New Hosted Game! "The Shadow Society" by Cara Palmer

After multiple replays I’d say I really liked this gane tho more bc of the romances and the world building rather than the actual plot. I’d say I’m still kinda confused about what might be each factions goal here, which makes it hard to choose whom to support, so far I’m more like, I’d support the rebels bc they are whom we’ve seen more of. Or is it this confusing only bc it’s the first book in a series?

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, why aren’t there any achievements? I couldn’t tell if this was already asked, but I was surprised when I didn’t see any.

1 Like

I really hate how the games don’t tell to you that it’s a open-end game. After hours in a good story, without any warnings: The End, wait for sequel…

1 Like

Really nice game. The plot feels deceptively railroaded but my second (and third…) playthroughs offered me a surprising number of outcomes which I appreciated a lot and hope will carry on to the sequels with the same depth. I expected good replayability of the different relationships and how they affect the flavor of game and I wasnt disappointed, very well done.

When I first played the demo a few months ago I was mostly only interested in M as my RO and did not even consider Q to steal the the position yet she did. The little details and insights in Qs route were excellently written and I simply could not go for anyone else. The only thing a bit off was how deeply the MC is described to feel very early on, but the interactions with her were just so good and so right.

1 Like

Hello! I just bought The Shadow Society, having played the demo and absolutely loving it. I was about halfway through with the game when an error popped up and I had to reload. Now it won’t let me play, saying that the quota has been exceeded. I have no idea what that means and how to fix it. Does anyone have the same problem? Is there a way to fix it? Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks you for the reply, is good to know.

On another topic, after resgining to lose my playthroughs, I’ve tried different MCs and, while I find the story really railroaded, I do love the bits of characterization that can be encounter in the different options. Even if I find that the story rely too heavily on romance and too little in the actual plot, I have to admit that it has the best characters of all the Choice of’s that I’ve read. :clap: :clap:

Azur trying to drive G’s car was absolutly hilarious, and the shock of R if you steal them their (mother’s?) orbs is one of my absolutly favourite scenes. It really adds for a lot of replayability, even if the important events doesn’t chage. And I can believe it took me four playthrougs to properly realize that R, who is my favourite character, was a shape-shifter and seen them in their wolf form. I’m impress by the amount of secrets and details that this novel have.

5 Likes

Is anyone else getting an insane amount of errors? Multiple times the game has crashed and not allowed me to progress further. I loved this game in beta and I was so excited to see the finished product. Both my phone and the app are up to date. I only took screenshots of 2 crashes

1 Like

Dang, the driving scene was fine earlier, not sure why it’s broken now, but I tried going with both of the groups and it crashes both ways. Also it said “click okay to send an email to support” and I clicked okay but then it just showed me the “error: file not found” thing and nothing else

1 Like

@alliebee I’m afraid that this is an issue that is beyond the scope of what the forum can help with. In this case, you should contact Choice of Games directly by sending an email and screenshots to support@hostedgames.org.

2 Likes

Absolutely right - I’ve edited.

1 Like

I had the exact same issue, and support emailed me back today. Everything started to work fine again after I deleted the Hosted Games app and redownloaded it. You will lose your progress, though.

2 Likes

Do you lose your saves? I’ve had the same issue :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, once I redownloaded I had to start from the beginning, but I was only 4 chapters in and it’s totally worth it to have things running smoothly again.

1 Like

This worked!! Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Quick question is it just me or the stats wonky? Like azure friendship for instance is really hard to maintain up. Also… how many books do you plan on writing? I’m going to buy every single one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if you guys even look at these, but if you do. Is there a third book / game to evertree? And what book would you recommend with love interest choices for the reader?

I am absolutely in love with your Romance books!

Thank you!

• Nesryn
2 Likes

Hi @SkyaZolix

Welcome to the community! Do note that this thread is for Shadow Society who has a different author. The one you are looking for Lux: City of Secrets thread which is Book 3 of Evertree Inn series.

Make use of the search function if you have a specific thread you like to locate and don’t forget to read the FAQ to know the community guidelines.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

2 Likes

First of all, I want to start by saying that this is my opinion, my conspiracy, allegedly, and that I don’t mean to be rude or mean.

Is this game worth your hard-earned coin? Yes

The grade that I give it is: 6/10

I have to say I’m sorry for the low score. These types of games are not my thing. The description of the game did nothing for me. I could not figure out what it was about, and after reading the whole thing, I still can’t figure out the plot.

So after considering all that, I was amazed by how much I liked it. The way you wrote, to me, was very good quality. The shinning gem for me was the way you wrote those relationships.

I have to be honest. There were so good that I just focused on them, which probably contributed to the problem of why I did not get the plot.

Another thing to add, the way you wrote the responses (choices) shows that you put in a lot of work. Normally I feel like authors put things in there that feel like they came out of a prefabricated book. Yours didn’t. There were a lot of emotions that I could pick from. A lot of them I would say in real life too.

So, what was the problem?

There were a lot of inconsistencies. I think I did misread some.

The ones that I could remember:

1. When I was with Rheylo and the other guys, we were walking down the corridor of the hiding place. Michael said something about Azuridian, and I, as a joke said that I would tell Azuridian what he said. Well, Rheylo turned back, cursed me out, and then called me a snitch.

I was shocked because I just had come out of a very cute tender moment with him like 5 minutes before that. So I could not understand why that happened.

