane

Everyone else is using it for the first time as well so not really. Then being seasoned adventures doesn’t mean they’re able to use magical artifacts with ease.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I must be quite irritating ^^

But as a DM, I see the raw power behind those power. You just have to think outside of the box.
Like in dn’d, a mage isn’t just a guy with a fireball. He’s got a lot of really useful spell, far more usefull and powerful than the fireball. But most player won’t use them because thé utility isn’t apparent right away. That sadden me, so from time to time, I “force” the player to use a liste of spell with a pre created character.
True strike is still useless thought…

3 Likes

Don’t know about you but the last part when there’s a last stand and the mc, warrior or mage, is practically crushing the enemies, feels quite op specially when two days ago we were fighting kobolds

6 Likes

That is fine if you are s mage, but you can be a warrior and those abilities aren’t exciting if you are one.

And no, the MC isn’t a peasant anymore. My character had a sword and a full set of leather armor, he might not be the most powerful warrior, but he could dispatch peasants easily (and he did it when the villagers tried to attack Elly). And that was before the Stone, now he is knocking out humans with a weak punch and dispatching supernaturals easily.

15 Likes

Hey does anyone know the location of morkai stone I have tried to get it but nope I have no clue or lead to find his stone I found strassa and daelyne stone but that all I could find

1 Like

The short path, the one with crystals, the one with the coin and the one with a faint glow at the end. Sorry I can’t remember the directions

5 Likes

Next book? I played the book a couple of times and I don’t remember any path for a possible Morkai stone path, while Dae and Staasa got their no mutter what.

1 Like

I have to say I like the variety that the game is presenting in this one over the last one. From reading the comments and looking at the code it seems people can have some pretty different playthroughs.

For instance in my playthrough, the only one who was able to awaken their stone besides myself was Strassa but he never did use his panther power (didn’t know he had a panther power till I read the comments)

Also Daelynn never did get her stone to awaken and ofc morkai didn’t find his yet so my MC was easily the most powerful out of everyone this go round considering his enhanced magic attacks and natural strength thanks to the stone

7 Likes

As far as the individual stone powers it looks like the best ones are Obsidian and Garnet I saw a lot of places where Garnet came in handy with his special ability as well and although we haven’t mastered it yet

Obsidian ability to create shadow clones essentially is something I definitely see being very helpful in the future and yeah the clones may not be as strong as we are but remember we are now a stone wielder we are far more powerful than even morkai in his current state so the homunculi are probably as strong as he is

1 Like

My playthrough sounds almost exactly like yours. Got Straasa’s stone, but no panther. Got Dae’s stone, but she couldn’t unlock it. Didn’t find Morkai’s stone. And there was one part, toward the end, where it was Morkai’s POV and he thought that he was pretty useless compared to my MC because she’s so much stronger and faster now, even if her “Stone” related powers are pretty crappy.

4 Likes

Interesting I never got the morkai POV scene but he did admit to the group that he was basically the weakest link when we were rescuing eldenwen

The POV you get is decided by who you are romancing.

1 Like

She can only activate it, if she admits having been lying to the group right from the very beginning (her stone doesn’t like liars). After gathering enough clues, you can ask her about it.

3 Likes

Also does anyone know how to get the Morkai and Straasa Scene Unseen achievement? I’ve been trying to get it and I’ve tried everything I can think of.

2 Likes

Has anyone been able to get persuasion high enough to stop Rakuo from attacking you, while also being able to end the first game as a mage? I’ve been doing code diving and I can’t figure it out.

I want my kindness achievement and dual bladed sword mage dangit!

Oh and on top of that, what stone is best for a kind mage? I’m currently leaning towards Jade but I’m not sure.

Either one or the other one, can’t do both.
For the Stones… Mine usually is either Garnet or Obsidian and they both work well for a mage

Bugger! Thanks anyway.

Edit: Second question, best stone for kind persuasion focused honest character?

Has anybody seen a cat in their playthroughs? There is a cat achievement, but I don’t even know were to start because where can I even find a cat?

1 Like

Strassa’s power

3 Likes

OH. So it’s not an actual cat. Thank you

1 Like