1. The wife of the leader of the rebellion. I saw her more like a sister, and I talked to her more like a sister. So when she confessed to Michael that she was in love with me, I was very surprised. That made no sense to me. (I think I did misread that, but I’m not sure.)

2. When the whole party was disturbed, Gwyndal said something about him working on figuring out who her identity was. I was like what? I supposed that we needed to have a conversation beforehand that never happened because I was following Rheylo a lot of the time.

3. When we meet the shadow man, he took on the form of Vince. He said something along the lines of he took a form that he knew we would be attached to. I honestly don’t understand how I could be attached to my 40 something-year-old co-worker. (I don’t know why I imagine him like that) I only met him once, and that was for like 10 seconds.

I was surprised he did not take on the form of the person we were crushing on the most. Since he has such a perverted sense of humor.

I was also surprised that he did not take on the form of our dead father. That could have been fun.

There where other stuff, but I forgot them.

Something that disappointed me was the inability to get intimate with the R.Os. I wanted to have that moment, but it never happened. The reason I was so disappointed was that there’re a lot of authors here who fail miserably at these types of relationships, but they throw everything, including the kitchen sink in there, and honestly, I don’t end up caring. So I get disappointed and frustrated cause I see the rare potential and then I’m left wondering why wasn’t the intimate factor pushed more.

What caused the inability to get more intimate and the thing I hated the most about the game?

The endless amount of interruptions.

The cat and mouse game was taken to far, to the point I think you self sabotage yourself.

I mean it went on and on and on and on and on.

Ex:
When we were trying to find out why we got kidnapped and what was going on, I think we got interrupted about 8,000 times. I was like oh my god! Can we get it over with so that we can move on! It can’t be that stupid of a reveal. I was proven wrong cause it was.

When we were having a moment with the R.O and something was about to happen or it was leading to a kiss… 1… 2… 3…

Character A busts in with an interruption.

We go at it again. 1… 2… 3…

Character B busts in with an interruption.

By the end of the game, I think everyone and their mothers, cousins, sisters, and brothers had interrupted.

Even in the last scene in the balcony, I was like, I know I’m not gonna get anything, not even a kiss, so the next person who enters through that door is dead meat!

1… 2… 3…

Poor Michael never saw it coming.

The interruptions got so bad that I started skipping pages. That was probably why I did not get the plot.

I was disappointed that there were no polyamorous options. I mean, they were written that good, so I wanted them all for myself.

Something that was missing that I never saw or felt was the feeling of jealousy. I never understand why authors write all these relationships without a bit of jealousy thrown in. Sometimes I just need to be wanted/ loved just a bit. Let the R.O show me for once that he/she is interested without my input.

I don’t even think we could even be jealous ourselves?

For example, if Azuridian is an R.O ( I think he is) and when we found out he is/was engaged to the demon lady, that would have been a perfect chance just to blow up, but we couldn’t. (It would have been a very sad day indeed. His murder, my trial, and his burial.)

The final thing is that the dad mysteriously died in that house. I can’t believe that throughout all of that story the m.c not once asked someone about it.

I also want to say something about Rheylo ( It is really positive :slight_smile: ), but I’m not good with my words, and I don’t want to offend anyone or be taken the wrong way, so maybe I’ll tell you if the sequel comes out.

At the end of the day, if it was not for the constant interruptions, I would have given you a 7.5. If there is anything that I could choose to have disappeared it would be that exactly. I really don’t want to see an interruption in the sequel until we are on chapter 18 and on lol.

It was a really good game! :slight_smile:

Also, I don’t think having 20 something short chapters really helped. I mean, sometimes I would really get into a chapter and before I knew it, I was interrupted by it ending so soon. Some of them could have been combined to make them longer.

Ps: I know this is comparing pears to oranges, but I have to say it. The feelings I got here towards the characters are the same feelings I got on creme de la creme with the characters over there. There is not one that I hated. so please… if we are gonna go through hell and back with the characters and save the world, write a wedding scene or something where we both say something equivalent to I do because I’m tired of dying a spinster on these games or not really confirming our love but still end up together by the end.

11 Likes

I was going to write my opinion about the game but I think NotSofunny already did lol i agree with him
The plot doesn’t feel right, the book seems to be only the introduction for the next books and that’s bad in my opinion because it makes me feel ¿tricked? At first i thought the book was a standalone book but turns out it was only the first one, i would like to add one thing about one RO in particular Azuridian if we choose him, he acts like you are only a toy for him, I mean I dont expect him to be in love with me right away but maybe a tiny just tiny change in his attitude not completely but maybe only just for a moment, and it’s too bad that the most “romantic” scene we have it’s with him (the piano scene) and right away after the kiss he goes like it was nothing lmao and on top of that we discovered that he was engaged lmao and don’t get me wrong i like people that are like that, you know, hard to get but Azuridian just seems like he doesn’t really care at all and is only focused on his mission (unlike his bro who is the tsundere type and it’s just so cute in my opinion hehe :heart_eyes:)
I would give the game a 8/10 I’m not usually that hard to impress and i think the book was amazing (mostly because it’s more focused on the romance and that’s just my thing) but i think I felt bad that this was only the introductory book and it didn’t actually advance on the general plot.

1 Like

The writer plans to release an update (I think this week) which will make the game feel more complete.

1 Like